Chapter 16

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

The next morning I wake up, the room is very bright. I can barely open my eyes, so all I can do is squint. When my vision clears, I see Baekhyun face literally less than 2 inches away from mine.

 

“Ahhhhh!!” I shriek.

 

“Ahhhh!!” Baekhyun jumps back, surprised by my reaction. He bumps into Chanyeol who’s standing right behind him and they both land on top of each other at the foot of my bed.

 

“Ya, what was that for?!?” Chanyeol shouts, rubbing his nose because the back of Baekhyun’s head had slammed into it.

 

Lu Han stirs beside me and comes out from under the covers.

 

“What’s going on?” Lu Han asks confused.  

 

“I was about to wake Myung Soo up, but he woke before I could wake him” Baekhyun explains.

 

“Why were you so close to my face, then?” I interrogate.Does he know? I ask in my head.

 

“We thought you looked cute in your sleep, so we wanted to take a closer look” Chanyeol says.

 

“Yeah, we were comparing you and Lu Han. We wanted to see who was cuter in their sleep.” Baekhyun says. “You won.”

 

I blush at Baekhyun last statement.

 

“Yeah, yeah, Myung Soo’s cute. So what?” Lu Han says pretending to be jealous.

 

“So you know what that means!” Chanyeol says in a teasing voice.

 

“Myung Soo gets to do ageyo in front of all the members!” Baekhyun shouts excitedly.

 

This makes me a little nervous because I’ve never done aegyo before. I’m probably going to look weird but it’s not a big deal, right?

 

 

At the breakfast table in the hotel lounge. The members all gather to decide what to do.

 

“Let’s go to a theme park!!” Se Hun shouts with joy.

 

“What park did you have in mind?” Kai questions. “Loveland?” He jokes and bursts out laughing.

 

“Kai!” Su Ho shouts making Kai stop laughing.

 

“Jwesonghamnida” Kai apologizes.

 

Then the other members start to giggle.

 

“What’s Loveland?” I ask curiously, looking around, wondering why it’s such a big deal. Everyone starts to look around, and no one seems to want to answer my question.  

 

Then finally, “Ah, Myung Soo, well, I guess since you’ve never been to Jeju before…” Su Ho starts to explain, but is clearly having trouble finding the right words.

 

“It’s a sculpture park focused around the theme of ” Kris explains indifferently.

 

Then the other members all explode into laughter, except Su Ho who just blushes.

 

“So basically, Kai was just being erted again” Lu Han says to me jokingly.

 

“Ahh, sorry for asking” I announce embarrassed.

 

“So how is this deciding going to work? If we can’t all agree on going to one place, we can just split up.” Kris announces with authority.

 

“Well, I dunno about you guys, but Chen, Lay, Xiu Min and I are going to go look at the various museums” Tao says.

 

“Min Young and I want to take a walk along one of the Olle Trails” Se Hun adds.

 

“Ooo, that sounds fun! We should do that too!” Baekhyun exclaims turning to Chanyeol.

 

“Awww, but Min Young and I want to have some alone time” Se Hun pouts with a disappointed look.

 

“Ya, Se Hun, there are more than 20 trails. We won’t even be near you guys.” Chanyeol says.

 

Se Hun’s face brightens again. Even Min Young looks happy to hear that.  

 

 

“Ok, you guys go ahead and do that. What about the rest of you?” Kris asks turning to Lu Han, Kai, and me.

 

 

 

 

“We don’t know. What are you planning on doing?” Kai asks Kris.

 

“Kris and I were going to search around for some of Jeju’s natural wonders” Su Ho answers for Kris.

 

“Can we tag along?” Lu Han asks.

 

“Sure” Su Ho answers welcomingly. Kris doesn’t look like he really cares.

 

 

Everyone split up, got into their groups, and headed off in different directions.

 

Kris had a rented car, and we drove over to the first “natural wonder”, which was the Cheonjiyeon Waterfall. And Omo, it was absolutely gorgeous!

Waterfall_on_Jeju_Island,_Korea.jpg

 

 All was well until we got out of the car and notice the hundreds of tourists.

 

“Ya, do think any of these people are Exo fans?” Kai asks.

 

“Nah, I don’t think we’re that famous yet. Besides most people here are couples and foreigners.” Lu Han answers. Just then we hear a bunch of girls squeal.

 

“Omo, it’s Lu Han oppa!!!”

 

“Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Kai oppa”

 

“Exo-M leader Kris!!AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! MARRY ME!!!!”

 

 “Exo-K leader Su Ho!!!! AH, Jinjja!!”

 

Kai, Lu Han, Kris, and Su Ho all turn with cat-like reflexes in the direction of the fangirl screams.

 

“Aish, spoke too soon!” Lu Han curses.

 

“Run!!” Kai shouts and starts to make a break for it.

 

“Hold it!” Kris grabs the back of Kai’s shirt. “Exo never runs away from fans”

 

“We do if it gets dangerous, but it doesn’t look like there are that many of them. I’m sure we can handle this without our bodyguards.” Su Ho says.

 

The fans ran over to ask for autographs. At first they were polite and gentle, but then as more and more started to gather, they started to get pushy. Soon enough, Kris, Lu Han, Kai, and Su Ho were surrounded with no way out. I was kind of just standing off to the side; no one knew who I was yet.

 

Then a fangirl walks over to me after getting Kris’s autograph.

 

“Annyeong!” She smiles and waves to me.

 

“Annyeong!” I bow a little.

 

“Are you with Exo?” She asks.

 

“Ah, ne” I answer.

 

“The rumored 13thmember?” She asks curiously.

 

“Ne, but how do you know? Did SM already announce it?” I ask.

 

“Haha, of course, but since they haven’t officially confirmed anything yet, I was a little hesitant to approach you.” She smiles again. Then she looks around. “Looks like I’m the only one who recognized you. Good luck with your debut!Hwaiting!” She holds up her fist and waves good bye.  

 

 

It was a long time before all the fans were finally satisfied and left.

 

“Should’ve brought disguises” Lu Han says tiredly.

 

“Should’ve ran when we had the chance” Kai jokes.

 

“Guys, I don’t think we’ll have time to see more natural wonders. How about we eat lunch, hang around the waterfall, and explore other things tomorrow?” Kris says.

 

“Sounds good to me” Su Ho says.

 

“Ne, let’s do that” Lu Han adds.

 

After a delicious lunch that I was forced to buy because I was the only one fans wouldn’t recognize, we sneaked past the tourists to a less crowded spot near the waterfall.

 

Kris is sitting on a rock under a tree, busy doing something on his cell phone. Su Ho and Kai are pointing around and chatting. Lu Han and I lean over to look at the water. He starts talking to me in Mandarin, so Kai and Su Ho can’t understand, and Kris is too far away to hear.

 

“How are you liking Jeju so far?” Lu Han asks.

 

“It’s very beautiful.” I answer. “Have you been here before?”

 

“Once” Lu Han answers. I wait for him to say more. “With an old friend of mine who used to be a JYP trainee”

 

“Oh” I say wondering if it was a girl.

 

“Haha, don’t worry, it was a guy” Lu Han says as if he had read my mind. “It was to celebrate passing the auditions. I remember standing at this exact spot, promising each other we would both succeed together.”

 

“So what happened?” I ask.

 

“I switched over to SM and became a member of Exo, and he decided that being an idol was not something he wanted to continue doing.” Lu Han says.

 

“What made him quit?” I continue to ask.

 

“Well, I would call it quitting, but I guess that’s one way to put it.” Lu Han says, staring at the water.

 

“What do you mean?” I question.

 

“He went through a lot of rough times. Trying to decide between his idol dreams and a girl he fell in love with. In the end, he chose his dream and lost her. The last time I ever saw him, he told me to never let go when I find the one. I promised him I would follow his words, and the next day he was gone.” Lu Han is still staring at the water.

 

“Gone?” I whisper.

 

“Jumped into the Han River.” Lu Han murmurs.  There was a very long silence, and the sky was getting dark. The waterfall lights start to turn on.  Kris, Su Ho, and Kai have gone to take a walk around the waterfall.

 

6422675745_252e8f3364_z.jpg 

 

 

“Mei?” Lu Han says softly after the long silence.

 

“Yeah?” I answer.

 

“You know you’re the one, right?” Lu Han asks. He finally turns to look me in the eyes.

 

I feel my heart start to beat faster. Even though I’ve had my share of doubts, I guess I always knew deep down that Lu Han’s feeling for me were indisputable. I always tried to deny it. I mean, how could I not when it’s someone that perfect? But tonight, amidst all that’s happened, I’m finally able to believe that Lu Han, My Lu Han, was real.

 

I don’t say anything because words cannot describe what I felt at that moment. Instead, I find the courage to lean closer and closer to him. Lu Han doesn’t hesitate and just gently holds my face in both of his hands. He gently pulls me even closer.  I shut my eyes when our lips are close enough to meet. It starts slow and becomes more and more passionate. Lu Han’s lips were warm and soft as I expected, but his kiss was surprisingly forceful, it was a different side of Lu Han I had not yet experienced in a such an intimate setting. It was the side of Lu Han that comes out when he’s powerfully dancing on stage, when he’s heroically carrying me through the deafening rainstorm, when he singing gracefully at the top of his lungs.

 

Seconds pass…minutes…

 

It wasn’t until we heard someone coming that we finally broke apart.

 

“Lu Han!!! Myung Soo!!!” Kai shouts, running towards us in the dark. “Time to go back to the hotel!”

 

“Arasso!” Lu Han shouts back. “We’ll be right there”

 

Kai turns and runs back towards where Su Ho and Kris were waiting.

 

“Ready?” Lu Han turns to me. I can barely see his face in the dark, but I’ve seen his sweet smile enough times to imagine exactly what it looks like.

 

“Ne” I nod.

 

“Kaja!” Lu Han puts my hand in his, and we both walk to the car.