Chapter 15

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

The next couple of days were spent packing for our upcoming trip. Most of the members were fine with Se Hun’s unexpected choice of going to Jeju Island, but others were jealous that Se Hun got to choose.

 

“Se Hun, why did you choose Jeju?” Lu Han asks curiously, while neatly folding the last of his clothes and placing them in his suitcase.

 

“Nice weather” Se Hun answers with a sly grin. He then looks over at Min Young who giggles when their eyes meet.

 

“Oh please” Kai says walking into the room. He must’ve overheard their conversation. “We all know you chose Jeju because of her” Kai says pointing to Min Young, who blushes slightly. “Trying to rub in the fact that you’re the only one with a girl” Kai smirks.

 

“Ya!What about Lu Han? Huh? He has..uhhh” Se Hun stops and looks over at Min Young, who still doesn’t know that I revealed myself to Kai. She’s staring at Se Hun and mouthing the words: What are you doing?

 

“I already know” Kai blurts out.

 

“What?!?! Since when?” Min Young looks over at Se Hun shocked.

 

“It’s ok, Min Young, I told him.” I say before Min Young accuses Se Hun. After a long convincing explanation, I finally manage to console Min Young, who was about to freak out.

 

“Fine, but no more of your revelations” Min Young says crossing her arms.

 

“Anyways, back to what I was saying” Se Hun interrupts. “You can’t say I’m being selfish because I was also considering Lu Han and Mei, I mean Myung Soo.” Se Hun says to Kai.    

 

“You’re statement would make sense if you didn’t forget the fact that Mei, here, is supposed to be a guy. How can Lu Han and Mei have a good time without someone finding out?” Kai questions.

 

“Ya, stop talking so loudly. Someone will hear you.” Min Young half whispers.

 

“Min Young, chill, no one will hear us” Just as Kai says that, Baekhyun walks in with Chanyeol.

 

“Hear what?” Baekhyun asks.

 

“Nothing!” Min Young, Kai, Lu Han, Se Hun, and I shout at the same time.

 

“That totally means there’s definitely something” Chanyeol laughs.

 

“There’s a secret they’re hiding” Baekhyun says grinning, then there’s an awkwardly tense silence. Chanyeol is looking at all of us with his “creepy” smile, as some people call it. Se Hun’s hands are shaking a little. Kai’s looking at his feet. Min Young basically stopped breathing. Lu Han is starring at Baekhyun mouth opened slightly.

 

A few seconds later, both Chanyeol and Baekhyun burst out laughing.

 

“Just kidding!” Baekhyun shouts in between laughs. “Man, you guys should’ve seen the looks on your faces!”   

 

“We’re just playing, not need to take it so seriously” Chanyeol says. “By the way, we just came up to tell you guys to hurry cause we’re leaving soon”

 

“Aaa, araso” Lu Han says trying to laugh a little.

 

 

The 14 of us take 3 separate vans to the airport. I was in a van #2 with none other than: Min Young, Se Hun, Lu Han, and Kai. Van #1 had Su Ho, Kris, Lay, and Xiu Min. Van # 3 had Chen, Tao, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol.

 

At the airport, some fans recognized Exo and started taking pictures with their cell phones. Some of the Exo member waved and smiled, which made the fans squeal with excitement.

 

“Anyone who needs the restroom should probably go now before we board the plane.” Kris announces.

 

Most of the members go, which leaves me alone with Kris. Lay’s there too, but he’s just sitting and minding his own business. I needed to go but obviously couldn’t. I’ll just use the one on the plane.

 

“How’s training so far?” Kris suddenly asks. “Sorry, I never got to properly meet you. I heard from the other members that you are quite a good singer. I hope you are enjoying being a part of our group.” Kris smiles which takes me by surprise. He seems like a really nice guy despite his intense facial expressions.

 

“Ah, ne, the members are too kind. I feel very welcomed” I say while nodding a little. I’m not as nervous talking to Kris, which is a little surprising. He somehow makes me feel very comfortable.

 

The members are starting to come out of the bathroom now. I watch at Su Ho walks over. He turns to me, nods, and greets me with a smile.

 

“Kris, I think we’re all ready to go” Su Ho says turning to Kris.

 

Flying to Jeju Island only takes about an hour from Seoul. We were on a private jet, so there wasn’t any trouble with fans or anything. When we finally arrived, the members all seemed super excited.

 

SM had reserved 4 rooms for the 14 of us. Min Young and Se Hun were the lucky 2 people who got a room to themselves, because of course; SM couldn’t have a girl share a room with any other member besides Se Hun. That meant I had to share a room with 3 other guys. Tsk, tsk, little does SM know…

 

There’s good news and bad news. Good news is, I end up in the same room as Lu Han. Bad news is, we also have to share with the Baekyeol couple (a.k.a. Baekhyun and Chanyeol). As much as I enjoy being around Baekhyun and Chanyeol, it’s totally different knowing I have to sleep 2 feet away from them.

 

So the room arrangements are as follows:

 

Room 1: Su Ho, Kris, Chen, and Xiu Min

 

Room 2: Se Hun and Min Young (lucky love birds)

 

Room 3: Lay, Tao, D.O., and Kai

 

Room 4: Me, Lu Han, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol

 

Lu Han offers to carry my suitcase up to the hotel. I try to decline, telling him that it would look weird, but he said it would be fine. Halfway up the stairs:

 

“Ya, Lu Han, how come you’re helping Myung Soo with his suitcase?” Baekhyun asks.  

 

“Myung Soo and I are friends. We like to help each other out.” Lu Han says matter-of-factly.

 

 “Chanyeolie, you should help me like Lu Han is helping Myung Soo” Baekhyun whines. I can’t tell if he’s being serious or joking around.

 

“Ah, araso” Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun’s suitcase and carries it up the stairs. If I didn’t know better, I would’ve have thought they were a married couple. I cover my mouth to prevent myself from laughing.

 

The room smells clean, looks spacious, and has a wonderful view of the ocean. I notice that there are only 2 queen beds. Should’ve known there wouldn’t be 4 beds in one hotel room.

 

“What’s the plan for today?” I ask when all of our stuff is unpacked.

 

“I don’t think there’s anything planned today. The adventure starts tomorrow.” Chanyeol answers.

 

“Ne, today we just get to relax and rest for tomorrow” Baekhyun adds.

 

“Did you have anything in mind?” Lu Han asks me curiously.

 

“Oh, aniyo” I answer.

 

 

That night after dinner, the members all head back to their rooms to sleep. Baekhyun and Chanyeol just crash on the bed the moment we walk in.

 

“Ya, aren’t you guys going to shower?” Lu Han asks both of at the same time.

 

“You go ahead; we’ll go after you guys” Chanyeol answers.

 

Lu Han starts to walk over to grab clean clothes, and I walk over and sit on the bed.

 

“Aren’t you going too, Myung Soo?” Baekhyun asks curiously, but innocently.

 

I freeze, unable to decide what to say.

 

“Uhhh… we’re not close enough to do that yet” I answer trying to sound normal.

 

“But Lu Han said you guys are friends. You guys have been roommates for 2 months now. He even carried your suitcase…” Chanyeol says deep in thought.

 

“Hehe, don’t think of this weirdly, it’s just something all of the members do. It’s faster when we share.” Baekhyun says.

 

“It’s fine with me. Myung Soo, come on” Lu Han says, leaving me stunned. What is he doing? Is he seriously planning on showering with me?

 

I turn to Lu Han, giving him a “WTF?!?!” look. All he does is signals me to go into the bathroom. I have no choice but to follow.

 

Inside the bathroom, Lu Han shuts the door and turns to me.

 

“Don’t worry; we’re not going to shower together” Lu Han whispers. “You can shower first while I turn around and wait. Then I’ll shower and you can wait.”

 

“Ah, so that was your plan” I say relieved.

 

Lu Han walks over and looks out the small window in the bathroom, trying to show that he at least has something to do. I’m really nervous, but I know Lu Han would never turn around or deceive me. As I’m showering Lu Han quietly sings by the window. His soothing voice relaxes me.

 

When it’s Lu Han’s turn to shower, I walk over to the window to look out as well. The sky is dark and there’s just the slightest tinge of orange from the sunset left.

 

 

After Lu Han finishes, we both walk out of the bathroom together.

 

“Finally!” Chanyeol shouts, running into the bathroom. “Come on Baekhyunie!”

 

I watch as Baekhyun skips into the bathroom behind Chanyeol.

 

Not long after, I hear the water turn on. Baekhyun and Chanyeol both start singing freely and laughing. They sound like they’re having fun.

 

When they both finish, they come out playfully pushing each other and messing around.

 

Lu Han and I are watching T.V., but not really paying attention because Baekhyun and Chanyeol are pretty amusing to watch. They act out some CFs, which make us all laugh like crazy. Eventually, they both get tired and crash back on their bed.    

 

 I lie down on one side of the bed Lu Han and I are sharing. Lu Han quickly turns off the lights and slips in as well.

 

I’m not tired enough to go to sleep just yet and neither is Lu Han.

 

“Can’t sleep?” Lu Han whispers.

 

“Not yet” I answer.

 

He moves closer to my side and puts his arm around me.

 

“Ya, don’t forget about Baekhyun and Chanyeol” I remind Lu Han.

 

Lu Han silently laughs.

 

“I don’t think they’ll know or care. Just look at them.” Lu Han points over to the other bed. I raise my head and look. Baekhyun has one leg swung over Chanyeol’s waist. Chanyeol has his arm over Baekhyun’s head, and they both look fast asleep.

 

It doesn’t look like they’ll be waking up anytime soon, but I still have doubts.

 

“Are you sure?” I ask Lu Han.

 

 “Mei, I’m not going to let this disguise of yours prevent me from treating you as My Lady” Lu Han whispers and hugs me tighter.