Chapter 11

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

I had to lie in bed the whole day. Lu Han stayed by my side most of the time, but he had to spend time hanging out with the other members, so they wouldn’t get suspicious. I was slowly getting better, but still lacked the energy to even get out of bed. I really hope I get well enough to go to Namsan Tower tomorrow.

 

At about 9:00 pm, Lu Han walks in the room.

 

“The other members are going back to their rooms to get ready for bed.” Lu Han says. “I’m going to take a shower, do you need anything?” He asks.

 

“No, I’m fine.” I say. “Sorry you have to see me like this. I was stupid to sit out in the rain.”

 

“Mei” Lu Han says looking straight at me. He looked hurt. “You need to stop apologizing for my wrongdoings. I was stupid to have caused you so much pain. Promise me you will never blame yourself for that again.”

 

I’m a little shocked at how seriously and desperately Lu Han said those words.

 

“Umm, ok, I promise.” I say. “But I have a question; I’ve been wanting to ask. Actually two.” I say in an attempt to change the subject and lighten the mood.

 

Lu Han’s face softens and he walks over to my bed.

 

“That picture, on your pillow. What does the writing say in Chinese?” I ask curiously.

 

“You saw that already?” He looked surprised and then laughs. “They’re part of the lyrics to the song ‘Into Your World’, the part when I sing ‘Heaven is at anytime and anywhere’, I wrote that because that night was like being in heaven”

 

Lu Han then walks over, grabs the picture, and hands it to me.  

 

“This is the only reason I sleep peacefully every night” He says looking at the picture. “Tomorrow night will be like this night all over again.” He smiles thoughtfully.

 

I look at the picture speechless. “Into Your World” is my favorite Exo song, and that night was absolutely incredible.

 

“So are you going to ask your second question?” Lu Han turns to look at me.

 

“Oh yeah, the journal. What’s that for?” I ask.

 

Lu Han grins. “You’re more curious than I thought. What would you do if I told you it was private?” He challenges.

 

“Then I wouldn’t force you to tell me.” I answer casually hiding the fact that I’m dying to know.

 

“Mei, you know I don’t keep any secrets from you.” Lu Han says while walking over to grab the journal. “I wrote this for you. I recorded the things that happened when we were apart, and I was planning on reading it to you one day, that is, unless you don’t really want to listen.” He starts to put the journal back.

 

“What? Of course I want to listen to what you wrote!!!” I exclaim.

 

“Haha” Lu Han just laughs. “I figured you would.”

 

 

Not long after the both of us went to sleep, I had a weird dream. In my dream, I was lost in a dark forest. I didn’t know where to go or how to get out. I was alone, but then I saw someone in the distance. I didn’t know who it was, but I ran to him and called his name. When I almost reached him, he disappeared. I woke up sweating, but I felt really cold for some reason. I suddenly got the chills. I was tightly wrapped in my blanket, but I was still freezing.

 

“Mei” Lu Han whispers. “Are you not feeling well?”

 

“I’m just a little cold.” I answer, surprised that he woke up. Was I making noises?

 

I hear Lu Han get out of his bed. He quietly walks over, loosens my blanket, and slips in with me. Omo! Even though I was just sleeping, I felt wide awake. Lu Han wrapped his arms tightly around me. At first, I hesitated, but then I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face in his chest. I was so comfortable despite being sick and rapidly pounding heart from being so close to Lu Han.

 

Lu Han kisses my forehead. “Better?” He asks softly.

 

I nod, and we both fall asleep in each other’s arms.

 

 

The next morning, I wake up when I hear someone come into the room. Lu Han and I both sit up at the same time, getting ready to come up with a good explanation for whoever saw us sleeping together.

 

“Chill you two, it’s just me” Min Young says with a sly grin. “I didn’t know you two were that intimate. What happened last night? What else do I not know?” She asks jokingly.

 

“Min Young, you scared us to death. Could you at least knock? Geez.” I complain. “And nothing happened, get out of your erted thoughts.” I turn to look at Lu Han who was blushing the slightest bit, and it made me snap back to reality. I guess I’m much braver when I wake up cranky in the morning.

 

“Whatever. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know, we are going to Namsan Tower this evening. We’ll go over at around 6:00 pm! See you soon!” Min Young skips out the room.  

 

When Min Young’s gone, Lu Han and I both get out of bed awkwardly.

 

“Uh…” Lu Han starts to clear his throat. He seems a bit nervous. “So…are you how are you feeling?” He asks.  

 

“Oh…uh…, I feel much better.” I say nervously myself. I pretty sure Lu Han is wondering if what he did last night was a little too much. As much as I want to tell him how much I enjoyed sleeping in his arms, I can’t seem to find the right words. “Thanks for…uh…taking care of me.” I finally manage to say.

 

 

At the SM building, the manager made me work extra hard because I didn’t practice yesterday due to my sickness. I almost had to dance as much as Kai, who definitely has to work the hardest because he has to learn so many dances. This was the first day I had to train with Kai and Se Hun, and compared to them, my dancing pretty much . Good thing all I have to do is dance in the back. At least they were both really nice and tried their best to help me out.

 

“Try to relax your arms.” Kai says while showing me how to appear more flexible.

 

I try to copy Kai’s move but end up making clumsy, stiff movements. I hear Se Hun trying to cover up a laugh from behind me.

 

“Ya, Se Hun be nice.” Kai shouts. “You were exactly like this when you first started dancing too”

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to laugh” Se Hun apologizes.

 

“It’s ok, Se Hun, I won’t be offended if you laugh” I say to Se Hun while purposefully dancing weirdly to make him laugh. I was really starting to bond with Kai and Se Hun. They are really fun to hang out around, no wonder Lu Han is always with them.

 

 

When practice finally ended for me, I had to quickly go back to the dorm to prepare for our evening at Namsan Tower. It didn’t take long, since I was just dressed up as a casual guy. When I get downstairs, Lu Han and Se Hun are already waiting. The three of us wait for Min Young, who takes the longest because she has to make sure she looks perfect. I notice that Se Hun is dressed quite nicely himself, but he has a jacket and hat so fans won’t recognize him. When Min Young walks out, she looks stunning. Se Hun isn’t even able to take his eyes off of her. I feel a bit jealous of her, since I have to dress as a guy, but I’m also happy to see how great of a couple she and Se Hun are. I turn to see that Lu Han isn’t even looking at Min Young, but instead he’s smiling at me.

 

“Ready to go?” Lu Han asks me.

 

“Ne” I answer, a little surprised at how Lu Han isn’t even interested in how beautiful Min Young looks.

 

 

The four of us take the bus to the outdoor elevators that lead to Namsan Tower. When we get to the first stop, Se Hun and Lu Han go and buy tickets.

 

“Lu Han seems to be handling this very well.” Min Young suddenly says.

 

“What do you mean?” I ask.

 

“I mean, he’s acting less awkward now that he knows you’re Myung Soo. I would’ve expected the opposite. We should’ve just told him from the beginning.” Min Young shrugs. “Oh well, it worked out”

 

I look over at Lu Han who is now paying for the tickets. He looks so perfect. I have doubts about whether or not I’m even good enough for him. He deserves a beautiful girlfriend, and here I am, dressed as a guy.

 

“Mei? Are you ok?” Min Young asks, waving her hand in front of my face.

 

“Oh, sorry, I was spacing out” I say.

 

When Se Hun and Lu Han get back with the tickets, we get in line to go up the staircase. There are a lot of people, so it takes quite a while. Finally, we get on the cable car, which was really fun to ride, but also really crowded. The view was amazing because the sky was already dark and the colorful city lights were all shining brightly.

 

At the top of the mountain, we get to see Namsan Tower up close. The light show was dazzling. Se Hun and Min Young go over to put their couple locks on the fence. I watch as they happily skip over.

 

“Mei” I hear Lu Han whisper softly close to my ear. I turn to look at him. He pulls out two beautiful heart shaped locks connected together from his pocket.

 

“Lu Han” I whisper back surprised.

 

“Only if you want to be forever in love together” Lu Han adds sweetly.

 

I’m speechless, so I end up just nodding.

 

After writing a message on our locks and attaching them to the fence, we throw away the key. We then walk over to a more secluded spot that also has a great view of Seoul.

 

“Lu Han?” I start to ask.

 

“Hmm?” He answers.

 

“Will you sing ‘Into Your World’?” I ask shyly.

 

“I will sing it as many times as you want me to” Lu Han says with a smile. Then he begins to sing in his angelic voice…