Chapter 29

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

During our lunch break, the Dream Team crew ordered us fried chicken because SHINee personally requested it. Tao, Se Hun, and Kai hungrily start eating like they’ve been starving for days. Lu Han looks deep in thought, so I nudge him a little and give him a reassuring smile.

“I don’t think he knows” I say to Lu Han. We both glance over at the SHINee members on the other side of the room. Onew seems to be focused on scarfing down chicken at the moment, so I let out a big sigh.

“Let’s hope your right” Lu Han replies and takes a bite of chicken. “But no more risky situations” He adds.

“Ok, I’ll try to be more careful” I say while eating. The chicken is crunchy on the outside and soft and juicy on the inside. Very delicious.

“Next up, is the swimming race!” The MC announces.

“What!?!?” The 5 of us shout at the same time.

“You guys have a problem with that?” The MC asks raising an eyebrow. The SHINee members look at us curiously.

Kai gulps. Se Hun’s jaw drops. I feel myself start to panic.

“No, no, Myung Soo is just…afraid of water” Tao says with a proud grin as if he had solved all of our problems.

“Afraid of water?” The MC questions in disbelief.

“What Tao means is, Myung Soo can’t swim.” Lu Han quickly jumps in.

“AH, haha, yeah.. that’s what I meant” Tao adds.  His face turning a little red when he realizes Lu Han’s explanation is much more reasonable than his own.

I let out a deep breath. Saved again…or so I thought…

“But I talked to President Lee Soo Man and he confirmed that he would have 5 EXO members capable of swimming for this show.” The MC exclaims. “Surely he wouldn’t lie would he?”

“He must’ve made a mistake” Kai says with a nervous laugh. “Myung Soo really can’t swim, right Se Hun?”

“Hehe, yeah, he can’t. Myung Soo would drown like a chunk of metal, hehe” Se Hun says while acting out what it would look like while I was drowning in water.

I look at Se Hun, signaling that the acting was unnecessary.

“Well, I guess that means EXO will have to forfeit” The MC says with a shrug.

I look at the disappointed faces of Kai, Se Hun, and Tao. Lu Han looks relieved. I can’t help but feel bad to let the team down, but there really wasn’t anything I could do.

Just then, we hear the door to the pool area open.  Every one turns to look.

“Baekhyun!!!” Kai, Se Hun, and Tao shout in unison.

“What are you doing here?” Kai asks.

Baekhyun ignores Kai’s question and walks straight towards Tao. “You lied to me!” Baekhyun shouts.

“Cut, Cut!!!” The MC shouts to the camera men.

“What do you mean?” Tao replies innocently, putting his hands up.

“You said I could go because you were replacing me in the show!” Baekhyun explains. “But on my way back to the dorm, I just happen to run into Mr. Lee Soo Man who almost punishes me for leaving the show without permission! Luckily he gave me a chance to explain why I had left.”

“So Tao lied to get on the show?” Lu Han asks. Every one turns to Tao now.

“WHAT!?!?!? No, it was manager hyung, he told me I was needed in place of Baekhyun” Tao defends.

“So it was manager hyung who lied!” Kai accuses.

“Guys, calm down. If Tao’s telling the truth, manager hyung probably only said what he did to encourage Tao to come. He probably didn’t expect Baekhyun to leave.” I say.

“Oh,” Tao says finally putting the pieces together. “That would make sense”

“So…are we ready to begin again?” The MC butts in.

“Yeah” Baekhyun replies with a sigh. “So much for my day of fun with Chanyeol” He says to himself.