WOOYOUNG's POV

Dream Catcher

 

                It’s already noon and I feel stronger. I get up slowly but my back is still in pain. I didn’t mind the pain because I need to look for IU. Quickly, I changed my clothes, wore my coat and went downstairs. I saw noona cooking food for lunch in the kitchen so I walked towards outside without making noise.

                “Sorry, noona,” I whispered when I’m already outside the house.

                I ran to the taxi  which is waiting for a passenger to come.

                “Police department, sir,” I said to the driver and paid him.

                We’re there after fifteen minutes. I came down and before I close the door, the driver thanked me and drove away. I looked at the two-storey building and a big logo of the police department was attached on the top of the building. Policemen and women were everywhere and the cabs are parked beside the building. I feel nervous because in this place every move I make is being watched.

                Anyway, I don’t have any bad intentions to do in this place so I went inside without hesitations. The place was clean and peaceful but there were crowd in the corner who were causing commotion inside like they they’re fighting to each other.  I saw policemen there and trying to stop the noisy people.

                “You murdered my husband!!”

                “He’s my husband! You’re just a !!”

                “You shut your mouth, !”

                There was noise again and the main characters of the war scene tried to kill each other. I didn’t care for them and went straight to a policewoman standing on the corner and waiting for me.

                “Good day, young man. What can we do for you?” she greeted happily.

                I smiled nervously, “Actually, I came here to ask for your help.”

                “That’s our job sir that’s why I asked you what we could do for you,” she said.

                I moved closer to her, “a friend of mine is missing,” she just nodded. “Please help me find her.”

                The lady took a sheet of paper from the counter and asked me, “Is your friend a girl or a boy?”

                “She’s a girl, eighteen years old and her name is IU,” I answered politely. The lady wrote down the information I said and she asked me the full name of IU. I paused and thought for a while. It’s hard to answer her question so I thought of lying to the policewoman, “She’s orphaned and she doesn’t have any idea about her personal background so…” okay, I ran out of words because I don’t know what to say next but thankfully, the woman believed in my lie and understood what I want to say. Sorry about that IU, I know you have a family.

                “Can you describe her face so that I can sketch it?” she asked after writing so many things on the paper.

                “Yeah, sure,”

                I closed my eyes while describing IU’s pretty face even if I look stupid in front of a serious woman because it’s the only way I can see IU’s face clearly. Deep inside me, I miss IU so much and I pray to see her again before this week ends. I know she’s searching for me too.

                “IU, please wait for me. I am coming to you.” I thought and opened my eyes. The policewoman showed her drawing of IU’s face to me and I was so happy because they’re exactly alike. I told the woman to make thousand copies of that sketch and paste those papers on the walls all over the South Korea. I gave my contact numbers to the woman and she wrote it on the paper. I thanked the woman and I went outside.

                I’m getting excited now because I found hope in my problem.

                “Wait for me, IU.” I said and started to walk.

 

END OF CHAPTER 9

At last, Wooyoung is going to see IU again! Exciting, isn't it?

Kamsa Hamnida readers and subscibers. Thank you also for writing a comment. God bless you! :)