WOOYOUNG's POV

Dream Catcher

 

                My nightmare started like this:

                I was back at IU’s world which I called the white place because everywhere is white except for the huge wooden door and I found myself alone. I had no idea what I’m doing here but when I felt the cold breeze, I was expecting for the arrival of IU’s ugly mother. The floor shook violently and I fell down. I wasn’t scared anymore because at this time, I want to see that witch’s face. I waited until the ground calmed and the door opened widely. I saw IU’s mother and her appearance didn’t change. I stood up and faced her.

                “An unexpected visitor,” her soft voice was obviously sarcastic and really annoying.

                “But I am expecting for you,” I said.

                “How romantic of you!” she smiled but there’s evilness in her eyes.

                “You’re disgusting,” I answered.

                Her face turned serious and walked to me. I didn’t look away from her scary eyes and waited for her to stop in front of me, “I’m just disturbing your sleep to tell you that my daughter will never find her lost memories.”

                I felt a great wrath inside me when she said that. I was right, IU’s mother did something bad in our relationship and that is to erase the memory of IU.

                “You are so bad,” my voice was shaking because of anger and I closed my hands, showing her my fist.

                “No I’m not. I’m just doing my job as IU’s mother. I want her to be safe,” she answered and smiled again.

                “Safe?!...in Nichkhun’s hands?”

                “Yes. Is there a problem?”

                “I thought you don’t like humans, witch?”

                “You’re starting to annoy me, Jang Wooyoung. I don’t consider Nichkhun as a human. He’s an angel.”

                “What?” who is she to say that Nichkhun is an angel? That guy stole IU from me. “You don’t know Nichkhun-“

                “Yes I know him and he’s not like you!” her voice was monstrous again and it echoed in the whole place. “That’s the reason why I let him see IU near their house. Nichkhun is a very good angel and I’m sure that he is the right man for my daughter.”

                “Liar.”

                The witch laughed like a crazy woman, “Let’s see, Jang Wooyoung. Remember that IU is not yet a human but when she fell in love with Nichkhun, I will turn her into a real and full human. I will forgive you, humans, when that happened but expect that IU’s lost memory will never return to her and forget you completely.”

                “I won’t let that happen, witch,” I was going to punch her face but she slapped my face first and I woke up from that nightmare.

                My head ached and when I looked around, I found myself inside a hospital together with other patients lying on their beds. I saw noona sleeping while sitting on a chair beside my bed and she’s holding my hand. I remembered that I collapsed last night because I tortured my own body that’s why I’m here and my whole body was heavy again and I cannot move my head. I breathed deeply and closed my eyes.

                “I wanna die,” I thought and let my depressed mind rest.

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 17