Chapter 4

Kiss Me Goodbye, Into The Light

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled into my hair.

“You’re stupid.”

“I know.”

I smiled into his shirt.

He may be a jerk at times, but I love him all the same.

When I got home that day, I collapsed on my bed. I stared at the ceiling, counting numbers until I fell asleep.

--

“Psst!”

I turned over. What was that? I thought, still half asleep.

“Psst, Kae In!”

Maybe it’s a mosquito? Or a mice?

“Kae In! Wake up…”

Okay, so maybe a mosquito or mice cannot talk, then who was it?

I turned around again and opened my eyes.

“AHHH!” I screamed. The person covered my mouth.

Ohmygod. Ohmygod. Ohmygod. They’re here to kill me. I started kicking and punching the person.

“KAE IN! STOP IT!”

“HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?!?!” I picked up a pillow and started waking him with it. Then, I jumped on him and he stumbled across the room.

“What do you want?!?!”

“Kae In! Get off me! It’s me, Yunho! Get off! Aish.”

I froze. “Yunho…?” I whispered.

“Yes.” He the light and I saw him properly. “Wanna get off now?”

“YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!” I yelled and started o hit him again. He’s really going to give me a heart attack one day.

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?” I asked.

He nodded his head. “I’m pretty sure…”

“But, how’d you know?”

“I don’t know, just a hunch.”

I nodded my head and began to think. Yunho told me that if I change myself, Jae Joong will start to notice me. “But how?” I asked.

“Easy. Be the queen of Spring Fling.”

“Are you stupid? There’s no way I can! And you’ll break the tradition!” I said. The tradition was that every time there was a school dance, we’d hang out in my basement and do whatever there is to do. We’re not that social to be honest, and it’s like anyone will miss us either. Hyuna and Jae Joong are the most important ones anyways. They win. EVERY YEAR.

“It’s pointless going against Hyuna.”

“Not if you try. Look, why do people tend to avoid you?”

“I find that highly offensive.” I snapped at him.

“All you need is a high skirt, low cut top, high heels, makeup and a new hair style.”

“Forget it, I can’t do this…”

“I’ll guarantee it’ll get you Jae Joong. If not, I’ll buy you lunch for the next years of high school.” He smirked.

“Look, I’m not the type of person to do that. And I can’t pull it off anyways.”

“What are you talking about? You’re gorgeous.”

“Cut the crap.” I said.

“I’m not lying. There’s no one in school that I think is more beautiful than you. Hyuna is like a little dust bunny compared to you.”

I gave him a dirty look. “Stop lying. This conversation’s done. You should go home. It’s too late.” I dragged him towards the window.

“I thought Kae In never gave up. I thought Kae In is always a fighter, through thick or thin, through skirts and jeans.”

I gave him a death look. “Leave. Now.” I said pointing to the window. He smirked at me and left.

After he left, I sat on my bed and thought about everything he said. Maybe, I should.