NICHKHUN's POV

Dream Catcher

 

            We’re riding a taxi heading to airport. Bianca, who is sitting beside me, was still sobbing since last night because she’s expecting for IU to come back yesterday but unfortunately, IU didin’t. I am also sad because I wasn’t able to teach IU how to bake cookies and I didn’t have the chance to tell her that I love her. I told to myself not to cry and just accept that I am not the right guy for IU. Canada is the right choice to choose.

            I sighed and looked outside the window. The taxi stopped because of traffic. Beside our cab also stopped a luxurious black car and when I saw its passenger, I was greatly surprised to what I saw.

            “IU?”

            She noticed me when I rolled down the window and she was surprised too.

            I opened the door and IU did the same thing. We both came out and looked at each other. I was the first who smiled at her and she moved closer to me.

            “IU,” I said and touched her soft cheeks. “You came.”

            She nodded and there were tears on her eyes, “Of course I will come to you. You’re my best friend, Nichkhun.”

            I nodded and accept that I am just a friend to her, “I love you, IU. I love you so much.”

            “Me too, Nichkhun.”

            We embraced each other and I heard the horns of the vehicles and the yells of the drivers, but we didn’t mind them.

            “Oppa! Angel!” I heard Bianca’s happy voice.

            “Hey! Do that beside the road not here. Come on!” Suzy shouted from inside her car and the vehicles started to move fast, avoiding the two of us.

            “Come,” I took IU’s hand and we walked to the corner of a street where the taxi and the luxurious car are parked. Bianca ran to us and gave IU a big hug. Suzy smiled at me and I smiled at her too. Bianca gave the paper bag to IU and wiped off her tears.

            “My red high-heeled shoes are also there. It looks better if you’re the one who’s wearing those shoes,” Bianca said.

            IU ruffled Bianca’s hair and smiled, “Thank you so much Bianca. I’m so sorry because I wasn’t able to keep my promise to you that I would buy you pretty dresses.”

            Bianca nodded, “It’s alright, Angel. I know we will see each other again.”

            “And you should call me IU when we met again,” IU said and the two of them laughed. She looked at me and smiled. “Thank you for taking good care of me. I learned so many things from you, chef,” she joked and hugged me again.

            “That’s my job. I promised to myself to give you happiness always,” I said and IU’s face was surprised like she forgot something.

            “Oh, I also have a promise to you,”

            Before I could ask about her promise, she gave me a sweet kiss on my lips and I was surprised. I know Bianca’s face behind us was unpleasant, but it’s alright because she knows that I’m enjoying this moment. This was my very first kiss and I’m so lucky because it was IU who first kissed me. Fortunately, Wooyoung was not here.

            “That was my best smile, Nichkhun. Thanks for everything,” IU said after the kiss.

            “Wow,” I answered and smiled. I thought I saw her best smile yesterday, but I was wrong and she showed it to me today. I am not expecting for that kind of smile.

            “Kids, we need to go now! Hurry up!” I heard uncle called us from the taxi which made me sad. IU stepped back from me and looked at Bianca.

            “Goodbye Bianca.”

            Bianca hugged her again and cried, “I’m going to miss you so much.”

            “Me too.”

            “Don’t drink shampoos, okay?” she joked and we all laughed.

            “Yes, I won’t do that,” IU answered and kissed Bianca on her forehead. Bianca walked inside the taxi and waited for me.

            “Bye, Nichkhun. The whole Kirin will going to miss you and your essays,” Suzy waved her hand to me and went inside the car. I smiled and looked at IU.

            “I don’t want to say goodbye to you because I know we’re going to see each other again someday,” I told her.

            “Someday,” she repeated and nodded. “Have a safe trip.”

            “Thanks,” I kissed her cheek and smiled.

            I opened the door of Suzy’s car for IU and she came inside. I waved a hand to them and closed the door. I watched their car drove away.

            “Have a safe and happy life, my best friend,” I whispered and went inside the taxi, ready to see Canada and my family. 

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 31