NICHKHUN's POV

Dream Catcher

 

                I attended the music class with IU. I didn’t see Wooyoung inside so we went inside confidently. The students who are practicing their dance stopped and looked at IU. Their faces were all stunned like they saw a super star visiting their class especially the guys who were sitting on the bench. The girls who were singing with the piano also stopped and looked at IU. Everyone and everything turned quiet when we came and saw the beautiful IU.

                “She was the lady I saw a while ago at the school ground!” Taecyeon, my classmate and the best dancer and rapper in our class, shouted in the middle of silence and pointed IU.

                Everyone looked at him.

                “Wow, you’re so lucky to see her for the second time,” Jae, who was sitting beside Taecyeon, said.

                “So pretty!” the other guys exclaimed.

                The guys stood up and came to IU. They took pictures of IU and some of them put their arms around IU’s shoulders without asking my permission, so I took her hand and they got surprised.

                “Is she your girl friend?” Taecyeon asked and put down his phone.

                “She’s my friend,” I answered.

                They all laughed and even the girls smiled for a bit. I was embarrassed, “You’re just her friend so why don’t you let us take some pictures of your friend, do you think she’s yours?” Taecyeon’s voice was insulting. He feels like he’s the boss here because Wooyoung’s not around. In fact, Taecyeon is like a servant to Wooyoung so he’s taking this opportunity to bully others. They have the same attitude; boastful and bad.

                “Nichkhun is my friend and protector,” IU said to Taecyeon. “He doesn’t want me to be in danger that’s why he took my hand. I don’t know you all but I know him because I live in his house.”

                They were very shocked when they found out that IU is living with me in the same house. I was also surprised because I wasn’t expecting that she would reveal the ‘living together in the same house’ thing. I saw Taecyeon stepped back at looked at me with big eyes.

                “She’s—she’s… living in your house?” he stuttered.

                I just nodded and smiled to them. The girls started gossiping and there was noise in the whole room.

                “Because we’re friends,” IU answered. “If you want to be my friend, teach me how to sing and dance.”

                Everyone looked at each other and then looked at Taecyeon. He was thinking deeply while looking at IU’s hands. It was a great idea of IU that’s why I smiled to her. I won’t be tired of teaching her many things and I really need co-teachers to mold her perfectly.

                “Okay,” Taecyeon nodded and I saw IU smiled. “The girls will teach you to compose and sing and play the piano, while the guys will train you how to dance.”

                “And rap,” Jae joked and the guys laughed. IU also laughed even though she doesn’t have any idea about rapping. But it looks and sounds funny if I heard IU rap.

                We both looked at each other and I gave her two-thumbs up. She jumped because of joy and told everyone to start the practice like she is the head of music class. I tried to thank Taecyeon but his eyes were avoiding me so I just smiled and followed IU. I felt half-worried and afraid because of Wooyoung. I know he would start a fight with me again and take IU away from me and put me in embarrassment when he attended class tomorrow. 

 

END OF CHAPTER 20