Chapter 18: Betrayal

Forbidden Affection

 

At the Eternal café, Tiffany, Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung and Sunny gather for lunch.

Yoona: Tiffany-sshi. There’s rumor in our class that Jia likes Donghae.

Tiffany: Jia? I didn’t know her.

Sooyoung slightly point to the girl with orange hair sitting across them together with 3 other girls.

Sooyoung: She’s Jia, Donghae’s childhood friend. I mean, OUR childhood friend.

Tiffany: You sounded like there’s a conflict between you.

Yoona: She’s used to be our bestfriend but she changed and used to hang out with the popular girls now.

Tiffany: About the rumor, maybe it’s not true; maybe they’re just close so that others think that she had some serious feelings about Donghae.

Sooyoung: the rumor just started when she intentionally kiss Donghae at his lips.

Yoona: She’s Donghae’s first kiss you know.

Tiffany look so surprise

Tiffany: Can I know when did it happen?

Yoona: Omo, you didn’t know?

Sooyoung: Mianhae, jeongmal mianhae.

Tiffany: there’s nothing to feel sorry about. Just tell me when did it happen?

Yoona: About a week ago.

Yuri: a week?

Sunny: wait, did he tell anything about this huh?

Tiffany shook her head.

Yuri: Tiffany didn’t have a chance to see Donghae in this week.

Tiffany: Gwenchana, maybe he’s just busy

Sooyoung: you’re so confident.

Tiffany: I trust him.

Yoona: Don’t worry, we’ll never let Jia go near him and we’ll never let Donghae to cheat on you.

Tiffany gave them a weak smile and said.

Tiffany: He’ll never do that.

 

Tiffany was quiet all day. She ignored the “Kissing” rumor and always waiting for Donghae to tell her about the incidents, but he said none. The kiss repeated, not just once but twice. Tiffany became affected by the third one. Yuri gave her an advice and she did what she says.

Yuri: That spell will just let you know the truth; it’s not a black magic.

It’s late at night but Tiffany wet out with her cloak and list.

“I’ll just find the rose and gardenia” She said to herself while walking.”We already had dragon’s blood at home, I think”

After few minutes she came back home and start the spell.

She made a pentagram on the floor using the rose, gardenia and the dragon’s blood and sit at its center. She grabs the small seashell and write Donghae’s name on it. She lit the red candle and let the wax drop into the seashell, while letting the wax drop, she tells the question she wants to ask.

“Did he really kiss Jia thrice?” she said

While the wax is still wet she puts some thyme, covered the shell and ties it with a red string and she chanted.

“Purification I do conjure
so that thoughts be spoke,
No be pondered

Passion so red
Set to the fire
Let the truth be said
as is my desire

Mists of thyme
Fire of red
send the truth on me”

After that, she unties the string and opens the shell. The wax formed the word “yes” inside the shell that she was holding.

At the next morning, Tiffany woke up late and she missed the first four period of her class, it was already lunch time when she came and spotted Yuri and Sunny in front of the Witchburn University.

Yuri: I didn’t woke you up, sorry for that

Tiffany: Gwenchana, what’s the news?

Sunny: nothing important.

Yuri: So how’s the spell?

Tiffany: It worked out.

Sunny: And?

Tiffany: The rumor, I mean rumors are all true.

Sungmin approach them.

Yuri: hey, you’re not allowed to have PDA here.

Sungmin: PDA?

Tiffany: Public Display of Affection.

Sungmin: I’m not talking to her.

Sunny rolled her eyes.

Sungmin: 3 hours left before dismissal, wait for that. I just want to give this to Tiffany.

Tiffany: What’s this?

Sungmin: Letter from our elders.

Tiffany read the letter.

Yuri: It can’t be.

Sunny: Waeyo?

Sungmin: Wolves and witches are planning to build an alliance. They want Tiffany, an adept and Eunhyuk, our Adept to get married. Sorry Tiff, I don’t know about this thing.

Tiffany: please tell them that I don’t want to.

Sungmin: Okay.

Yuri: Tiffany-sshi.

They all look at her when they heard her nervous voice. Yuri slowly raise her finger and point on something, they all turn their head to see what that is.

Tiffany’s POV

We all look at what was Yuri pointing.

It was Donghae, walking with Jia, following from behind.

Donghae saw me and I think he was heading towards us. But no, it’s not usual to see a Fallen at Witchburn, he can’t b here. Jia pulled his hand and when he turned to her, Jia’s lips was already landed on his. They were the center of attention! They’re at the center of the quadrangle, Jia’s hands wrap around his neck. I believe it’s been a minute passed, but he didn’t even push Jia away from him, he like it, a lot. I was just here, standing, watching them even though it’s too hard for me, even though I want to shout that Lee Donghae was my boyfriend. I want to leave this place but I think my feet are betraying me. Yuri patted my back slowly and in that time I notice that tears are starting to form in my eyes. Sunny held my hands tight and whisper “Be strong” softly into my ears. I saw Yoona and Sooyoung, who said that they will not let Jia go near him, they just froze there, watching them and looking at my pitiful face. Sungmin will go to them but I just stop him to avoid too much buzz about this happening, at last the bell rang, that time, Jia releases Donghae and left him alone. I stare at him for the whole time he was there until Yuri said that we should be at our class now. He saw me, with my watery eyes. But before we could go I call Sungmin.

Me: Tell your elders that… that I’ll think about their request.

Sunny and Sungmin wants to protest but they realize that it’s not the good time for that. Donghae walks towards me but Sunny stop him.

Sunny: not now.

Sungmin gave the letter that I just read, about me marrying Eunhyuk.

Sungmin: She’ll not accept it but when she saw what happen, she said that she will think about this.

They left him, I turned around and walk slowly to my room. I can still feel that he’s looking at me until I close the door behind.

He likes Jia too, I can feel it. I hate this feeling, it’s like you had a big stone on your chest that causes you to cry like a baby. It hurts me a lot reminiscing what just happen a while ago; he did not even push Jia and just waited for the bell. I can’t blame him, Jia’s perfect, got perfect looks and perfect curves, when they got into a relationship, they don’t need to hide like what we often did. Should I give up? Of course yes! I don’t have any confidence now.

I think I’m not in the mood to be in my class now. I open the door and he’s still there, sitting at the staircase. I just walk and didn’t mind that he’s there. He grabs my hands.

“We’re in the campus” I said softly and pull my hands away.

“I didn’t~”

“I don’t need your explanation, I was with you in more than 3 hours a day and you didn’t even tell me about the kissing thing”

“How do you know?”

“I’m a witch; I can find the truth behind the rumors spreading. And you should regret that”

“Regret what?”

“Regret on having a relationship with a witch” I turn around and headed on my way when I felt his hands on my waist, he’s already hugging me from the back

“Donghae I’ve been waiting you to open up about this topic and yet you don’t. I already tolerate the first three kiss you shared with each other, but at the fourth time…” I gently shook my head with disappointment. “I’m torturing myself” I continue

“Mianhae, I didn’t mean to. I didn’t open up because it’s not a big deal”

“Not a big deal? What can you feel I you see me kissing with another man, it’s not a big deal?”

“I didn’t want the kiss and even Jia”

I shook of his hands and face him

“It last for several minutes and you’re telling me you don’t like it? If you don’t like it you should push her or do anything to make her stop but instead you just let her to do what she wants.”

“If you like her I don’t care, just tell me the truth” I continued

He was speechless. I grab my bag, which fell off when her hugs me and walk away from him.

“Is that the reason why you’ll marry that Eunhyuk?” he ask

“I didn’t answer on their proposal yet”

“YOU’RE JUST USING THE RUMORS TO MESS UP WITH ME, LEAVE ME AND MARRY THAT WOLF!”

“No one dares to raise voice at me” I said silently. What just he do? Did he actually raise his voice?

I left him. This will not work out. I need some space to think if I’ll stay with him, or break up.

 

 

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!