Chapter 25: The News

Forbidden Affection

 

Donghae ran until he reached the office he entered without knocking. He was quite surprise when he saw the officers celebrating.

“You heard the news already” one of them said to him.

“You got the Neph?”

“Yeh, we didn’t call you because we’re in a hurry”

“Where is she?”

“Dungeon”

Donghae left them and quickly went underground, where the dungeon located. He covered his nose with the back of his hands, the whole dungeon smells like sewage. Donghae gestured the guards to leave, they obeyed. He walks closely to the cell.

And there she was, her hands are both tied, and her clothes are wet and tattered. Her head was leaning at the cell’s door, eyes closed. It takes a minute before he could notice that her body was almost covered by deep wounds and bruises.

“Nuguseyo?”

He jumped in surprise, he turned his head to see where the voice came from, it’s Fei, one of the Fallen’s servant girls.

“Oh, Mianhae” She bowed her head to him, recognizing that Donghae is in the higher position.

“Are you the one who’s taking care of her?”

“Actually, they didn’t appoint anyone to take care of her. But, I pity her that’s why I’ll try to clean her wounds”

“Continue that, I’ll tell them to appoint you. Take a good care of her.” He said as he left them.

“One more thing” He turned back. “Check the stitched wound on her arm. It’s still swollen. Make sure that it’ll heal quickly” he commanded as he goes.

It made Fei wondered why Donghae knew about her wound. It was just seconds that pass when Donghae arrived, how can he knew that quickly?

A day had passed, Donghae decided not to go to school if Tiffany was still on their kingdom.

“At last, you’re awake” Fei exclaimed as Tiffany woke up.

“How long did I sleep?” Tiffany asked.

“Just about a day, everybody thought you’re gonna die.”

“Where am I?”

“Unfortunately, here at the dungeon”

“I know, I mean, what kingdom?”

“Fallen”

Tiffany didn’t remember how she ended up in here; all she knew was Donghae reported her.

“I’ll just go get the medicine kit upstairs.” Fei said and walk on her way.

Donghae quickly sneak downstairs to see Tiffany when he spotted Fei and give her something to do, so that he could have a time to talk to Tiffany. He was on his way to the dungeon when Henry stopped him.

“They need to talk to you”

They went to the meeting room.

“Donghae, I want you to be my daughters husband” one of the Fallen said.

“Mwo?”

He gestured someone to come in. Jia.

“I want you to be married to her as soon as possible” Donghae’s mom said as she stand up and place her hands at Jia’s back and together, they walk to Donghae.

“We’re not having a problem with that, right” His mom continued as she placed Jia’s hands on Donghae’s.

“Why so sudden?” Donghae asked.

“We’re not forcing you; there is still time for you to cope up. We planned to have your wedding 2 weeks after the execution.” Jia’s dad exclaimed

“Execution?” Donghae questioned.

“We’ll have a public execution for the Nephilim. You suggested that when we appoint you as the Adept, remember?”

That was Donghae’s biggest mistake. He’s the one who suggested the “Public Execution” for the Nephilim, but that’s before he met her. He had not strength to do it now.

“When’s the execution?” He asked.

“About a week, so your wedding will be after 3weeks.”

<3---<3---<3

“Done” Fei exclaimed when she finished re-stitching Tiffany’s wound.

“When’s the execution?” Tiffany asked

“As I’ve heard, a week from now.”

“You should be mean to me”

“Why should I? I’m a Neph too.”

“I thought…”

“You thought that all the Neph that stays here are in a good position?” Fei interrupted.

“Ne, Yoona, she’s a Neph, but~”

“All the servants here are Nephilim. But, the Fallen’s doesn’t know it except for the elders. Yoona, on the other side, she’s the granddaughter of the Elder, that’s why she’s living like that. And they’ll not execute you because you’re living at Witchburn. It’s because, the number of Nephilim’s are getting higher. “

“Unfair”

“Ne, all of us envy Yoona, but it’s not her fault, she doesn’t even know that we’re Neph like her. Don’t tell that to other’s huh?”

“How could I, I’ll be executed soon”

“If only I can do something to let you go out of this hell. Our Adept is kind but scary when talking about the Neph, which is, you”

“You’re Adept, Lee Donghae”

“Ne, but yesterday, he went here to see you, he looks so concerned. He even tell me to make sure that you’re stitched wound will heal quickly.”

“Maybe he just show that he cared, although he’s not”

“But I’ll admit, he’s handsome. Too bad for me, he’ll be married too soon”

“Married?!”

“To Jia”

<3---<3---<3

3rd Day.

Donghae decided to personally bring her lunch after knowing that she didn’t even eat since she was locked up at the dungeon.

The guards opened up the cell’s door for him. He walk towards her and bent down to give her food.

“Here” Donghae gently said. Tiffany gets the tray from his hands.

“Go” Tiffany commanded as she placed the tray away from them letting the rats eat it all.

“Leave us alone for the moment” Donghae ordered to the guards. He sat in front of her, while she avoids his eyes.

“What’s your problem? You’re not eating since you arrive here” He asked.

“I was killing myself when you came, why you didn’t just let me kill myself than execute me I public?” Tiffany whispered but enough for him to hear.

“Please eat.”

“Leave”

“I’ll not leave if you’ll not eat”

“How can I eat when the other Neph is dying in hunger?”

“Yoona is not dying”

“You didn’t know? All your servants are Neph. You’re going to kill me because~” She stop, remembering that Fei told her to keep it as a secret.

“What are you talking about? The Elders are betraying us?”

“Leave me alone”

“I have time to spare now, continue what you’re saying.”

“Why don’t you just spare your time at your Fiancée’s side?”

“I’m not going to marry her because~”

“I don’t care, just leave me alone, will you?”

“If you think that I’m the one who reported you, you’re wrong”

“Then who? Yoona? Sooyoung?”

“No.”

“You’re the only one I think that has an intention”

“Is that how you really see me?”

“Yes”

“I don’t know what should I do to get your trust back again, but I’m telling you, killing you is not my intention”

“And what?  You’re just playing with me when you shoot the starshots? I was planning to tell you the truth that night, even though I know you’ll nor going to accept me, before they came”

*Flashback*

That night….

“I was just thinking that, we should..uhmmm…we should not hide anything from each other right?” Tiffany said

“Ne, wae?”

“I’ll tell you something. But promise me that you’ll stay on who you are huh?”

“Sure, what is it?”

“It is that……uhmmm…I’m the…”

Then the armed Fallens came.

*End of Flashback*

“I’ll do everything, just accept my apology” Donghae almost beg.

“2 days after my execution, all the servants, who are Nephs, will have their freedom and should have their own kingdom”

“The servants are not Nephs”

“How sure are you?”

“The Elders will never betray us”

“Are you sure of that? Do you ever know that you’ll going to execute me because they’re aware that the number of my breed is rapidly rising?”

“They betray us?”

“You betrayed me then you got betrayed. I guess that’s fair.”

“Donghae, we need to talk” Jia suddenly appeared.

“Go ahead,” Donghae said, Jia leave as she couldn’t stand the smell of the dungeon

“I’ll send new food for you. I’ll go here when I have time” Donghae almost whispered to Tiffany

“Don’t waste your fake efforts to me.”

“Tiffany~”

“JUST GO”

Donghae left her, he was outside her cell when she called him.

“Tell me, what kind of torture will they do tomorrow?”  She ask

“Torture?”

“Never mind, I guess it’’ be a surprise.”