Chapter 8

Kiss Me Goodbye, Into The Light

“Stop prancing around.” I said sourly at Yunho. “Someone’s going to steal it.”

“If they try, I’ll just use my awesome boxing skills!” He joked.

We were walking towards the parking lot and Yunho had the gold metal hanging around his neck and dancing around like a stupid monkey. I smirked. It’s nice to see him all happy and joyful.

“Kae In…”

“Hmm?”

“Why do you smell…like fish?”

I froze. Oh my god. I haven’t realized. This whole time…I probably smelled disgusting. I should have brought extra pants and underwear.

“Well, I, you know…”

“No…I think I recognize it. Did you get your period?” He shouted.

I gave him a dirty look and wacked him across the head. “Can you be any louder?”

He laughed and kept mocking me. “Need me to drop you home?”

“Nope, see ya.” I waved as I got in Hyuna’s car. I started the ignition and drove home.

It was around 8. I kicked off my shoes and headed towards the basement.

“KAE IN! WHERE THE WERE YOU?” Hyuna said running down the stairs. “DID YOU TAKE MY CAR?”

“Well, yeah.” I said.

“I thought someone ing stole it! Would you ask before you use something of mines?”

I got angry at her. Why was she yelling at me in the first place? She wasn’t even willing to help me get a pad, and she knew I was in trouble. “There’s no need to yell.” I began, “I needed it to go to Yunho’s boxing match.”

“Well next time, ask.”

“I did, but you were too busy ing Jae Joong.” I snapped. I went to the basement and closed the door before she had the chance to say anything. Why did I just say that? I thought. Why, why, why? We never fight like this. And when we do, it’s usually little stuff, well this is little, but I know the way I said things may have hurt her. I filled the tub with water and took off my clothes. I got in and made a bunch of bubbles, felt good.

- -

I almost fell asleep but when the bathroom door unexpectedly opened, I almost jumped.

“You know…when someone takes a bath, they like privacy…not what you’re doing right now.”

Yunho grinned and sat down on the toilet lid. I was glad there were so many bubbles in the tub, so that he can’t see anything through the water.

“You doing anything tonight?” He asked.

“Uh, no.” I answered. "Saturday night, and I’m at home, taking a bath. What fun." I rolled my eyes.

“Great, since we both don’t have anything to do, let’s find something to do.” He smiled.

I laughed. He was cute when he smiled. What the hell am I thinking? I got some bath water and splashed it at him.

“HEY!” He said angrily.

I laughed. “You wanna get out? I need to dry off.”

He got up and left. I got out of the bath and dried myself. After I finished in the bathroom, I came back out into my room. I sat on my bed and he sat across from me.

“So…” I started.

He opened his mouth to say something but then we heard noise upstairs. There was voices. More than one, more than two. Probably all of Hyuna’s friends. We while later, the front door closed. Their gone. I’m alone with Yunho.

“Aren’t your parents ever home?”

“Well, considering my parents are always working and traveling overseas, no.” I started to squeeze some of the access water out of my hair.

“I’ll be back…” Yunho said and he left upstairs. I wonder what he’s doing.

I lay on my bed and starred at the ceiling, my mind was blank. I guess it was just one of those happy moments where you relax?

Who am I kidding? I was freaking out.

Yunho came back a little while later with a black bag in this hands.

“Come on Kae In, put your jacket on. We’re going to the cottage.”

“Yunho…it’s 10. It’s dark. I’m not going.”

“Come on,” he said, throwing my jacket in my face. I sighed and followed him out my window.