Chapter Eleven

Kiss Me Goodbye, Into The Light

Yunho’s P.O.V

“Ohmygod.” She said, covering . She was in tears now.

“Kae In! Don’t move!” We had to get out of here, but between us was a wall of flame. We’re both able to reach the door, but she’s panicking and spazing out. I quickly went through a place that was still free of fire and picked her up and swung her over my shoulders. I went towards the door but before I reached it, a pillar fell in front of us and caught on fire.

“Yunho, what’re we going to do?” Kae In sobbed into my chest.

“Just hold on, I’ll find a way out.” I looked around but there were no exits. We’re stuck in here. Worst of all, I didn’t bring me cell phone. We can’t call anyone. No one knows we’re here.

“Kae In, did you bring your phone?” She shook her head rapidly. “Did you?”

I didn’t reply and tried not to looking into her eyes. “YA! YUNHO! DID YOU BRING YOUR PHONE?” She screamed. Her eyes looked helpless as tears ran down from them. I hugged her closer to me, hoping it’ll keep her from spazing out again.

Time past slower while we were in there. Time seemed to stop as if the fire stopped crackling. It sooner felt cold rather than hot.

“Yunho…” Kae In said.

“What is it?”

She started to cough and as she did, it got worse and worse. “I can’t breathe.” She whispered.

“, it’s probably the smoke. Kae In, calm down.”

She kept coughing and all I can do was hold her. This is the end, I thought. She kept coughing and whispering my name and I only held her tighter. The fire was getting bigger and bigger, there didn’t seem to be anything to stop it. I shouldn’t have brought her out here today, but she seemed so out of place, this cottage was the only thing that made her laugh like a crazy man. And now, it’s gone.

The sound of banging disrupted my thoughts. The front door flew off its hinges. I hugged Kae In closer, keeping her safe from whatever is coming through the door.

As the figure walked closer, I realized it was a fire fighter.

It was that moment when my heart started beating normally again. I felt more relaxed. Kae In and I were saved from the fire. Nothing could have made me happier than to see Kae In cry with tears of joy, and for her to have that calm look back in her eyes.

- -

It’s now 3:49 am and Kae In and I were in the back of the police car. The neighbors called, reporting a fire in the forest. The firefighters put the fire out but now the cottage and half the forest are in ashes. They found the empty Vodka bottles and the remains of the candles. We’re getting charged for underage drinking and were accused of starting fire in the forest. The police ordered that the forest was to be fenced so no more teenagers go in to fool around.

I looked over at Kae In who slept soundly beside me. I moved closer towards her and put my shoulder under her head. She looked to cute.

“Alright, get out.” The police officer said. I gently shook Kae In awake and stabled her while we walked into the police station. I led her over to a bench and she sat down. She tugged on my sleeve.

“Where’re you going?” She whispered.

“I’m just going to walk to the police. I’ll be back.” I patted her head and she let go.

“You sure have guts, starting a fire in the middle of the night.” The police said as I walked up to him.

“I apologize, but it was intentional. I admit that we were drinking, but we never thought a fire was going to start.”

“Well, there are a lot of things we don’t know, right? You have to be careful at all times. I’m not going to sit here all day and hear your excuses. What’s done is done, go sit back down.”

I opened my mouth to speak but he motioned me to sit. I walked over to and sat beside Kae In. I looked at the clock that hung above the front desk. It was 4:10 am. My parents are going to kill me.

“Hey, you get one call.” The police placed a phone in front of him.

I thought of calling my parents, but I know that wasn’t a good idea. Kae In’s parents are out of town, which leaves Hyuna and Jae Joong. I’m pretty sure they are together but if I call Jae Joong, he would just ignore it, and leave me here. Maybe I should call Hyuna, but I don’t have her number.

“Kae In, do you know Hyuna’s number?” She nodded her head. “Good, I need you to call her and tell her to come here and pick us up.”

She shook her head. “She’ll kill me.” She mumbled.

“Look, if I call Jae Joong, he’d just strand us here. Hyuna cares about you. Jae Joong doesn’t care about me, at all.”

The words struck me. Why does it hurt? I’ve been living like this my whole life, but why does it hurt to think that Jae Joong doesn’t care for me like an older brother should?

Kae In looked at me in the eye, nodded her head and made her way over to the phone.

- -

YAAAY! SCIENCE QUIZ IS DONEE! HOPEFULLY I PASSED. :D

And it did take a while to update this chapter. It's all Yunho's P.O.V . Haha.

If you haven't checked out keep your head down, you should. ASDFGHJKL. It's so good. :D

Anyways, I'm updating again tomorrow... :)