Chapter 7

Kiss Me Goodbye, Into The Light

I stripped out of the ty clothes and chucked everything across the room. I curled up and began to cry.

Everything I feel right now is so mixed up. Jealousy, desire, hate, love. Everything was spinning in my head like one of those rides at a carnival. The ones where you end up puking if you ate too much before going on it. I felt sick and disgusting.

I can’t do this to Hyuna. But why should I sacrifice my happiness and my chance for her? She has EVERYTHING. Literally. My parents like her better, she has a social life, she’s beautiful, and she gets good grades.

“What the !” I yelled. “I hate this!”

I shook my head. Calm down. Anger isn’t the smartest way to solve this.

I heard the door bell ring upstairs then footsteps running towards it. After a while, I heard voices. Jae Joong’s probably here.

A little while later, I heard voices again and then the front door closed. They’re gone now. I thought. I lied down on my bed. Maybe I should put some clothes on. Or maybe not. No one’s home, the window’s locked so there’ s no way Yunho can get in. No one’s here. There’s no point getting dressed. I thought as I drifted off to sleep.

- -

When I woke up it was 20 minutes to 6.

“!” I yelled. Tom’s match it at 6. I have to shower…and get dressed…and find a way to get there…well, the last one isn’t much a problem since I can just take Hyuna’s car. But I need to shower and get dressed. I jumped out of bed and ran towards the shower.

“Feels good.” I mumbled to myself. I mentally punched myself. I always had a habit of talking to myself when I’m in the shower. I finished my shower within 5 minutes. I was pretty proud of myself, usually, I’d take 40 minutes. I got my towel and dried myself.

For a second, I got a really weird feeling like a bug is squirming down my legs.  I shook my head and continued to dry myself. When I hung the towel back on the rack, I almost screamed.

“No, no, no.” I put my hands over my mouth. “God no…”

I got my period. It wasn’t even time for it come! It came a week early. I put on a pair of underwear then slipped into my bath robe. I checked under the cupboards an there were no pads. I checked in the upstairs bathroom, no pads. Nothing. Not even a teeny tiny tampon. Not that I’d use it cause it’s waaay to uncomfortable. What am I going to do? I checked the clock, it was already 5:46. I jumped down the stairs and got my phone. I dialed Hyuna’s number.

Please pick up, please pick up, please pick up.

It went to her voicemail.

“What?” I yelled. “NOO!” I dialed again, and it went to her voicemail.

“PICK UP, DAMMIT!” I dialed again.

“Ah, Kae In? Can I uhm, call you back?” She said, breathless.

“No, Hyuna! I need you now!”

She was panting into the phone. Geez, I wonder what she’s going. I rolled my eyes. “Look Hyuna, I got my period…can you get me uhm, pads?”

“Hyuna dammit, put down the phone.” Jae Joong said on the other end, loud enough for me to hear.

“Kae In, I gotta call you back later.” I heard and grunts.

I sighed and ended the call. Stupid Hyuna, ing Jae Joong while I’m bleeding to death right now. Well, Not literally, but, I am bleeding…somewhat.

Let’s see. I can go to the store on my way to the Yunho’s match, but then again, it might leak through and get Hyuna’s car bloody, and people will know I’m having my period. Gosh…this is so stupid. I hate being a girl. Maybe I should change genders. I slapped myself. Stop thinking of useless things.

Well, it’s not like I have friends I can randomly call up, you know?

Yunho? I thought.

No. He’s busy. His match is going to start…I can’t pull him out of it. I held the phone in my hands and watched as it turned from 5:50 to 5:51. I hesitated while I punched in his number. Right when I was about to press call, I shut the phone and threw it on my bed.

It’s just your period. Who cares? I got dressed and got my wallet and phone. I put a plastic bag on the driver’s seat before I sat down. I parked and got a pack of pads then changed in one of the bathrooms. Well, the whole part of my jeans is stained, good thing I wore a long shirt.

- -

I got to Yunho’s boxing match and sat down beside his parents.

He came out and looked confident. He hardly ever went shirtless in front of me before but holy cow! He was hot! He had the whole 6 pack going on. The opponent came out and he looked twice the size of Yunho. He smirked and they started to well, fight. I cheered him on and I think he heard me.

In the end, he beat that guy who looked twice his size.

He was sweating, but it looked good on him. Who knew he was this hot and y? I stopped myself. Is it normal, to think about a bestfriend in this way? Of course it is, isn’t it?