Chapter 17

Kiss Me Goodbye, Into The Light

Kae In’s P.O.V

“What is he doing here?” Yunho growled.

“What are YOU doing here?” I snapped at him. “It’s 2 in the morning. Are you crazy?”

Yunho ignored me. He kept starring at Jae Joong.

“Yunho, you have to leave. NOW.” I said, furiously.

“So you’re still chasing after this man ?” He raised an eyebrow.

I stared at him in disbelief. I was so ing angry at him. He ruined a perfectly good moment. A perfectly good chance.

“Yunho, leave.” Jae Joong said. “You shouldn’t be here right now.”

“Who the do you think you are, telling me what to do?” Yunho snapped. He lunged forward and punched Jae Joong across his face.

“YUNHO! WHAT THE HELL’S WRONG WITH YOU?” I yelled, helping Jae Joong up.

Jae Joong shot up and punch Yunho back. Yunho kneed Jae Joong’s stomach and then punched him again. By the looks of this, I’m sorry to say that Jae Joong looked like he was losing. Those boxing lessons really paid off...

I couldn’t stand to watch any of this any longer. I went between them and tried to split them up. But you know, it didn’t work that well. I picked up some books and threw them at Yunho.

“YAH! YUNHO! STOP!” I yelled. “STOP IT!” I was finally able to pull Yunho off Jae Joong. I dragged him to the other side of the room.

“What’s the matter with you?” I started. “You don’t just go beat people up randomly.”

“Why is he here?” He grumbled.

“None of your ing business. Get out of my house NOW.”

“Kae In...” He pleaded. His eyes pieced right through me. His voice lowered. Just by looking at his eyes, I felt the pain he felt. It didn’t feel good, but what’s worse is that he’s experiencing the pain 100 times harder than I am.

“Just leave.” I muttered. “I don’t want to have anything to do with you.” I started at the floor. I couldn’t look him in the eyes. Yunho calmed down a bit more, then crawled out my window, and he was gone.

I walked over back to Jae Joong and helped him up.

“Are you alright?” I asked.

“Never felt better.” He chuckled.

I slapped his arm. “Stop joking around. You’ve got a cut on your face.”

He groaned. “This is so embarrassing.” He covered his face.

I shook my head. “Yunho’s just a jerk. Come on, I’ll get you a band-aid.”

- -

Jae Joong sat across from me and I looked through first aid kit. I cleaned the cut and then took out a band aid.

I leaned over to put it on. I almost jumped when I touched his cheek. Before I even knew it, he grabbed my wrist. It startled me at first but then it was replaced with tranquility. I looked up at him and he smiled back.

“Jae Joong...”

“Kae In, thank you.” He smiled

He leaned closer to me. My heart was beating faster and faster. What is he doing? I thought. Why is he coming so close? I was frozen, I didn’t know what to do. I backed myself away from him.

“You should leave.” I said.

He nodded his head and went to get his coat. I met him at the front door.

“I’ll pick you up tomorrow, alright?”

I nodded.“Bye.” I waved.

“See you.”

I closed the door behind him and pressed my back against it. I went back downstairs to see a mess of things. I stood in the middle of the room, confused of my own feelings. I didn’t know what I was feelings. Happy, sad, angry, in love. I didn’t know what I was feeling. Maybe it’ll all wash away soon, but for now, I better get this clutter cleaned up.

Jae Joong’s P.O.V

I sat in my car and starred at her house. Why am I shaking? Why do I even feel like this? I have little butterflies in my stomach. Why did I even agree to go to her house at 2 in the morning? Maybe because I felt the need to protect her from whatever she needs protecting from. I shook my head. I know what I have to do and I’m going to follow my gut instincts. I got out of the car and rang her doorbell.

The door swung open and a beautiful face popped up before me.

Kae In’s P.O.V

About 10 minutes later, the door bell rang. I rushed to the door, hoping it’d be the person I want it to be, and I was right.

“I didn’t you know you’d still be here...” I started.

“I need to talk to you.” He said.

I nodded my head and let him in. He followed me to the kitchen and we sat at the kitchen table silently, looking at each other. It was kind of awkward, until he decided to speak again.

“I want to break up with Hyuna.” Jae Joong said.

My eyes widened. “What?” I whispered.

“I feel happier around you. I feel like I can open up to you more than I could with anyone. Even Hyuna.” His brown eyes looked back towards me.

A tear ran down my cheeks. My dreams are coming true. He leaned closer and closer to me. My heart was beating so fast, it feels like it’ll jump out. I closed my eyes and leaned closer to him. When our lips touched, I almost jumped. This is like a dream, even better than a dream. His hands ran up my arm while our lips were moving to a steady beat. He pulled himself closer and I wrapped my arms around his neck, breathing in his minty scent. I suddenly heard a clank, but ignored it, thinking it might just be some animal outside. Jae Joong pulled me closer, deepening the kiss.

“What a wonderful sight.” A voice said.

The two of us broke apart and started at the figure before us. With her hands crossed across her chest, and a y look on her face, Hyuna looked like she’ll murder someone.