NICHKHUN's POV

Dream Catcher

 

 

                Riding a bus with IU was fun even if a lot of people were looking at us because of IU’s childish moves. She looks like a new creature came from different planet because she was so amazed by the places, the lake and even the different cars she saw while the bus was moving. She never sat on a chair because she’s enjoying the views which are very usual for all of us. I saw Bianca covering her face because of embarrassment and I just smiled at her and guided the doll-like IU.

                Later, we’re already in front of the bus-stop near our school. I told IU that we’re here so she followed me and went down from the bus with other passengers still looking at her.

                “Thank you for that wonderful ride, Mr. Driver and have a safe trip!” IU waved her hand to the bus driver and the driver was surprised and thanked IU too. I smiled and took IU’s hand and we started to walk.

                “I wasn’t expecting that Angel is weird,” Bianca said while observing IU beside me.

                “It’s okay. It makes me smile and laugh,” I answered.

                IU didn’t let go of my hand until we reached the Kirin campus. She took off her high-heeled shoes because she said that she’s not comfortable with it and gave the shoes to me and walked barefooted.

                “IU,” I was worried for her clean and woundless feet.

                She looked and smiled at me, “Don’t worry Nichkhun, the ground is friendly.” She ran towards the campus like a princess running and observing her huge garden. Her dress was swaying with her and the way she flipped her hair melts my heart. Everyone was looking at her and they all stopped on their businesses to look at IU. The guys followed her while the girls started gossiping when they saw IU passing on their way. Bianca and I followed her but Bianca stopped for a moment.

                “Oppa, go get Angel. I’m late in my first class. Bye!” She didn’t wait for my answer and ran to the highschool building.

                I just smiled and ran to the crowd.

                “Who is she?”

                “A trainee from SM!”

               “No, she’s a super model.”

               “Wait, she’s my girl friend!”

               “No, she’s mine!”

              “Miss, what’s your name?”        

              “She looks like a living anime, so y and pretty.”

              I cannot come to IU because of the students surrounding her and asking her name and cell phone number. I can only see her face smiling nervously in front of many but her eyes were searching.

              “IU! IU!”

              She heard my voice but she cannot see me so I raised and waved her shoes. Some students noticed me and I was surprised when the noise faded and they all looked at me.

             “Nichkhun?” a guy from music class asked and he’s looking at the shoes I was raising.

            “Nichkhun!” I heard IU and later she ran to me and took my hand. The students’ eyes went big when they saw our hands holding. The other guys fake-fainted because of what they saw and said, “I’m dead.” The girls were still gossiping and their eyes were on our hands. I tried to smile and explain but their faces were serious so I whispered to IU to run.

        She didn’t wait for my go signal and ran while holding my hand. She’s a fast runner that the students weren’t able to stop or catch us. We bumped on them and we ran faster.

        “Hey!” they shouted. 

        We didn’t mind them and just ran. IU and I were both laughing while holding each other’s hands. I was overwhelmed when we’re doing this together like I was already in paradise. I felt so happy and my heart was jumping because of joy. I am now incredibly in love with IU. This is the very first time I feel this kind of happiness like I won the grand lottery.

        “Nichkhun, where do you want to go?” IU asked me happily and her face didn’t look tired.

        “Let’s go to the library,” from this time, I led the way to the library on second floor. No one was following us but we’re still running because we both enjoyed it and we stopped in front of the library.

       “Wow, is this an apartment too?” IU looked at the doors of each room and was amazed.

       “No IU. Those are classrooms and inside those rooms are students who are studying. This one is the library,” I opened the door of library and IU was astonished again because of many books located on tall bookshelves and tables. There were few students inside and it’s quiet. IU went inside and I did too and closed the door. We’re still holding hands and we sat on chairs beside a sleeping student with book on his hand.

       “Can I sleep here too?” IU pointed the guy who is sleeping.

       “No. Don’t imitate him. Library is not a sleeping area. This place is for studying too,” I explained.

       IU nodded and took the book from the guy carefully and took a look at it.

       “Look, Nichkhun!” She was excited when she saw a picture of cookies on the first page of the book. I realized that the book is for the people who would like to be a cook. It’s a recipe book.

       “Cookies,” I said and smiled.

       She turned to next page, next page, and next page until she finished the book without reading the ingredients and procedures. She looked at me with eyes wide, “You cooked all of these?”

      I laughed before I answer, “No, IU. Those were cooked by people who are expert in cooking and baking. They are called chefs or bakers.”

     “Oh,” she nodded and looked back at the picture of cookies. “So you’re a chef too?”

     “No IU. I am not yet an expert,” I answered.

     “Why? Is it required to be an expert first before people call you chef?”

     “It’s not like that, IU. I need to study at culinary school first and get licensed and be employed by a restaurant and when fortune came to me, maybe I will be hired as the head of cook in a certain restaurant and be a successful chef.

     She was thinking and then spoke, “Are you studying now?”

     “Culinary?”

     She nodded and closed the book.

     “Nope, I don’t want to be a chef.”

     She got surprised and her face was sad, “That makes me feel unhappy. Your cookies are delicious and I know you can cook other delicious foods than cookies. I want your foods be featured on books like this.” She let go of my hand and lay down her head on the table, imitating the guy beside her. I looked around and the librarian seemed absent today and there were still few students inside, so I lay down my head too and faced IU.

    “Don’t worry, IU. I can be a chef in our house and cook those foods you saw on the book,” I said while looking at her pretty face.

    “Okay,” she answered and put her cold hand on my cheek.

    It’s really unbelievable for me that IU’s touching my cheek now and talking to me with that soft and kind voice like she’s my girl friend. It feels like my days are always complete when I met her and she’s like part of my life now. I cannot imagine what my life would be without her. I’m still waiting for her best smile that she promised to show me. But for now, my problem I’m facing is Wooyoung. I asked myself if this is destiny. Am I the right person for IU? I know that everything happens for a reason and IU came to my life because there’s a reason. I hope the reason is destiny.

    I touched the soft cheek of IU and we’re like a couple dating inside the library.