Chapter 3

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Min Young’s POV

 

Omo! I’m so excited for Mei’s, I mean, Myung Soo’s arrival! Gosh, I gotta get used to using that name; it would be just horrible if I accidentally called her Mei. It seems like the Exo members are even more excited than I am. I expected them to be a little unsure of how this whole “new member” thing would work out, but they’re all like little children ready to make a new friend. Haha :D They can’t even stop talking about it.

 

“So, this new guy, his name’s Myung Soo, right?” I overhear D.O. ask the other members.

 

“Isn’t that the same name as L from Infinite?” Baekhyun asks.

 

“Now that you mention it, yeah I guess it is.” Tao replies.

 

“The name really doesn’t matter. He’s going to get a stage name anyways, unless they decide to just keep it as Myung Soo. Our manager said he speaks Chinese, Korean, and English fluently. Looks like you’ve got some competition, eh Kris?” Chanyeol says turning to look at Kris.

 

Kris just smirks. “We’re a team, so it’s not really considered competition.”

 

“Guys, we still haven’t figured out who this new guy’s going to room with.” Xiu Min interrupts.

 

“He can room with me, since Se Hun now rooms with Min Young.” Su Ho offers.

 

“I think he should room with someone from Exo-M because I heard one trainer mention the new member’s Korean isn’t as good as his Chinese or English.” Chen said.

 

“Chen, tsk, tsk, you’re just coming up with excuses to spend more time with the new member” Kai jokes.

 

“Aniyo, I’m not trying to say he should room with me. I’m just throwing a suggestion out there.” Chen defends.

Kai laughs. “Right. Whatever you say…”

 

“I think he should room with Lu Han” Kris suddenly steps in.

 

All of the members turn to look at him questioningly.

 

“I think I should move into to Su Ho’s room since we’re Exo-M and Exo-K’s leaders. That way we’ll have more time to discuss the newly combined Exo’s image and how we want to handle the decision making.” Kris continues. “That leaves Lu Han alone with a spot for the new member.”

 

My mouth falls open, and I’m standing there staring at Kris. Good thing no one’s paying attention to me or else they would think I was crazy. But seriously? What are the odds of things turning out the way they are? It can’t be a coincidence that Kris just happens to decide the new member (ahem, Mei) should room with Lu Han. It must be that whole destiny thing again…ah jinja!

 

“Kris’s idea makes sense. We need to figure out how this combined thing is going to work, and it would be best if the two leaders bonded more.” Lay adds. “Besides, out of all of us, Lu Han would be the best at making the new member feel welcomed. “

 

 “Yes, it does seem to be the most logical arrangement.” Su Ho agrees and then turns to Lu Han. “What do you think, Lu Han?”

 

“Ye, I’m fine with rooming with the new member.” Lu Han replies respectfully.

 

The rest of the members start looking around at each other and conversing.

 

“Neh!!” some of them shout in unison while others just nodded.

 

“Then it’s settled” Kris says.  

 

 

That night after dinner, Se Hun and I were chatting in the bedroom we shared. We don’t sleep on the same bed because we’re not a married couple or anything. Instead, there are 2 individual beds on opposite sides of the room. Se Hun is partly like my boyfriend and partly like an older brother, just for now. He just came out of the shower.

 

“Are you excited to pick up the new member from the airport tomorrow?” I ask him curiously.

 

“Yeah, it should be fun. Let’s try referring to him as Myung Soo, I want to get used to calling him that.” Se Hun says while drying his wet hair with a towel.

 

“Ok. The members won’t be too obsessed with him right? I mean, you’ll all be busy and hardly notice he’s even there right?” I ask cautiously, hoping they won’t start recognizing or suspecting anything.

 

“Haha, Min Young, you’re so cute. Are you afraid I’ll be spending so much time with him that I’ll forget about you?” Se Hun looks at me with caring eyes.

 

“No. I was just..” I try to find something to say to cover up what I truly wanted to know.

 

“That would never happen.” Se Hun says coming to sit at the side of my bed. “You’ll always be my first priority.” He smiles sweetly. “Now, we should probably go to bed now, we have to leave early to the airport tomorrow.”

 

“Araso.” I say and crawl under my blanket.

 

Se Hun turns off the lights and it’s quite except for the occasional car driving by on the street outside.