Chapter 16

Kiss Me Goodbye, Into The Light

Kae In’s P.O.V

With Hyuna gone, I felt as if a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I picked out an outfit for tonight and took a shower. I looked at myself in the mirror. I didn’t look like myself at all. I looked like a plastic Barbie that put on too much mascara. As much as that thought bothered it, it went as quickly as it came into my head.

I did some finished touches on my makeup and hair before the door bell rang. I rushed to the front door and pulled it open. There standing on the other side was no other than Jae Joong, looking as handsome as a god. 

“Hey.” He grinned.

I smiled back.  And followed him to his car.

“Where we going?” I asked.

“I was hoping you’d know.” He started the car and pulled out of the drive way. “Want to see a movie?”

“Sure.” I smiled.

A few minutes later, we arrived at the movie theatre. “What are we watching?” I asked.

“What about a horror movie?”

“What?! No way. I’ll get scared.” And it was true, I don’t do horror movies.

He laughed. “Come on, it’ll be fun.”

After being forced to watch the horror movie Jae Joong picked, I was shaking the whole car ride home.

“I can’t believe I watched that.” I said, covering my face. “I’m going to have nightmares tonight.”

Jae Joong chuckled. “You’re such a chicken.” He joked.

I punched him playfully. “It’s not like you’re not scared. I saw you shaking while we watching it.”

“I was just trying to make you feel better.”

I sighed and he chuckled beside me.

“Hey Kae In...”

“Hmm?”

“Is anyone even home?”

I looked at my house. All the lights were off. I sighed. “Well, my parents are overseas...Hyuna’s overseas...” I shook my head, “No one’s home. It’s just going to be me and my nightmares.”  I opened the car door and was about to get out but Jae Joong grabbed my hand.

“If something happenes, just call me, okay?”

I smiled and nodded. “Bye.” I waved.

He waiting until I got inside. When I went to bed that night, I had the biggest smile on my face. Screw Hyuna. That has everything she wants. I deserve this, don’t I?

-

It was right before 2:00 am when I heard weird noises. Maybe it was just my imagination, but I’m got so ing scared. I hid myself under my covers but everything few minutes, I’d hear weird shuffling noises. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if I wasn’t in the basement.

 Without peeking my head out, I reached for my cell phone.

“Hello?” A sleepy voice said.

“I think someone’s in my house...”

He hung up right away and I shut off the phone. I got up and opened all the lights in the house. The doorbell rang a few minutes later. When I went to open it, My heart did a flip.

“You okay?” Jae Joong asked.

I nodded. “I keep hearing shuffling noises.”

“Let’s go check it out.” He said. I followed him downstairs.

“I don’t think there’s anything here...”

“I’m sorry for waking you up.”

“Don’t worry about it.” He smiled, “I was just taking a nap anyway.”

I looked down at his PJ pants and raised an eyebrow.

“Okay so, maybe it wasn’t a nap. But don’t worry.” He smiled.

I wanted to drop right there. His smile was gorgeous.

“Is everything good?” He asked.

I nodded.

“Alright, see you tomorrow.”

“Uhm, Jae Joong, wait.”

“What is it?”

“Do you think you can stay here, until I fall asleep?” I tugged at my shirt. “Hyuna would always be with me, but she’s not here so...”

He smiled, “Of course.”

I jumped on my bed and crawled under the sheets. He sat down on the bed beside me and rested his head against the head board. I couldn’t fall asleep, I kept starring at the ceiling.

“Still not asleep yet?” He whispered.

“Nope.” I replied. “Jae Joong...how do you feel towards Hyuna?”

He was silent for a moment. I peaked over at him from the corner of my eyes. He opened his mouth to speak, but he was interrupted but a loud crash. I jumped up and looked over at the noise. There was a black blob on the ground.

“Jae Joong...” I whispered.

“Stay back.” He replied.

The black blob started to move. When it revealed its face, I realized it was Yunho. What is he doing here?