IU's POV

Dream Catcher

 

                White walls, white ceiling, white floor, white surroundings, no dirt, no pollutions and no darkness- I call this my abode. Always peaceful and quiet. In this world of mine, you will see no food, no bed, no appliances, no technologies and no permanent friends, except my mother who visits me here seldom. You will only notice a huge wooden door here and as you can observe, I only do breathe, smile, stand, walk, advice and wait for a patient to come from that door. I am immortal, always eighteen, young and beautiful. I am neither a goddess nor an angel, but you can call me a dream catcher.

                My job is both easy and hard, well it depends on my patients. I had encountered millions and millions of rebellious teenagers already, and my task is to transform them into a good example in their community. I only considered it hard when someone did not obey and listen to my advice and it took hours to convince them. Sometimes, there are patients who repented immediately and promised that they would give happiness to everybody. Then, they thanked me and went back to their world with a happy face. Those were the only times I consider my job easy. I call those patients transient friends because there’s no possibility that they could go back again here. It’s sad but at least, I helped them and that’s what matter most.

                My job is not boring. Honestly, I enjoy every moment and days that came. I never felt loneliness because after meeting a patient, another one will open the door and ask the same questions: “Where am I?” “Who are you?” or “Is this heaven?” There are times when I am longing for answers. I have no idea about my past, if when did I born, who is my father, do I have a sister or brother and why don’t I have permanent friends. Maybe I had amnesia and my mother is hiding my lost identity. How could I ask her if she is not always present in this place? She visits me here but not to ask how I am but instead, giving me a mysterious smile and greet “Hi” and then vanished. It is so impossible to have a long conversation with her. I want to feel her embrace. I wonder how is she now and why is she doing this to me.

                While fixing my long black hair and thinking deeply, I heard the door opened. I looked at it and saw a bad-looking guy who looked puzzled while observing my place. The guy scratched the back of his head and when his eyes saw me, he was amazed.

                “Excuse me?” he asked and walked towards me.

                I waved a hand to him and smiled.

                “Where am I?”

                “You’re dreaming.”

                He just laughed and went back to the door to open it but unfortunately, it’s already locked. He faced me again and his face was serious.

                “Don’t worry. You came here because you need my help,” my voice was calm and patient.

                “I don’t need anybody’s help. I am already twenty,” he scratched his head again like annoyed and lied down on the floor. He closed his eyes and pretended to sleep.

                I can now say that this guy is a hard task. Actually, he should be thankful because my mind is filled with patience and I am not going to give up because my main purpose is to transform this stubborn guy into a good boy. Count on me and I’ll clean his smelly and dirty heart.

 

 

END OF CHAPTER ONE

I hope my readers liked it. Thanks for reading and God bless you! :)