Chapter 14

Kiss Me Goodbye, Into The Light

Kae In's P.O.V

I walked home that day in the rain. I really should have brought an umbrella. I called Hyuna multiple times but no one picked up. She randomly disappeared in the middle of the day.

I kicked off my shoes when I went through the front door. There was laughing coming from the kitchen. I went over and saw my parents and Hyuna sitting around the table, with an abundant amount of food on the table.

Hyuna got up and walked over. “KAE IN! Guess what?”

“What…?” I said slowly.

“I got the job! As a model! And it’s with Vogue!”

“Wow Hyuna, congrats.” I smiled. That smile is fake. I didn’t want her to be a model. I didn’t want her to have the attention.

“I’m going to travel overseas in a few weeks! I called mom and dad and they flew over right away! We’re going to celebrate.” She smiled.

I returned a smile back and followed her to the table. I sat down and turned to my family.

“We’re so proud, honey.” My father said.

“Who knew our little girl will become a model?” My mother added.

I feel like throwing up. What the is this? Hyuna gets a stupid modeling job and my parents make special arrangements to come home. I thought they said they were always busy considering that neither of my parents came to my ing middle school graduation. And how come no one is asking why I’m dripping wet? Hyuna never answered one of my calls because she was planning this?

I stood up and walked out of kitchen.

“Kae In! Wait!” Hyuna ran after me. She grabbed my arm and turned me around.

“What?” I said between my teeth.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m just fine.” I smiled back. “Let me go.” I shook her loose and went to my bathroom to run a bath. I got in and soaked there for about an hour.

- -

It’s been a two weeks since Hyuna left. I’m home by myself, every single day. At least she left her car so I can drive myself to school.

To be honest with you, these days, I’m really lonely. Yunho and I haven’t talked since the incidence two weeks ago.

I went upstairs to get some water when the door bell rang.

There, standing at the door was a god. Well, something similar to a god, Jae Joong.

“Hi Kae In, is Hyuna home?” He said in his husky voice.

I felt my knees become jelly and held onto the door for support. I shook my head and watched his smile vanish. I realized that what I was wearing wasn’t exactly the best outfit. I wore a pair of boxer shorts and Yunho’s cotton shirt which is three times too big on me.

“Uhh, you want to come in?” I asked.

He gave a light smile and walked in.

I closed the door behind him and leaded him to the living room.

“Do you want something to drink?” I asked.

“Sure.”

“Anything pirticular?”

“Water’s good.”

I nodded and got him a glass of water. We sat the opposite ends of the couch. Well, this is awkward, I thought.  

“How’s school?” He asked.

“It’s fine…”

“That’s good.” He sighed and put his head back. “How’s Yunho?”

I almost jumped when he said that. “Why’d you ask that?”

He chuckled. “He’s been sulking around a lot lately. I figured something happened between you too.”

I shook my head, “Nothing happened.” I thought back on what really happened. I regret walking away from him.

“How’s your life?”

“Same old, same old.” He replied.

“Do you miss Hyuna?”

“More than less.” He got up and looked at his cell. “I gotta go. I’ll see you around, okay?”

I smiled back, “Alright. Bye”

We headed over to the door and he left. The door bell suddenly rang again. I opened it and saw Jae Joong standing there.

“Are you hungry?” He asked.

‘What?” I was confused. “Not really…”

“Let’s go eat.” He smiled.

“I don’t…really think…” I said nervously.

He cut me off, “Go get dressed. I’m waiting in the drive way.

“Jae Joong I-“

He turned around and headed for the drive way.

I stood there thinking whether I should go or not. I’m finally getting my chance with Jae Joong, but I can’t fool around with him or Hyuna will be mad. Then again, we’re just going as friends right? I mean, I hardly know him. I quickly ran to my closet and got dressed. I pulled on a blue floral dress and white wedged heels. I quickly brushed out my hair and did my makeup. When I got to the drive way, I saw Jae Joong slightly leaning against the door of the car. When he saw me, his eyes lit up and smiled. He opened the door for me and I got in. I couldn’t help but feel butterflies and excitement.

Finally, this little bud is blooming into a flower.

- -

A/N: I know it took a week to update...LOL. So sorry! Been so busy with my exam studying :\

And not to mention I have another tomorrow. T__T

Next update will probably be sometime next week? I'm going to be really busy after exams as well. And not to mention I started another story. xD

IDK when I'll put it up tho so stay tuned! ^^