Chapter 8

Kiss Me Goodbye, Into The Light

He led the way through the forest, one hand holding the flashlight, the other holding mine. Well, more like, I made him hold it since I was such a chicken. When we finally got to the cottage, I watched as he picked the lock.

“Hurry up Yunho. It’s really cold.”

“Got it!” He sang. I followed him inside. It’s been a while since we’ve been in here, I thought. We sat down in the middle of the room. He pulled out candles form the black bag and lighters. We lighted 8 candles and then sat face to face.

“Is this it? This is what you pulled me here to do…light candles?” I joked. 

“I just thought we should come here. It’s been a while.”

I nodded. “What else do you have in that magical bag of yours?” I asked.

He reached in and pulled out a bottle. “Water?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Are you blind? It’s Vodka. Your parents are really bad at hiding alcohol.”

“WHY’D YOU TAKE THAT?!?! THEY’RE GONNA KILL ME!”

He shrugged. “Just thought we’d have some fun.”

“There’s a difference between having fun, and going too far.”

He laughed and then opened the bottle. “I brought you one too.” He took another bottle out and tossed it at me.

“CAREFUL!” I yelled. He laughed again. Was this really funny? Is he high for something? “Yunho, are you high?”

He looked at me funny. “Trust me Kae In, I’m not high.”

“Mhhmm.” I said as I took a sip. Wow, it’s been so long since I’ve drank Vodka, it taste funny now.

- -

Yunho’s P.O.V

“HEEEEY YUNHO, YOU KNOW. I’VE ALLLLWAYS THOGUHT YOU WERE A JERK!”

“Good to know.” God, she’s so drunk. I shouldn’t have let her drink Vodka. Her alcohol tolerance is so low. Or maybe she drank the whole bottle too fast.

“HEY YUNHO, I THINK I NEED MORE. DON’T YOU THINK I NEED MORE?!?!”

She stumbled over towards the bag and pulled out another bottle. I grabbed it from her but it was impossible since she had a death grip on it. A few attempts later, I was finally able to yank the bottle out of her hands.

“Kae In, you’ve had enough. Let’s go home.”

“NO!” She yelled. “I LOVE THIS COTTAGE, DON’T YOU? CUASE IT SMELLS…IT SMELLS LIKE…WOOD. DOESN’T WOOD SMELL SOOOOOO FRESSSSSH?”

I nodded my head. “Kae In, you’re drunk, we need to go home.”

She looked at me and smiled. She got up and came closer. “Kae In…what’re you doing?’

“What does it look like? I’m getting closer to you. It’s cold.” She said as she snuggled up to me. She sneezed and accidently blew out a candle. “You know Yunho…I’ve always thought of you as a bestfriend! You’re such a good friend.”

She patted my face. “Kae In, we should really go.”

“Nuh-uh. I want to spend quality time with my BESTTTTTFRIENDDD.” She sang. “I always thought JaeJoong was hot, but WHOOO! After seeing you today, all sweaty and , I think I have a different perspective.”

She gave a scary laugh. “So hot. Yunho the hottie. HEY! THAT SHOULD BE YOUR STAGE NAME!” She cleared . “AND IN THE OPPOSITE CORNER, WE HAVE YUNHO THE HOTTIE!” She said in a deep voice, imitating the referee.

What did she just say? I felt my cheeks burn, then shook out of it. She’s drunk, she doesn’t know what she’s saying. Not that I didn’t enyjoy being showered with compliments, it’s just, it’s too real to be true.

“You know…I know something we can do to warm up…GUESS WHAT IT IS?” She said.

“Huddle like penguins?”

“NOOO! NOOO! YOU’RE WRONG! Lemme give you a hint.” She winked. “It starts with S and ends in X.” She laughed.

Are you serious? I thought. She turned from crazy to in less than 5 minutes. Okay, I HAVE to get her home now. I got up and pulled her up. “Come on, let’s go.”

She hugged me tight, “I don’t want to.” She mumbled.

I sighed. She’s so stubborn. I looked down at her, she was smiling at me. She pulled herself higher towards my face and planted a kiss on my cheek. Her hands traveled down my chest towards my belt buckle and started to fumble with it. She pulled herself up and lured me into a deeper kiss, I wanted to tell her no, to stop this, but my lust got the better of me, I kissed her back.