Chapter 6

Kiss Me Goodbye, Into The Light

I can do this. I thought. I can do this. I can do this. What the hell am I thinking? I can’t ing do this. It was stupid to even think that I even had a chance at this. I sighed and looked in front of me.

“Just a few meters.” I muttered to myself. I let go of the wall and started to put my right foot in front of my left. I took a breath and gave out a deep exhale. I’m pathetic. I can’t even walk across the room wearing wedged heels! I closed my eyes. Their just like normal shoes. Normal shoes. Normal shoes.

“Think of vans…” I said.

I shook my shoulders and started to walk again. I’m doing this, I’m actually doing this.

Just then, I heard a loud thud and lost my balance.

“AHH!” I feel, first onto the hardwood.

I heard laughter. “I knew you’d go through with it.”

Yunho. I thought. What is he doing here? I looked up at him. He walked over and offered a hand. I took it and he pulled me up. I stumbled and almost fell when he caught me. He held me next to his chest.

“Look at you all dressed up.” He wiggled his eyebrows.

“UGH! Get away from me!”I pushed him away and almost fell back again but I held my balance. I bent over and took off the heels.

“Nice s.” He smirked as he sat down on my bed.

I quickly shot up and covered the revealing neckline. “You’re such a .”

“Only for you.”

I threw one of the heels at him and he caught it with one hand. Stupid, dumb, coordinated person, I thought.

“Lemme be honest with you. You look great.”

I walked closer to him, hoping I’d intimidate him. “You’re saying I was ugly before?”

“NO!” He shot up. “Au natural was beautiful, but this is just…amazing. WOW.”

I became silent and sat down beside him. Was he just lying to make me feel good? Because it was working.

Yunho’s P.O.V

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw her. She was beautiful before, but she becomes even more gorgeous when she actually dresses up. There’s no doubt that Jae Joong’s jaw will drop once he sees her. However, make up and clothes aren’t just the only things that make her beautiful. Her personality too. She makes everything more fun, and I have fun teasing her.

And above all, she doesn’t see that she’s beautiful. She doesn’t accept the fact that she is, which makes her even more beautiful. All those other girls strutting around school, the vain and narcissistic  girls, they think they’re a descendant form heaven.

“You think he’ll like it?” She asked and I snapped back into reality.

“Of course.” I smiled at her.

It’s hard watching the one you love, love someone else. And not to mention it’s even harder to help them get the one they love.

Kae In’s P.O.V

“You know…I’m kind of scared.”

“Of what?”

“If Jae Joong does fall for me…what am I going to do about Hyuna?” I looked at him in the eye. “She’s my bestfriend, I just don’t know if I can do that to her.”

“Then don’t do it.”

“But…I can’t! Yunho, you don’t understand! Jae Joong, he…he’s like…” I tried to think of something to say. “You can’t describe how I feel about him. The first time Hyuna introduced me to him…I felt like I was flying. And when she started dating him, I feel like I got my wings ripped off and fell out of heaven.”

“Kae In, this isn’t love your feeling, its lust.” He got up. “Instead of grieving over this, think about how Hyuna would feel. Put yourself in her shoes. Would she be happy if she turned you into a gorgeous girl, to watch you take her boyfriend away?”

He had a point. But it’s not like he understood how I felt. He’s never been in love. But then again, he said what I have isn’t love, its lust. But it still doesn’t give him the right to tell me how to feel and what to do. “I think you should leave.” I muttered. “I need some time to…think.”

He went over and opened the window. “Are you still coming to my boxing match tonight?”

I slowly nodded.

“See you at 6. He said before he went through the window.”