WOOYOUNG's POV

Dream Catcher

 

                I got home safely but I gave noona a headache because she was so worried when she found out that I wasn’t inside my room and thought I was kidnapped by some uneducated people. I just told her that I went outside to breathe a fresh and relaxing air.

                “Sorry noona,” I apologized and smiled.

                She massaged her forehead and sighed, “Alright, alright. Just never do that again to me, Wooyoung.”

                I nodded and went straight to the kitchen to grab a snack but I paused when I saw the prepared lunch on the table so I closed the fridge and sat on the dining area.

                Noona joined me, “Are you feeling well now?”

                “Yes, thanks.”

                She rubbed my hair and smiled.

                I’m so thankful for my noona because she loves and cares for me so much even if I have this kind of bad attitude. She has the same heart as IU; very loving and caring, but the beauty of IU is incomparable and I’m so happy and lucky for having her love. Unfortunately, she’s not here with me right now.

                “Noona,” I said while looking at my food. “I feel so heavy and sad today because of one lady.”

                “Wooyoung?” her reaction was surprised because she’s thinking I have a secret girlfriend in our school.

                “No Noona,” I tried to change what’s on her mind. “I dreamt of a goddess-like lady last night and she’s very, very beautiful and lovely,” noona’s face was serious like she’s willing to listen to my story. “She told me she’s a dream catcher and her job is to change people with bad manners into good people,” I moved closer to her. “Believe me, noona, I changed and that lady changed me. And…” I paused. Will noona believe me if I tell her that I’m in love with IU?

                “You know, your dream changed you because you’re getting weird,” she joked and laughed.

                I just smiled, “I fall in love with IU, the lady in my dream.”

                There was silence and I wonder what noona is thinking right now because she’s just looking at her food, but after few seconds she raised her eyebrows and looked at me again.

                “That was such a unique love story but with a worse ending, isn’t it?”

                “No noona,” I disagreed with a low voice. “Our story is not yet done.”

                “Wooyoung,” her face was surprised. “That is just a dream and maybe that’s the reason why you got sick.”

                “Yes it was a dream,” I nodded. “But IU is not part of that dream anymore.”

                “What are you talking about?”

                “I woke up with IU, noona.”

                She looked around the house, “Where is she?”

                There was hope and excitement that came inside my body, “She’s outside, discovering our big and adventurous world.”

                Noona giggled and just nodded, “Alright dream boy, make sure that that lady will introduce herself to me and mother.” I don’t know if she believed me or thinking that I was just joking, “You’re so fictional, Wooyoung.” She rubbed my hair again and stood up, “Do you want some ice cream?”

                Oh great, ice cream is my favorite dessert, “Sure noona.”

                “Then walk with me because we’re going to Namsan Park today.”

                We both put on our sweaters and coats because it’s cold outside. I thanked noona for giving me strength and happiness in spite of IU’s absence. I hope she’s also happy and enjoying her hours in this world even if I’m not with her side.

                “Don’t worry IU, I will not stop searching for you,” I thought.

                Excitedly, we went outside and started to walk with the snowflakes falling from the sky.

 

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 11