Chapter 26: You and I

Forbidden Affection

 

The next morning, Donghae was heading to the Elders to ask the “torture” thing that Tiffany was talking about. He stopped as he saw the army with some officers heading towards him.

Officer:  Follow me.

Donghae followed the officer and they headed to the room he didn’t know and didn’t even know that their Kingdom has that kind of room; the room was quite big, there was a glass separating them from another room, the side that they’re staying was much “in-class” than the side that was separated from them. The other side had a dim light, chains, and some barrels that Donghae don’t know what for.

“Why are we here?” Donghae asked. The officer just pointed at the other side. He turned his head and saw Tiffany with the armed men enter the other side.

“Interrogation” The officer with Donghae said.

They tied Tiffany is standing with her hands tied at the chain above her head.

“Interrogation?” Donghae asked

“Somebody must help her to escape that night. We had a suspicion that it is a Fallen, that’s why we need to know”

The armed fallen look at the officer, he gave a signal than they start to question Tiffany.

“Who help you to escape?”

She didn’t answer. The armed Fallen start a fire.

“No, don’t use fire” Donghae exclaimed.

The Fallen nodded and put the fire off.

They asked many times but Tiffany didn’t answer even one. The Fallen got out of his temper and slap her hardly. Donghae tried to go to them but the officer stops him.

“Let them do their job”

“Do you have a relationship with a Fallen? Who’s it?” The Fallen ask again.

Tiffany glances at Donghae. Donghae expected her to spill up but she didn’t, she shook her head, “No, I don’t have” She confidently said.

“You’re too strong” The Fallen said.

The other Fallen pulled her hair, making her face the ceiling; they put a towel covering and nose then they pour water continuously until she totally lose oxygen and almost die. They stop pouring the water. She cough continuously and catching her breath.

“I said I don’t have” Tiffany did almost shout.

A fallen slapped her two times. He pulled the thread out of her stitched wound and she cried as the blood from her unhealed wound reaches her toes.

“Spill up!” The Fallen shouted at her. She looked directly at Donghae with tears flowing out of her eyes.

“Say it” Donghae mouthed at her. “Please, tell the truth”

“I don’t have any connection” Tiffany said without taking off her eyes from him. The Fallen aimed to slap her once more.

“Stop!” Donghae exclaimed.

“Any problem?” The officer ask.

“You’re wasting your time here, let me do the interrogation all by myself” Donghae said, hiding his eagerness for them to leave Tiffany alone behind the confidence of his voice.

“Sure”

“Do you mind interrogating her in my place?” Donghae ask

“As you wish, Adept”

“And, please inform Fei to come here when you met her”

The Officer, together with the army left them. Donghae rushed to the other side of the room and quickly untied her hands, she was half unconscious. She fell onto his arms and still catching her breath. Fei came.

“I knew it, there’s something between you two” Fei exclaimed.

“I’ll explain later. For now, guide us to my room.”

Donghae carried Tiffany.

“Make sure that no one sees me carrying her” Donghae commanded.

They went out of the room and headed to Donghae’s room. He laid her to his bed. Blood gave a strong color to the white beddings. Fei started to clean her wounds.

“So, you’re a sort of~” Fei said but interrupted

“Yes we are” Donghae said as he open his closet and search for something

“How? I mean, it’s very difficult to have a relationship with a Witch, isn’t it?”

“I just met her and fell into her. Killing her is the thing that I can’t do”

“But you had no choice.”

“I had”

“What is it?”

“It is to betray this Kingdom” He said as he toss some of his clothes to Fei. “Change her clothes. I’ll just go out and get some food.” He continued.

Donghae went out of his room.

“yah!” Jia said as she walks beside Donghae.

“What do you want now?”

“I just want to talk to you…any suggestions?”

“Suggestion for what?”

“For the wedding, I’m the only one who’s planning”

“I’ll help sometimes. but for now, please excuse me because I have other plans”

“Okay” Jia said as Donghae grabs a tray and left her.

Donghae went back to his room. Tiffany was already awake.

“I’ll go” Fei said.

“Thank you” Donghae said

“Yah, I’ll go with you” Tiffany said

“It’s better when you’re with him” Fei said and walk away

“Gwenchana?” Donghae ask.

 “Ne”

“Why you just didn’t tell them that~”

“Because I don’t want any immortal to get involve. If I told them about us, Sooyoung and Yoona will be involved too”

“That’s why you just let them hurt you like that?”

“You let them caught me, I’ll just take the consequence.”

“You can just curse us all. You’re a black witch right?”

“Even thought my ancestor is a black witch, it doesn’t mean that I’m like her”

“Just don’t let them hurt you”

“You don’t care”

“I care”

“No you didn’t! Not even once!”

“I care about you, because I love you! Don’t you understand? What happened last time was I just got blind because of my father’s death.”

“Stop fooling around, I’ll never believe in you.”

“I’m so stupid, sorry”

“No, you’re a good Adept, you said that, right?”

Donghae was speechless, he didn’t think that Tiffany heard him say that when he shoot her.

“Now can you please bring me back to the dungeon?”

“Just stay with me for hours, jebal?”

“Don’t cry, I didn’t deserved your tears” Tiffany said as tears formed from his eyes. “But please don’t let other Nephilim suffer like me and Fei.”