Chapter 9

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

At vocal practice the next day, Exo’s trainer compliments my singing. Wow, I had never thought of my voice as “good”, but I guess it’s good when I try to sound like a guy. Chen and Baekhyun are fun to hang out around with. It’s nice that I get to practice with them. They have really fun, laid back personalities. Baekhyun is really lighthearted, but also oblivious to a lot of things. He caught me walking out of the women’s bathroom at the SM building, but he didn’t seem to be able to put two and two together.

 

“Trying to get a sneak peak at the girl trainees, huh?” Baekhyun had asked me that day he saw me coming out of the women's bathroom.

 

“Umm…sure?” I answers hesitantly, not really sure if he was being serious.

 

“Don’t worry, you’re secret’s safe with me.” Baekhyun says as if he knows exactly what’s going on.

 

“Thanks…” I reply.

 

 

After practice, all of the members eat lunch back at the dorm. In the afternoon, a few of the members have more practice, and some others just get to relax. I’m one of the lucky ones who gets to take the rest of the day off.  

 

Min Young’s at school, and Se Hun’s probably dancing with Kai. Lu Han is nowhere to be found. I wonder where he went. Maybe he was one of the members who had extra practice scheduled.  I go upstairs and sit on the bed trying to find something to do. I read more of the Korean language book and then I clean up some of my stuff. After an hour of nothing to do boringness, I decide to go out and walk around Seoul.

 

I walk downstairs and see that Tao, Baekhyun, Chen, D.O., and Chanyeol are watching T.V.

 

“Hey guys, I’m going to take a walk outside” I announce.

 

“Have fun!” Baekhyun shouts. The others are still focused on T.V.

 

I walk out the door and notice that the sky is a bit cloudy. There’s a little bit of sunshine occasionally making it through the clouds, but it definitely looks like it might rain later in the day. I debate whether or not to go back in and bring an umbrella just in case, but then I figured I wasn’t going to stay out long anyways, so I decide against going back for an umbrella. I start walking around, not really sure of where to go. No one recognizes me because, obviously, I haven’t debuted as Exo’s 13thmember yet. There are a bunch of cute little coffee shops, restaurants, and stores, but since I didn’t bring any money, there really wasn’t any point in going inside.

 

 I continue to walk until I reach a sidewalk that looks familiar. I try to think of when I’d been here before and then I remember it was the path to the park Lu Han took me to last year. That day we played on the swings and the play structure like little kids. Ah, that was a year ago, but I remember it as if it happened just yesterday. I’m smiling and daydreaming in my memories when I finally reach the familiar swing set. I look up still smiling, when a surprising scene wipes the smile off my face. I’m staring at them, speechless. No…it can’t be…and then I start running…running away as far as I can with tears streaming down my face…

 

 

Lu Han’s POV

 

I don’t care what Se Hun and Kai say. I’m guessing this Eun Jung is just another fangirl who’s probably going to end up spreading random rumors after our “date”. Whatever, I just have to suffer through it just this once.

 

So apparently I’m supposed to meet her at the park. Turns out it’s the same park I took Mei the last time she was in Korea. I walk over to the park after lunch.

 

“Oppa!” I hear a girl shout when I arrive at the park. She would probably be considered attractive for any other guy, but all I see is a regular girl who's not any different from all the other girls in the world.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Eun Jung-imnida!” She smiles and bows.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Lu Han-imnida.” I say trying to smile and look excited.

 

“Can we go swinging?” She suddenly asks.

 

“Sure” I say. “If that’s what you want”

 

“Well, we are at the park!” She runs over and links her arm with mine. “Kaja!”

 

I try to pretend like I’m excited to spend time with her, but I just can’t enjoy being around girls that try overly hard to act cute.

 

When we get to the swings, I watch as she sits down. I walk over to sit on the swing next to hers.

 

“Oppa” She says with pouting lips. “Aren’t you going to push me?”

 

I stand up. I guess I forgot she’s not like Mei. I slowly walk over and start pushing her gently. She starts laughing and smiling. I’m not having as much fun as she is, but I try not to show it on my face. After a while, it gets kind of boring pushing her, but she tells me to keep going. I get bored and start looking around, I see a guy running away from the park. No one’s chasing him, so maybe he’s just in a rush. He’s too far away for me to see who he is, but for some reason, I trick myself into thinking he’s Myung Soo. Aish! I have to stop thinking about Myung Soo! I slap my forehead a few times. Eun Jung notices and asks me what’s wrong. 

 

“Nothing, I’m just not feeling too well” I answer

 

“Awww, maybe we should just walk around then.” She looks at me concerned.

 

“Ok, sounds good” I answer.

 

We walk around the park for a long time. Eun Jung asks me question after question about Exo, and I try to answer them all without revealing any information that isn’t already on the internet. The sky is getting darker, and I feel a few sprinkles on my head.

 

“Oppa, it’s going to rain” Eun Jung says. “Can we go to a restaurant and eat?”

 

“Uh, sure” I answer.

 

We head to the nearest restaurant and order rice and a few side dishes. I’m not very hungry, so most of the time I’m just sitting there watching Eun Jung eat. After our meal, it’s late and already pouring outside. We say good-bye outside the restaurant and call for separate taxis.

 

 

Back at the dorm, I walk in and notice that everyone is huddled around the living room.

 

“LU HAN!!” Min Young shouts. “Have you seen Myung Soo?!?” She asks frantically.

 

“Uh, no?” I answer looking around at the other members who all have worried faces.

 

“Aish!” Min Young squeals. “Where could he be?”

 

“He said he was just going to take a walk” Baekhyun says.

 

“No one takes a four hour walk out in the pouring rain!” Min Young says angrily through gritted teeth. Baekhyun lowers his head.

 

 “Uh, sorry for lashing out at you Baekhyun, I’m just worried.” Min Young apologizes after taking a deep breath trying to calm herself.

 

“Where have you been, Lu Han?” Tao suddenly asks.

 

“We sent him on a date” Se Hun says proudly with a grin.

 

“YOU WHAT?!?!?” Min Young screams giving Se Hun a death glare. Se Hun backs away.

 

“Calm down Min Young, Myung Soo is a grown man. He can take care of himself. He’s probably waiting somewhere for the rain to subside.” Kai says. Kai continues to explain about my date. I roll my eyes.

 

“It didn’t even work anyways” I say after Kai finishes.

 

We all continue to wait as another hour passes and Myung Soo still hasn’t returned. Min Young is pacing back and forth muttering to herself. Then suddenly she runs over and grabs my hand pulling me into another room and shutting the door.

 

“Min Young, what-” I start to ask, but she interrupts me.

 

“Lu Han, sit down and listen very closely to what I’m about to tell you” Min Young says looking me strait in the eyes. I can see signs of desperation in her eyes. She slowly starts to explain.

 

 I’m listening calmly to everything she says up until she says the words...”Myung Soo is Mei in disguise” When I hear those words, I immediately realize the person I saw running away from the park was indeed Myung Soo (or Mei now that Min Young has told me). I don’t even bother to listen anymore. The next thing I know, I’m out the door running through the pouring rain…

 

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

It’s dark. It’s cold. The rain is beating on my back like cold shards of ice. But I can’t feel any of it. The sight of Lu Han with another girl has plunged me into a dark ocean where I’m sinking deeper and deeper. I know I have no right to be angry. It’s not right for me to keep him from seeing other women anyways, but why am I acting like this? Lu Han doesn’t belong to me not matter how much I wish he did. I don’t even like to cry, but tonight my tears just won’t stop.

 

Then I hear someone shout my name through the thunderous rain. Not Myung Soo but…

 

“MEI!!”

 

I look up, but my tears blur my vision. I don’t know who it is, but I feel a pair of warm arms wrap around me tightly and I suddenly feel safe. I’m too weak to stand up, so the unknown person picks me up bridal style. When my face is buried in the person’s chest, I recognize the familiar smell.

 

“Lu Han…” I whisper before blacking out.