Chapter 20

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

By the time we returned to the hotel for dinner, it was already getting pretty dark outside. Kris and Su Ho were sitting at the private dining room table looking over paperwork and writing stuff down. Lu Han and I walk up to our rooms, only to find Baekhyun and Chanyeol wrestling on their bed.

 

“Hey, you guys are back!” Chanyeol shouts when he looks up and see us.

 

“How was the cave?” Baekhyun asks.

 

“Oh, it was alright.” Lu Han answers while walking over to the bed. He looked kind of tired.

 

“Tomorrows going to be our last day in Jeju” Baekhyun announces.

 

“What? Who told you that?” I ask surprised and disappointed. But then when I think about it, and I guess it would be nice to go back to Seoul and get this debut thing over with.  

 

“Kris told us” Chanyeol answers.

 

“So what did you two do today?” Lu Han asks. He was lying on the bed with both of his arms behind his head.

 

“Oh, nothing much” Baekhyun answers casually.

 

“Hey, you guys should clean up so we can get dinner. I’m starving.” Chanyeol interrupts.

 

“I’m ready to go” Lu Han says jumping up from the bed.

 

“Great! Kaja!” Chanyeol says grabbing Baekhyun’s arm and running out the door.

 

“He must REALLY be hungry” Lu Han laughs. “Are you ready to go?” Lu Han asks me.

 

“Uh, I think I’d better shower first. Then we can avoid Baekhyun and Chanyeol making us shower together.” I say to Lu Han. He nods in agreement.

 

“Ok, should I wait for you?” Lu Han asks.

 

“No, you go ahead. I’ll be quick.” I say.

 

When Lu Han leaves, I grab the stuff I need to take a shower and walk into the bathroom to turn on the hot water. This is the first shower I’ve had without Lu Han being in the bathroom with me. Although the atmosphere feels a lot less tense, I can’t help but miss how safe I felt when he was in the bathroom with me.

 

After my shower, the bathroom is extremely steamy. Darn. I forgot to turn on the vent before I showered. Lu Han always did that. I have no choice but to open the bathroom door slightly, to let the hot air out.

 

Min Young’s POV

 

“Min Young, hurry! Everyone has already gone downstairs for dinner!” Se Hun shouts to me in the bathroom.

 

“Ya, I’m not finished with my hair yet! You go ahead, I’ll be right down” I shout back.

 

“Arasso! But hurry!” Se Hun says. I hear him sprint out the door. Ugh, guys and their love for food.

 

I finish about 10 minutes later. I start walking down the hall to the staircase, when I run into Tao.

 

“Tao, I haven’t seen you all day! Well, I guess I was at the cave. Did you have a nice rest?” I shout down the hall.

 

Tao stops when he sees me. “Ah, ye, I slept peacefully, did some reading, and watched some movies” Tao says.

 

“That sounds nice. Maybe Se Hun and I will try that sometime.” I say.

 

“Well, if you’re planning on doing that in Jeju, you’d better do it tomorrow” Tao warns.

 

“Wae?” I ask not knowing what he means.

 

“Tomorrow’s our last day” Tao says. “Then it’s off to Seoul!”

 

“Omo! Jinja?” I’m shocked. I wonder if Mei and Lu Han know yet. If Lu Han is planning to do something special with Mei, he better know tomorrow’s his last chance. Then I remember that their hotel room is not far from where we were standing.“Hey, Tao can you go over to Lu Han’s room and tell him. He really needs to know when we’re leaving.”

 

Tao looks surprised, but agrees to go.

 

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

I was still drying myself in the bathroom, when someone pushed open the door I left ajar.

 

“Lu Han?”

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” I scream when I see Tao standing there, staring at me. I quickly wrap the towel around me.

 

Tao’s eyes widen and he points his finger at me. “You’re…you’re…” He quickly turns around and shuts the door.

 

“Tao, I can explain!” I shout.

 

Then, I hear him sprint out of the room.

 

After the incident, I was pretty shaken up, but I still manage to pull myself together and go downstairs for dinner. I have to find a way to explain. As embarrassing as that incident was, I’m more worried about how Tao is dealing with the shock.

 

When I walk into the dining room, everyone is already eating. I awkwardly walk over and sit next to Lu Han, who whispers in my ear.

 

“What took you so long?” He asks playfully.

 

“Oh, nothing, it was just…” I trail off, and look over at Tao who is sitting in the corner with his head down. He’s staring at his food, not eating any of it. Tao looks up, sees me, and immediately puts his head back down. Lu Han noticed.

 

“Ya, did Tao find out?” Lu Han asks.

 

“Well, that’s one way you could put it” I say.

 

At dinner, Kris officially announced that tomorrow would be our last day in Jeju. He gave a long speech about how grateful we should all be for getting a vacation like this, and how we should all work hard and make a good combined debut.

 

The members all clapped and cheered when Kris finished speaking. Then Su Ho stood up and passed around a invitation card for each of the members. We were all wondering what we were invited to. I opened the card and it read:

 

You are officially invited to Baekyeol’s “Last Day at Jeju Party!!!”

 

“Ya, so that was what you guys were up to” Kai says. All of the members walk over and pat Baekhyun and Chanyeol on the back thanking them for taking the time to set up something this special.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol blush. “Hope you guys will like it” Baekhyun says shyly.

 

After dinner, we all go over to the lounge to relax. Some of the members are playing board games. Baekhyun and Chanyeol left, probably to prepare for the party. Tao is sitting on the couch, hugging a pillow. He hasn’t said a word this whole time. 

 

“Tao, what’s wrong?” Kai asks, walking over and jumping on the couch Tao was sitting on.

 

“Uh…Uh…” Tao can’t seem to find the words.

 

Kai smirks. “Did you perhaps, see something weird?” Kai asks in a fake voice.

 

Tao immediately turns his head to look at Kai. “How…how…did you know?” Tao asks, looking at Kai as if Kai was a mind reader.

 

“Chill man, it was just a question…but if you don’t want to tell me what you saw…then…” Kai starts to turn and walk away. Tao quickly grabs Kai’s arms and falls to his knees as if he’s begging Kai.

 

“Mmmyyyyuuunggg SSssoo…” Tao utters and points a shaky finger at me. Everyone is looking at me and Tao now. “He…no…she is a girl!” Tao shouts.

 

“What do you mean?” Kai asks pretending he doesn’t know. Everyone starts to play along now. Su Ho and Kris are just watching, clearly amused.

 

“Ya, micheoseo?” Min Young says to Tao.

 

“Tao, you must be mistaken” Lay says.

 

“Are you high?” Chen adds.

 

Xiu Min and D.O. just laugh.

 

Lu Han and Se Hun are just watching, waiting for something to happen.

 

“BUT I SAW HER !!!” Tao shouts, now covering his face.

 

“WHAT!?!?” Kai, Se Hun, Lu Han, Chen , Xiu Min, D.O., and Lay shout at the same time.

 

“OMO! Jinja?” Min Young shouts, stunned. I immediately regret not explaining to Tao before all of this happened.  Did Tao really have to announce that to everyone?

 

Everyone is looking at me now, speechless.

 

“ Yeah, Tao kinda walked in on me when I was in the bathroom…” I explain to everyone. Then I turn to look at Tao. “Tao, it’s me, Mei” I finally reveal. “Everyone here knows, they were just playing with you” I lower my head, beyond embarrassed.

 

“Mei? Lu Han’s Mei?” Tao says, removing his hands from his face and blinks a couple of times. “I saw Lu Han’s girlfriend ? Whao, jinja!” Tao looks pleased with himself now.

 

“Lu Han hasn’t even seen his girlfriend yet” Se Hun announces.

 

“Se Hun!!” Lu Han shouts. “Was that really necessary?” Lu Han blushes.

 

“Mian” Se Hun apologizes, but he’s still secretly grinning.

 

I don’t feel like explaining everything all over again, so I send Tao over to Su Ho and Kris who can explain. Tao slowly walks over and sits hunched over in the chair in front of them. He looks like a kid who had just been sent to the principal’s office. I’m tired, so I say good-night to everyone and head upstairs. Lu Han, of course, follows me.

 

“Mei? Did Tao really see…?” Lu Han asks me when we’re alone. He looks as if someone just cheated on him in a game.

 

“Lu Han” I say gently. “Tao probably just saw enough to realize I was a girl” I say, trying to sound like it was no big deal, but then I realized what I said wasn’t exactly reassuring.

 

“Oh” Lu Han says and looks away. I’m trying to decide what to do to make him feel better. Is it really that big of a deal to him? Does Lu Han perhaps want to see me ? My heart starts beating faster at the thought.

 

When we are just outside our room, I grab Lu Han’s arm. He turns around, and I hug him tightly. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me back.

 

“Lu Han, you will know and see more of me than Tao, trust me” I say firmly, trying not to sound nervous.

 

I hear Lu Han laugh a little. “Mei, you’re cute. I’m not actually upset. Maybe a tiny bit jealous…” Lu Han says.

 

I look up at him and he stares back with his bright and beautiful eyes. Then he cups my face in his hands and kisses me. Again.