Chapter 21

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

The next morning, I wake up earlier than anyone else. When I open my eyes and look around the room, I see that Lu Han, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol are still sound asleep. I notice that Chanyeol is wrapped in his blanket like a caterpillar in a cocoon, leaving Baekhyun bare and shivering. Poor Baekhyun. I quietly sneak out of bed and tip toe over to grab another blanket to cover Baekhyun. He stops shivering and subconsciously snuggles with the blanket.Awww, what a sweetie.

 

“Up already?” Lu Han whispers from behind me, startling me. I turn to see that he’s looking at me while still lying on his side.

 

“Ah, ye” I answer.

 

“Wanna take a walk around Jeju?” Lu Han asks.

 

“That sounds great!” I answer, trying not to get too excited.

 

“Alright then, kaja!” Lu Han says jumping out of bed.

 

 

We walk along the shopping area of Jeju, and talk about going back to Seoul.

 

“I’m excited to go back to Seoul” Lu Han says staring straight ahead.

 

“Wae?” I ask. I thought he was like the other members and was also disappointed that the vacation is nearing the end.

 

“I want to perform on stage with you.” He looks at me smiling.

 

“Lu Han, I’ve never even been on stage. Now you’re just making me nervous.” I say, thinking about how scary it’s going to be.

 

Lu Han chuckles. “Don’t worry; I’ll be right beside you. You’ll get over your nerves and realize how fun it really is. Plus, when you’re offstage you can be Mei again.”

 

I think about finally not having to hide. I almost forgot I have to reveal myself to Baekhyun and Chanyeol today.

 

“Are you ready to tell Baekyeol?” Lu Han asks.

 

“Yeah, I’ll just do it at the party.” I say. I’m thinking about how I should tell them, when Lu Han comes up with an idea.

 

“How about you go to the party as a girl?” Lu Han says. “We’ll get you a wig and dress. Baekhyun and Chanyeol will never see it coming.” He grins.

 

“Ha, that’ll be so funny. I’m sure they’ll know it’s me, right?” I say. I try to imagine how I would approach them.

 

Lu Han shrugs. “You never know with those two” He says. “Kaja!”

 

Min Young’s POV

 

Se Hun and I are walking down to the hotel lounge where Baekhyun and Chanyeol supposedly set up the party. We were the first ones there, so we sat on the couch. Se Hun has his arm around my shoulder and I was leaning against him.

 

“Are you still sad about going back to Seoul?” I ask Se Hun.

 

“Nah, I’m pretty excited to debut and start dancing again.” Se Hun says.

 

“Are you nervous at all?” I question, wondering what goes through Se Hun’s mind when he’s on stage.

 

“To dance. No. When I’m dancing, I get so pumped that the nerves sort of wash away. It’s the interviews that are nerve wracking.” Se Hun says widening his eyes. “I’m always afraid I’ll forget what I’m trying to say. Good thing Su Ho answers most of the questions.”

 

“Haha, what will you say if they ask you to describe your ideal type?” I ask, eager to hear his response.

 

“I’ll describe you.” Se Hun answers. He looks at me and smiles. Then he does his famous lip .

 

Aww, Se Hun. Why do you have to be so adorable? I know that every time he does that, he’s indirectly asking me to kiss him. I can’t resist, so I lean closer into him. Just before our lips were about to meet, Kai, Tao, Lay, Xiu Min, Chen, and D.O. walk in.

 

Se Hun and I stop, embarrassed that they almost saw us in our private moment. They all grin when they see our surprised expressions.

 

“Go ahead. Don’t worry about us, it’s not like we can’t handle the heat.” Kai says, breaking the awkward silence.

 

“Every time I see this, I still can’t believe our maknae is the one with the girl.” D.O. says.

 

“Hey, Se Hun is an extremely handsome guy. I would be surprised if girls didn’t fall for him at first sight” Xiu Min winks at Se Hun. Se Hun just chuckles a little.

 

Tao and Lay then go over to grab the food that’s been laid out. Chen, Lay, and Xiu Min walk over to the other couch and start a conversation. Kai sits down right next to me.

 

“Kai” Se Hun complains. He must really want that kiss.

 

“Ya, you sleep with her every night. Can’t you just set aside your needs for a while?” Kai says.

 

Se Hun blushes. “Don’t make it sound so dirty. We haven’t done anything.”

 

Su Ho and Kris arrive. They walk over to the table and start enjoying the refreshments. It wasn’t long before Lu Han and Mei, OMO! Actually Mei! arrive. I’m surprised because she’s actually dressed and looks like a girl! All of the members stop what they’re doing and look up.

 

“Mei! Lookin good!” Kai shouts.

 

“You’ve already told Baekyeol?” Xiu Min asks.

 

“No, we just wanted to show them this way” Lu Han answers.

 

Mei walks over and sits next to me. Lu Han sits next to Kai, and Se Hun moves over to chat with them. Mei and I are having a normal conversation, when Baekhyun and Chanyeol finally arrive.

 

“Sorry we’re late. We went to get this cake specially made.” Chanyeol sets the cake on the table.

 

“We hope you guys are having a good time!” Baekhyun says. Neither of them notices Mei yet. Then Chanyeol’s eyes drift over to the couch we were sitting on.

 

“Oh, who’s that?” Chanyeol says pointing to Mei.

 

“Who? Who? Let me see!” Baekhyun shouts, jumping up and down trying to see past Chanyeol’s tall figure.

 

Then they both try to get ahead of each other and run up to Mei. Mei’s waiting for them to recognize her, but they don’t seem to be able to.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Chanyeol-imnida!” Chanyeol greets, bowing 90 degrees. He puts out his arm to give Mei a handshake.

 

Baekhyun slips past Chanyeol’s arm and greets Mei. “Annyeonghaseyo Exo-K’s main vocal Baekhyun-imnida!” Baekhyun says smiling.

 

Everyone is watching, waiting to see how long it’ll take for Chanyeol and Baekhyun to realize. Mei just stands there. Chanyeol and Baekhyun are both waiting for her to introduce herself. Then Mei leans in so her face is closer to Baekhyun.

 

“You don’t recognize me?” Mei says, sounding a bit scary.

 

“Whaaaa!!” Baekhyun shouts and jumps back bumping into Chanyeol. He’s short enough that his head perfectly hits Chanyeol’s nose.

 

“YAAA! Not again. You seriously need to stop doing that!” Chanyeol says rubbing his sore nose.

 

“Ya! Myung Soo!!! Why are you dressed up as a girl?” Baekhyun shouts.  

 

Everyone in the room starts laughing, including me. Chanyeol looks confused, so does Baekhyun.

 

“You guys, it’s Mei. She was dressed up as a guy, not the other way around” Kai explains in between laughs.

 

“You don’t remember my girlfriend?” Lu Han says, walking over to put his arm around Mei’s waist.

 

“Girlfriend? Mei?” Baekhyun is clearly deep in thought, even using his fingers to piece the information together. Chanyeol playfully hits the back of Baekhyun’s head.

 

“I can’t believe you still don’t get it. Even I remember Mei, and I spent less time with her than you” Chanyeol says.

 

“Oh right, the girl who lived in Lu Han’s house last year. It’s all coming back now.” Baekhyun looks proud of himself for remembering. Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

 

Everyone bursts out laughing again. Even Su Ho and Kris.

 

“Now that, that’s settled. Let’s get this party started!” Kai shouts.

 

We all agree, and have a great time on our last night in Jeju.