Chapter 27: The Great Escape

Forbidden Affection

 

The day that Donghae was frightened about, came. Today was scheduled, that Tiffany will be tortured by the whole Fallen Kingdom body. It was early in the morning when an officer went to Donghae and told him that he’s the one who’ll get Tiffany ready for the ‘event’.

Donghae entered her cell holding shackles and two other Fallen holding a metal ball. When Tiffany saw him, she quickly gave her hands to him.

“I can manage” Donghae said to the Fallen, and he left.

Tiffany grabs the shackles and locks both of her hands in it.

“Hey, I didn’t bring the key” Donghae said.

“I don’t need the key”

“I’ll not put that cuffs on you to give you a chance to escape later, but look what you did”

Tiffany didn’t response. The officer came and asks Donghae if he’s done.

“In a minute” Donghae said. He kneeled in front of Tiffany and grabs the chain connected to the spiky metal ball. While locking, he accidentally touches her wound causing it to badly bleed.

“Mianhae” He whispered. He glanced at her but her face doesn’t show any reaction.

The time came. Tiffany’s having a hard time on standing because of her bleeding wound. Donghae offered his hand to help but she just spat his hands away. They walk through the hallway and stood at the main gate.

“Donghae, ride on that horse” The officer commanded. A Fallen went to Tiffany and attached a chain on her handcuffs.

“What’s the use of that?” Donghae ask.

“It’ll be attached to your horse, you’ll lead her around the kingdom” the Officer said, “All you need to do is to guide her and let the others to the rest”

“We’ll open the gate!” A Fallen shouted.

The officer pushed Donghae to ride his horse. The main gate slowly opened. Donghae look behind him, thinking what might happen to Tiffany when they went out of the gate.

They started walking.

“Don’t let the immortals throw or do anything to her” Donghae ordered to the Fallen guiding his horse.

“I’m sorry; the Officer commanded yesterday that they can do anything to her.”

It can’t be – Donghae thought. If the Officer commanded that, Tiffany will be in great trouble. Donghae run to Tiffany.

“Cast a spell that can protect you to any harm” He whispered

“Let it be” Tiffany said. “Just let them do what they want”

“Are you crazy?”

Tiffany nod.

“Adept” The Officer said.

“You don’t even tell the plan to me” Donghae said.

“If she didn’t die by stoning, you’ll burn her tomorrow.”

He didn’t want her to be killed by stoning and he didn’t want to burn her either. He didn’t even want a single hand lay on her. Donghae climb back to his horse and started the ‘parade’ as the Officer commanded.

The first stone was thrown. Donghae looked behind, it hit her. Blood came from her forehead. Donghae wants this to stop but how? They just came out and the Kingdom was too big for Tiffany to survive with the stoning. They can’t run, the metal ball connected to Tiffany was too heavy, they even need two immortal to lift it from the ground and carry it to her cell.

It’s been an hour. Donghae can’t do anything; the Officer was there all the time. If he helps her, they will be both killed. Tiffany was covered with her own blood from the too much wound that the stones caused to her.

“Cross that bridge, the last town was there.” The Officer said “We’ll go back to the kingdom.”

Only Tiffany, Donghae and a Fallen left.

“Do you know the last city?” Donghae asked the Fallen.

“Ne, that was the city that the Kingdom can’t manage because it’s too far”

They arrived at the city. It was too surprising that the immortals there circled around them and started on throwing too much stone on Tiffany. Tiffany ended on sitting on the ground. Donghae quickly run to her.

“Adept!” The Fallen shouted. Donghae knew that he might report to the officer. Donghae quickly grab his bow and an arrow and quickly shoot the Fallen, he fell on the ground. Donghae rushed on Tiffany and hugged her, catching all the stone that was thrown by the angry residents.

“By the dragon light,
on this bloody day,
I call to thee to give him your might,
by the power of thee,
I conjure to thee,
to protect all that
surrounds him,
so let it be
so mote it be!” Tiffany whispered then she touches Donghae’s cheeks. Then collapse on his arms. After a sudden moment Donghae can’t feel the stones that hit him. Does Tiffany cast a protection spell to him than on herself?

“Stop!” someone shouted. Everybody stop throwing stones. Donghae search where the voice came from. Jia

“I’ll send all your daily needs for the whole year; just don’t mention whatever happened in here.” Jia confidently said and the residents left. She walks to them. “Go back now; I’ll just clean up your mess” she said, talking about the Fallen that Donghae killed awhile ago.

“Thank you” Donghae said before he spread his wings. He had Tiffany on his arms and fly away.

He came back to the Kingdom and make up a story. He told them that the Fallen fell off the bridge and that Tiffany collapse because of too much stoning he even told them that the residents was stoning him too and that’s the reason why he just carry Tiffany back into the Kingdom.

Tiffany’s POV

I can’t move. My whole body became numb. Is Donghae okay? I don’t know if the spell I cast was right.

Fei gave the food to me. I think I should eat for this is my lat suffer, I’ll be executed by HIM tomorrow. As I was eating I notice a metal piece under my soup. Key

There was a KEY!!

I quickly cast a spell on my wounds. And get ready to get out of this hell.

They were too busy for tomorrow’s event.  I had my chance. I insert the key to the keyhole and slowly turn it.

Click

I slowly push the door open and got out. Luckily, I found an abandoned bow and arrow on the path that I was walking. I grab it. Donghae once teach me how to use this thing, thanks to him. I sneak till I reach the backyard. All I can hear is my own heartbeat inside my chest. Hoping that no one can see me, I run into the woods, throwing the bow and arrow away. I’m free!!

But, what’s that? Is someone standing few meters in front of me? It’s too late before I recognize, it was Donghae. I stopped in front of him, tears flowed from my eyes. I’m (A/N: y,) free (A/N: & Single), but all of the sudden, this guy appeared. I just feel on my knees. I failed to escape. He kneeled in front of me and held my hands.

“Go” He said as he let me recognize that he’s giving my wand back. I stood up and run away from him.

End of POV

The Woodland

Eunhyuk was walking back and forth the alley while Sungmin and Sunny was sitting on the bench at the side.

“Hey, I’m feeling dizzy right now” Sungmin said.

“What are you thinking about?” sunny ask

“Don’t you know? Tiffany’s execution will be tomorrow. Donghae will burn her down” Eunhyuk replied.

“Hyung, A girl on the main gate wants to see you” Jonghyun said as he rushed on Eunhyuk’s side.

“Nugu?”

“Tiffany” Jonghyun whispered.

Eunhyuk run as fast as he could until he reach the main gate and spotted Tiffany sitting outside, covered with blood although her wounds are not visible because of the spell she casts.

“Open the gate” He commanded and quickly carried Tiffany and went inside.

“Tiffany?” Sunny shouted in the sight of her friend.

“Minho, tell Hyoyeon go here” Eunhyuk commanded and Minho follows.

“I’ll call Yuri” Sungmin said. Sunny nodded as he turned into a wolf and on his way to Witchwood to fetch Yuri.

<3---<3---<3

“So what’s the plan?” Yuri said while holding Tiffany’s hands.

“Nothing” Tiffany answered.

“Stay here for a while” Eunhyuk suggested.

The Fallen Kingdom didn’t announce to everyone that Tiffany escaped. Avoiding the humiliation, they just move the date of her execution a week after she escaped, giving much time to find her.

<3---<3---<3

It was a normal day at the University Quadrangle. Donghae and his company were sitting at the staircase.

Eunhyuk, Sungmin, Sunny and Yuri entered the place. Eunhyuk stopped in front of Donghae.

“Waiting for the grand entrance?” Eunhyuk asked, give him a smirk then continued walking away.

After a few seconds passed, all the immortals stopped, everyone froze. All you can hear was a snapping noise made by someone’s stilettos while entering the quadrangle.

“Andwae” Henry whispered.

“Wae?” Donghae said as he followed Henry’s hands pointing the girl who was entering the quadrangle. Tiffany.

She was perfectly looked like a powerful Black Witch now. You can’t see any sign of hardship that she experienced during the days that she’s at the dungeon. Not even having a scratch visible in her sleeveless back dress except for the stitched wound made by Donghae’s starshot. No sign of fear on her eyes that are lined with black eyeliner. But no sign of happiness on her red lips either.

Onew, Jonghyun, Minho, Taemin and Key was escorting her as she entered, making sure that no one can lay a hand on her.

The noise that her stilettos made stopped when she reach the Lycans Academy, where Eunhyuk put his hands on Tiffany’s hips as he met Donghae’s eyes.

Eunhyuk bent down a bit, “His eyes are full of jealousy my dear” he whispered

“Let him be” Tiffany replied.

Eunhyuk guided Tiffany and entered the University while Yuri and Sunny walk on separate ways.

The Fallen Kingdom

(The night that Tiffany escaped)

Donghae was walking at the hallway. Everyone was now in panic once they realize that Tiffany escaped. He met Fei.

“Adept” Fei murmured.

“Thank you” Donghae replied.

*Flashback*

Fei’s POV

 I was walking back to Tiffany’s cell holding her food when I met Donghae on my way and slipped something on my pocket.

I reach for my pocket and notice that he actually gave me a key for Tiffany’s cell.

I put the key under the soup that the guards didn’t notice it. That was the first thing went on my mind when I saw the key. Why will Donghae give the key to me? To help Tiffany, right?

I just hope that what I did was not wrong.

End of POV

*End of Flashback*

 

Hey readers, subscribers and silent readers!

Sorry for updating very late!
School is giving me lots of work!
Projects are given (can you imagine that in Physics, we’re told to make a comics book but the story should be Physics related?!)
University Entance Exams and many more nerve wrecking activities!!

So please forgive me for making you wait (if you really wait).

KAMSA HAMNIDA!!!

P.S. please do leave comments. They are precious to me like Onew likes chicken; Kyuhyun loves gaming; Sungmin and Tiffany loves pink; Zinger likes her shining shimmering “Zinger” pants; as Seohyun loves her sweet potato; as Jessica loves sleeping; as Sooyoung and Yoona like eating; as Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon loves dancing; etc.

Love lots (from the bottom of my hypothalamus),
Aeri Shin (Lee) J