Chapter One

Kiss Me Goodbye, Into The Light

I stared at him. He was beautiful. Such an angel. I bit my lip to stop myself from doing anything I’ll regret.

“Hyuna, can you tell her to stop starring at me?”

“Kae In?” Hyuna waved her hand in front of my face. “Can you stop starring at Jae Joong?” She leaned over and whispered to me, “I think he’s getting creeped out.”

“Oh! Sorry, I just kind of got…zoned out?”

“It’s the 5thtime today. Control yourself.”

I nodded my head slowly and brought my attention back to the T.V while Hyuna snuggled up real close against Jae Joong.

Hyuna is my beautiful, smart, kind and popular 17 year old sister. Hard to believe that we’re even sisters since I’m a hideous freak while she prances around like a goddess. Don’t get me wrong – I love her to death, and she’s my bestfriend. It’s just I’m madly in love with her boyfriend, Kim Jae Joong. I know it’s wrong, the voice inside my head have been saying that for months already. But I can’t help it, he’s just so, exotic, and charming.

I just want to bit his bottom lip and take off his –

“Kae In, Yunho wanted me to tell you that he’s not coming over tonight.”

“Oh. Okay.” I mumbled. Is that all he wanted to tell me? I was kind of hoping for something along the lines of: “KAE IN, I’M MADLY IN LOVE WITH YOU.”

But, this is life, and NOTHING is fair. Anyways, Yunho is Jae Joong’s younger brother. He’s the same age as me, 16. We’re bestfriends, till death does us apart. He was there for me through thick and thin. We usually hang out in an abandoned cottage, just in the forest behind my house.

People thought it was haunted, and were scared to even step foot into the forest. It took Yunho a while to finally convince me to go into the forest. And when I was in, nothing happened so now, that place is where we always meet up.

I looked at Hyuna and Jae Joong from the corner of my eye, they were making out. Great, I thought. I got up and went to my room – in the basement.

You probably think I’m some slave working for this house.  But to be honest with you, I enjoy living in the basement, aside from the spiders and the occasional mice, it’s relaxing, comforting…and especially sound proof when Hyuna and Jae Joong are “at it”. Wink Wink.

I the light and dragged myself down the flight of stairs. It started to rain and the pitter patter sound of the rain drops tapped against the small, colourless window.  

- -

I got up in the middle of the night when I heard a knock on the window. To be honest, I thought some was coming to you know, do what rapists do, but then I realized it was only Yunho. I got up and climbed a chair and unlocked the window, I slide it open wide enough for Yunho to climb in.

“, Yunho, you scared the crap out of me.”

He got down and shook his hair.

“You’re getting rain water all over me!” I shrieked.

He laughed and sat down on my bed.  I walked over and sat down beside him.

“Of all the times to come…you decide to at…” I looked over at the clock. “2:15 am?” I asked.

“Sorry. I was busy with boxing.”

“At 2 in the morning?” I raised on eyebrow.

“I went home, took and shower and fell asleep. Then when I woke up, I missed you, so I came here.”

“Huh.” I said. “Wanna go home now?”

He smirked. “Nope, I just got here why would I leave?”

“Because some people want to actually sleep.”

His stomach suddenly growled. “You got any food?”

“Mhmm.” I said. He followed me upstairs, into the kitchen.

We both opened the fridge and found no food in the fridge. Absolutely no food at all. Except for 3 cans of Monster and some vegetables.

“Don’t you guys go grocery shopping? Ever…?”

“Shut up.” I said to him and slapped him playfully.

“Let’s go get pizza.”

“There’s pizza stores open at 2 in the morning?”

“No .” He smirked. “Come on.”

I grabbed Hyuna’s car keys and headed for the garage. We got into the car and I started the ignition and Yunho directed me to the 24 hour pizza shop.