Chapter 1: In Principio

Forbidden Affection

 

Tiffany’s POV

Me: Appa, what they want from us?

Dad: your mother is a Nephilim, my child.

The angels were armed their leader walks toward my mother and planted a starshot at her. My father covered my teary eyes.

Father: whatever happens, don’t take revenge my child, arraso?

I just nodded.

Father: stay here, don’t make a sound.

Appa walks towards them, my mother turned to ashes, I was already crying. Father killed the Angels’ leader, but his army fired dozens of starshot at him. And they both died.

<3---<3---<3
(Still Tiffany’s POV)

“Eomma!” I sat up, catching my breath, sweating. That dream again. It happened 11 years ago, the worst nightmare in my life!

“Tiffany! We’ll be late! It’s our first day at school, remember?” Yuri shouted from down stairs.

Yuri’s family and mine are been friends for generations. When my parents died they let me stay with them. I went downstairs.

“Why so early?” I said

“The earlier, the better. Why are you sweating like that?” Yuri asked

“They visited my dream again”

“It’s been 11 years, maybe what they say is true, you need to find them justice. You didn’t even know why the Fallen kill them”

If only I can tell you the reason behind

“Kaja!” I got my bag and witch wand. Yuri’s wand hit me and it changed my dress

“What was your mother doing?” I asked

Beauty and youth spell?”

“She should teach as how to do that”

“No need for us” she said while caressing her face.

*laughs*

We grab our broomstick and headed to Stardale.

<3---<3---<3

Stardale Glen

Yuri: can I ask where is the university for the—

Pixie: Witches?

We nod

Pixie: The Witchburn University? The black and creepy building at the university belt. Between Warlock Academy and Lycan University and in front of the Plumes Academy.

Me: oh thank you Ms.—uhmmm

Pixie: Kim, Kim Taeyeon at your service.

*a churning sound from Yuri’s stomach*

Yuri: we should get breakfast first

Taeyeon: The Eternal Café is the best place to eat in this city.

Me: thank you, see you around!

We went to the café and eat breakfast.

Yuri: we should eat here every time! Breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, midnight snacks.

Me: Auntie will be mad at us.

Yuri: we have to go.

Me: but I’m not finish yet,

The door slams open. The three well-known vampires entered, Heechul, Jessica and Yoona.

Yuri, I and the other costumers (mostly pixies and Fallen) stood up and went outside.

Pixie 1: Good thing the wolves are not there.

Pixie 2: or else the café will be into pieces after 30 seconds!

Pixie 1: that’s right Hankyung!

Hankyung: That’s right Leeteuk!

Leeteuk: oh we got some new friends in here.

Me: hi! I’m Tiffany and this is Yuri.

Hankyung: heading to Witchburn University?

Yuri: yup.

Leeteuk: we’ll accompany you!

Their glittery wings showed up. We grab our broomsticks and followed them. Aerial view was good! The other witches float around with their broomstick. We landed in front of the black creepy building Taeyeon was talking about.

Hangeng: annyeong!

Yuri: thank you.

Leeteuk: if you need us, we’re just around the city.

Yuri and I bowed at them and enter the building.

Yuri: this is much different than our school in Witchwood!

Me: Much different? It’s just the same size and the same content.

Yuri: hey! Watch your words! Do you know that every witch dreams to be in this prestigious school?

Me: I know, I know you’re always telling that.

Girl: annyeong haseyo

Me: annyeong, Nuguseyo?

Bora: Yoon Bora, welcome to WitchBurn. Your lockers # is #24 while Ms. Kwon is #25

Yuri: oh thank you.

Bora: I believe that you need to get hurry coz your first subject will start after 5 minutes.

We headed to the locker, put our broomstick inside and find our room.

End of POV

Tiffany: oh good, first subject, “history”

Yuri: it’s interesting, you know.

Tiffany: I heard it a million times in my life. I became my bedtime story when mom is still alive.

A boy entered.

Boy: good morning class, I’m Steven, your history teacher.

Tiffany (whispers to Yuri): Can I start sleeping now?

Yuri: Shh,,

Another boy entered.

Yuri: Tiff, that’s Ki Bum right?

Steven: Mr. Kim, our late, it’s the first day of school.

Ki Bum: Mian

Steven: then, can you please distribute the textbooks for us?

Ki Bum grabs the basket.

Ki Bum: seriously?

He distributed it. The book landed on Tiffany’s palm.

Tiffany: it’s like a piece of bubble gum.

Yuri: a matchbox?

So You: this is hilarious.

Steven walks and taps each of their “textbook” with the tip of his wand. The book became big, thick and heavy and it made Tiffany’s hands hit her desk hardly. She slides her hands from under the book and holds it with the other one.

Tiffany: ok. That was amazing but harmful.

So You: so this book is for History ONLY?

Steven: it’s not just the history of Witchwood but the history of the other Kingdoms

Bora: so you mean all the students in the university belt are studying our history too?

Steven: yes, we’ll also study spells, potions and other witchcrafts. Let me introduce to you, Franchescka, from the Fallen Kingdom, she’ll be teaching with me.

Franchescka: Hi

Steven ok, so does anyone know the history of the 5 Kingdoms?

Tiffany was asleep, her head drop and she woke up.

Steven: Ms. Hwang I see that you’re so interested at our topic. I bet you can contribute.

Tiffany: all I know is that uhmmm the people was living together. No war between them.

Franchescka: That’s right. The war starts because of the unleashed secret.

Steven: there was a secret guild that time, it is called the –

Tiffany’s head drop, sleeping again.

Franchescka: second warning Ms. Hwang, in the third one I believe you’ll need to sleep in detention.

Tiffany: yes ma’am, I mean Miss.

Steven: the secret guild is called, The Secret Circle of BALZ.

Hyolyn: where does the word BALZ came from. Exotic.

Franchescka: B – Blood for Vampires, A – Al Jabbaro for Witches, L – Lycan for Werewolves and Z – Zhsgelym for Fallen.

Yuri: so you mean, each Kingdoms had representatives?

Steven: Except the Pixies.

Franchescka: open your book on page 1

Steven: From the Vampires, Polly Givens, the first Day-Walker. She’s the ancestor of Heechul and Jessica.

Franchescka: Kate Lockwood, half witch, half vampire, she’s the one who opens the portal to the human world.

Steven: Werewolves. Jhiemhae Lightwood. Contribute the wolves’ anecdote.

Dasom: Let me guess, it prevents the wolves to transform every time.

Franchescka: right, because of this anecdote, they can transform in the time they like.

Steven: form the Witches, Zhean Briel. Invented the witchwand and the most of the potion. Sheena Grigori, for the spells and the tarot card. And Aeri Kate, broomstick and Voodoo dolls.

Tiffany: Voodoo doll? Aeri Kate is a black witch?

Steven: yup, your ancestor.

Tiffany: I-I-I’m a b-b-black witch?

Steven: Suppose to be.

Franchescka: from the Fallen, Lorenz Zhsgelym, the first angel that fell. Erica Wayland was the first Nephilim. In that time the Secret Circle is hiding her because she’ll be executed for being a Neph.

Bora: that Lorenz Zhsgelym, I saw his picture once, and his cute.

Steven: perhaps because he’s the ancestors of the cupids.

Franchescka: After someone tells about the Secret Circle, they gain publicity. Erica Wayland was executed and they made the others as the leaders of their kingdom.

Tiffany: why they keep their group as a secret, they’re not doing anything bad.

Steven: all they wanted is to invent useful instruments. But when the people knew about them, they demanded them to invent everything they want.

Franchescka: because they didn’t know who spread the news about their group, they blame each other and decided to divide the kingdom into 5. Their fight became Kingdom’s fight, until now.

Steven: Lorenz Zhsgelym, as Wayland’s bestfriend, ordered the whole kingdom of Fallen to execute only the Nephilim who are not on their side.

Tiffany: what about an offspring of a Nephilim or grandchild.

Franchescka: as long as he/she had a connection at a Neph, will be executed.

<3---<3---<3

Plumes Academy, Stardale Glen

Sooyoung: History is very interesting.

Yoona: Hey!

Donghae: You’re the Neph, right?

Yoona: Yup, Nephilim me.

Sooyoung unfurled his wings and fly away.

Sooyoung: Race to Eternal Café

Yoona: Yah! Your cheating!

The others follows him.

<3---<3---<3

The Eternal Café, Stardale Glen

While drinking the witch brew, a face appeared on Yuri’s cup.

Yuri: Omona! Eomma, you have no manners.

Mrs. Kwon: Mian, go home early; the Elders will announce the Adepts and the Royals tonight. Inform Ki Bum too.

Yuri: ne

The face disappeared.

Yuri: you heard that?

They stood up, Ki Bum in front and Yuri and Tiffany at the both sides at his back.

They were already near the door when the left wing of the door opened. The Fallen. Donghae entered with Yoona, Henry and Sooyoung. At the middle of the café, the two groups met, Donghae’s shoulder touch Ki Bum’s that made him took one step backward. They still continue on walking, Ki Bum shook off his shoulders with his hands, trying to insult Donghae but Donghae just give him a smirk. The tension between the two boys ended when Ki Bum reaches the door and when Donghae reach the seats.

Ki Bum: aigoo, what’s the problem of that Fallen?

Yuri: he’s annoying.

Tiffany: nugu?

Ki Bum: The Fallen that we just met.

Tiffany: I didn’t notice.

Yuri: you’re staring at your toenails at the whole time how could you notice.

Ki Bum handed their broomstick and fly away.