At Death's Door

I'm Sorry, I Still Love You

Sungmin POV:

"What blood type am I?" I heard Kyuhyun ask Zhou Mi. Surprisingly Kyuhyun's deceased mom's blood type is negative O. When I heard about the blood I was really hopeless. How can we find  a blood type that's so rare in less than 12 hours?

"I'm sorry...your not blood type negative O. Your blood type A."  

"What? But...how?" Kyu asked disbelief clearly written on his face.

"You most likely inherited your father's blood type." Zhou Mi said his brows coming closer together. "Our only hope is the blood that we managed to get from the hostpital to arrive." 

Everyone stayed silent. The unasked questions lingered in the room uncomfortably. Can Ryeowook last until the blood supply comes?

"Do you think Ryeowook can make it?" Heechul opened his mouth to ask, unable to stand the uncomfortable silence in this room.

"I don't know Heechul-sii...he can die any moment now. The only thing we can do is wait and observe." Zhou Mi answered hesitantly. 

"Why..." Kyu suddenly spoke up. I can see the pain on his face and the fire in his eyes. 

"Why must Wookie go through all of this. What did he ever do? Why the did Yesung that asssucker have to leave Wook? If he didn't cheat on Wook with you then everything wouldn't have happened. Your just a third wheel Swion, a person who deserves to go to hell. Your Christian? Bull! From what I know the bible says not to break into another's relationship! And I though being gay was such a 'sin' if your such a 'faithful; christian then shouldn't you be dating a girl or some other ?" Kyuhyun screamed while glaring at Swion. 

"I...I'm sorry..I d-didn't k-know it would turn out like this..." Siwon answered meekly avoiding our gaze. 

"YOU DIDN'T KNOW? SO IF I WENT AND KILLED YOUR FAMILY AND I SAY OH I'M SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS YOUR FAMILY! HOW THE WOULD YOU FEEL?" Now Kyu was on his feet. He was going to punch Siwon if I hadn't stopped him.

"Stop it Kyu, enough already." I said as I pulled him back. 

"Enough? Minne...he was the reason that they broke up and indirectly caused this...how could you..?" He looked at me like I was a alien. How I wish I can just punch Siwon in the face, but right now it's not the time. 

"Kyuhyun, it's not what you thi-" Siwon started but was cut off by a nurse who came in rushing. 

"I'm sorry for interrupting but Doctor Mi, Mr. Kim Ryeowook is showing signs of decease." The nurse reported. Everyone was in shock. Zhou Mi was the first one to rush out of the room. We all followed after Zhou Mi. Signs of decease? No please..no, you can't die Wookie. Please. 

 

Zhou Mi POV:

I rushed to Ryeowook-sii's side. He was irregularly pale compared to a few hours ago. The holter monitor line is almost straight with only little ridges. It can't be happening, he's not going to survive. It'll take another hour for the blood to arrive and Ryeowook is not going to last until then. 

Everything was in a state of panic. I was working the defibrillator and yelling at nurses to call the hopsital. The others were blocked outside, they weren't allowed in. The holter line was slowly straightening itself. The defibrillator was barely working. What should I do...he needs to live, he has to live, for Yesung. I haven't panicked over 5 years of my career already but right now I'm panicking. Beads of sweat are rolling down and dripping down my chin. I carefully injected the needle that connects to the vitamin bottle into Ryeowook with shakey hands. i know this is not going to work, I am just clinging on to that last bit of hope that is fading bit by bit. No...no please..not again, don't let another person die in front of me please! I watched the line slowly even itself out. Slowly, torturing my conciousness. Another is dying front of me like Victoria did. I let Victoria die in front of me and now Yesung-hyung's boyfriend is dying. Maybe it was because I wanted to reedem myself so badly that I don't want Ryewoook to die. Maybe I just want to piece the shattered promise together so I cared for Ryeowook. The world's best surgeon,,,I failed the title twice. I failed my career twice. I failed my friends again. I failed myself and my promise to Victoria. I watched the line, removing itself of the little up's and down's. I just sat there, waiting for the the line to stop replacing bigger ridges for smaller ones and just even out. Suddenly the door bursted open and the person came in giving everything a second chance. 

A nurse came in with six bags of negative o blood! 

"The Seoul Hospital said a person donated the two bags of negative o blood." The nurse explained.

"Great, hook up the bags of blood, he can't sustain any longer than 5 minutes." I said as took a bag of blood from her and hooked it up on the other side. 

Even though we have blood now there is still a very slim chance that Wookie wil survive considering how close he was to death. There's a greater chance that he might not make it. I took out the defibrillator again and started pumping it on Wookie's chest. We didn't dare give the blood to quickly so I set it so that it will take about 20 minutes to drain a bag of blood.  I told the nurse to take out all the vitamins  so the body will have less fluids to take in and it can just focus on taking the blood. My hope expanded as the holter monitor is slowly reviving. The holter line is slowly moving, he's not dying. After I made sure everythign is set I walked out. 

"Is Ryewook okay? How is is?" Heechul asked. 

"His body is taking in the blood but he is still unconcious, it is not abnormal. I think he should wake up after three to four days max." 

"Thank you Doctor Mi" Sungmin said. 

Now the only thing we can do is wait. We can only wait for Ryeowook to wake up....if he ever does. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update I didn't have the time to update because of a fundraiser that's going on. I had to blow so many balloons my lunch/ dinner tasted like balloons T.T I actually finished this yesterday night, I was going to post it but I forgot to uncheck the Hide Chapter box, sorrry! 

Thank you for commenting, reading, and subscribing to this story! 

Tell me how you think of the new POV's I'm just experimenting with them.