WOOYOUNG's POV

Dream Catcher

 

                I don’t find Namsan beautiful and lively without IU. I really thought I was going to be happy for a bit when I came here, but sadness keeps on embracing me.

                “Wooyoung?” noona shook me. “Are you alright?”

                I found myself staring at the Namsan Tower, “Yes, I’m alright.”

                “Let’s buy ice cream first and ride on that cable car later,” she pointed the ice cream stand surrounded by teenagers. I saw near to it were benches full of young couples and friends. I really wish that IU would be with me here, eating ice creams together and taking pictures every second she smiles. I miss her so, so much.

                There were many buyers so I left noona there and sat on an empty bench while waiting for her.

                The view was nice because there were smiles, laughter, hugs and love, but for my eyes it wasn’t and I know it’s because of IU again. I’m still thinking why we were separated after we went out from my dream. She’s supposed to be on my side when I woke up. I think her ugly mother knows what would happen to us and she ended it up like this. Well, she didn’t know that our story is not yet done because I can feel that time is helping me to come closer to IU.

                “Here you go, problematic man,” noona joked and gave me the cookies & cream flavored ice cream, my favorite flavor.

                I chuckled and thanked her. I started to eat my ice cream and noona sat beside me.       

                Later while I’m finishing my ice cream, I saw from afar a lady wearing dirty long white dress like a beggar, but when I looked at her face, I dropped my ice cream and stood up.

                “IU,”

                Without hesitations, I hurriedly ran towards my lost girl. I bumped on many bodies that blocked my way and I heard from behind their shouts and complains. I didn’t care because I can apologize to them later but this time, I cannot leave and took my eyes off of IU because she’s more important. I can now feel the excitement running inside my body and heart.

                “IU!” I hope my voice was heard in the whole world because I want everybody know how extremely happy I am when I saw IU’s face. I hugged her tightly and I felt my tears came down from my eyes, “IU, thank goodness.”

                “Excuse me, sir?” a man’s voice behind me asked.

                Before I faced the guy, I saw hundreds of people around and staring at us. I took IU’s hands and smiled at her, and then I answered…

                “Nichkhun?”

 

                Nichkhun is my classmate since freshmen but we’re not close or friends because he told me before that I wasn’t a good person so I got mad at him too. He’s really annoying because he’s also a medal and trophy collector in our school like me. To make it short and simple, Nichkhun is my rival.

                “Wooyoung, you know this girl?” he asked.

                “Of course. She’s IU, my girlfriend.” I answered proudly.

                “Oh,” Nichkhun’s face was sad after hearing my words.

                I didn’t mind him and faced IU again, “IU! I missed you so much. Thank God I found you.” I hugged her and laughed. I wonder what her mother’s reaction was when she saw me hugging her daughter. This is the happiest ending for me, but I was half-surprised because there was no answer from IU like she’s not happy to see me. I looked at her eyes and she’s just looking at me.

                “Oh no, IU. What happened?” my feelings were starting to hurt. Don’t tell me that IU has amnesia and forget our past, because if that’s true I’m going to kill myself. “IU, it’s me your Wooyoung. Remember our conversation inside my dream? You’re a dream catcher.”

                 Surprisingly, IU pushed me away and she touched her forehead like she’s having a migraine. I tried to help her but she pushed me again, “Go away! I don’t know you!”

                Ouch. This is more than ‘ouch’ and ‘hurt’. IU wants me to go away after telling me that she loves me? Those words gave me abrasion and ache! Am I having a nightmare?

                “IU,” my voice was in pain and I came closer to her slowly but she keeps on avoiding me which turned my tears of joy into pain.

                “Go away please! Go away!” she hit me and ran to Nichkhun. I fell on my knees when she went to Nichkhun instead of me. “Your words gave me pain! Go away!” she touched her head again and she’s crying because of headache.

                “IU!” I cried and ran to her but Nichkhun blocked my way. “Get out of my sight before I cut your head off.” the crowd went aghast because of my bad words and some took pictures of us which made my whole body irritated.

                I was going to punch Nichkhun’s face when I heard noona’s voice, “Wooyoung!” she took me away from Nichkhun and slapped my face. I was totally embarrassed when she did that. “Stop it, okay? You’re putting yourself into danger! You’re so silly!”

                “Noona!” I shouted at her. “I just saw IU! Please let me get her from that smelly guy! Don’t involve yourself into this situation.” I looked away from noona and I saw that Nichkhun and IU were not in the crowd anymore. I looked everywhere but there’s no image of them. I cried IU’s name when I found out that I lost her again.

                “IU…what have you done?” I said and lay down on the ground. The people were starting to walk away as time goes by and mind their own businesses. I just cried there in the middle and pity myself because my whole world crashed when IU left me and took another man’s hand.

                “IU…” I cried.

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 13

Poor Wooyoung but he should not lose his hope because he can take back the lost memory of IU... 

Well, well, well... Is my story still good? I hope you liked it. Thanks for supporting my story and sorry for the wrong grammar. God bless! :)