Chapter 22

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

It’s so much nicer to not have to keep any secrets from the Exo members. Now I’m regretting not telling them earlier. Min Young was just being paranoid. I’m getting along so well with all of the members now. They were all very nice before, but now they’re extra friendly because they know I’m a girl (and they know I’m Lu Han’s girlfriend).

We arrived in Seoul close to noon. Kris told us we have to unpack and head to the studio to start recording and learning the dance for our first teasers.

 

All of the members were rushing, grabbing random suitcases and running up to their rooms. All of our suitcases looked the same, so I wasn’t exactly sure if I grabbed the right one. Right when I was about to carry the suitcase I had grabbed upstairs, Baekhyun ran down apologizing and blushing.

 

“Miane, Mei” Baekhyun looks down “I accidentally grabbed your suitcase.”

 

“It’s ok Baekhyun. All of our suitcases are the same; it’s not surprising you grabbed the wrong one.” I say.  Baekhyun still looks kind of troubled.

 

“Ya, Baekhyun, why are you so nervous and embarrassed?” Kai says, seeing how red Baekhyun face is.

 

Baekhyun bites his lip. “Well, you see, I was really trying to unpack quickly so I took a lot of things out before I even realized none of it was mine.”

 

“So, just put it all back in Mei’s suitcase” Se Hun says from the stairs where he was starting to walk up.

 

“That’s kind of the problem. My dresser is right next to the window, and Chanyeol opened the window because it was hot and dusty in the room. And…well…Mei’s…uh… bra kinda fell out the window.”Baekhyun winces at the last few words.

 

“MWUH?!?!” I scream involuntarily. Se Hun just bursts out laughing.

 

“Just go out and get it.” Kai says casually.

 

“I would, but there’s another problem” Baekhyun scratches his head “The people on the streets saw it fall out”

 

Then Lu Han comes running down the stairs.

 

“You guys, Uh, I think we have a problem” Lu Han says worried. He points out the window. We all run over to see.

 

Sure enough, there were about 5 girls standing on the sidewalk holding my bra. They were looking up at our dorm and shouting for someone to come out.

 

“Do people know you guys live here?” I ask looking at Lu Han, Se Hun, Baekhyun, and Kai. They all shake their heads. “Well, I guess I could just go out and get it.”

 

“Wait!” Kai shouts. “You’re going to debut as Exo’s 13thmember soon; you can’t just go out and claim a bra. They’ll think you have a girlfriend and you’ve been…you know”

 

“As erted as that sounds, Kai’s right” Lu Han adds.

 

“How about we get Min Young to do it?” Se Hun suggests.

 

“Good plan. No one knows her.” Baekhyun says. Se Hun glares at Baekhyun for insulting his girlfriend.

 

“Mian, I didn’t mean it in a bad way.” Baekhyun raises his arms defensively.

 

So we end up getting Min Young to walk out of the dorm to retrieve me bra. It wasn’t a big deal, the girls outside were nice. When Min Young comes back in the dorm, she tosses the bra at me, but because of her uncoordinated throw, it landed on Baekhyun’s head.

 

“Ahhhh!” Baekhyun shouts. “What was that for?” He shakes his head to make it fall to the ground.

 

“Bad throw” Min Young says casually. “Just give it to Mei”

 

Kai and Se Hun start to giggle because Baekhyun has to pick up my bra. Baekhyun doesn’t seem to mind, and quickly picks it up and hands it to me.

 

 

Later, at the dance studio, I’m practicing with Lu Han, Se Hun, and Kai because the four of us will be in the first teaser together. Baekhyun, Chen, D.O. will be singing part of the song for the teaser. Right in the middle of practice, the choreographer announced that special guests would be arriving to give us a little support and words of encouragement for our combined debut. I’m really curious to find out they are, but Lu Han, Se Hun, and Kai seem to already know.

 

They’re laughing and whispering in each others ears.

 

“Ya, who are they?” I ask a little annoyed that they aren’t telling me.

 

“It’s better if it’s a surprise.” Kai says. Se Hun nods in agreement. I turn to look at Lu Han.

 

“You will find out soon. I know you like them.” Lu Han smiles. “I want to see your happy face when they come.”

 

So even Lu Han knows and isn’t telling me…who could they be?

 

A few minutes pass and we keep dancing. Then, the members all stop as they hear the door open. I turn and see none other than…

 

SHINEE!!!!! There’s Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho, and Taemin!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! (I silently scream in my head)

SHINee+Hello.png

My eyes widen and I try not to scream like a fan girl. It’s so hard to suppress my excitement. I stand frozen as Kai runs to Taemin to give him a bro hug. Lu Han and Se Hun run over to Jonghyun, Minho, Key, and Onew and give them high fives and hugs. Onew peeks over Se Hun’s shoulder when he notices me standing, not having moved an inch.

 

“Oh, is that who I think it is?” Onew says out loud. He waves to me in an extremely friendly way.

 

I smile shyly and wave back. Then Taemin, Jonghyun, Key, and Minho start walking over to me.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Shinee-imnida!” They say and bow.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Myung Soo-imnida” I say smiling so wide it probably looks a little stupid, but how am I supposed to help it when Shinee’s freakin 2 feet away.

 

“Welcome to the SM family” Jonghyun says.

 

“We’re looking forward to becoming close friends with you” Minho says patting my shoulder.

 

“Ne, best of luck with your debut” Taemin adds smiling cutely.

 

“Kamsahamnida!” I say and bow 90 degrees. They are all just as nice and friendly as I expected, and they look even more handsome in person. Wow.

 

“We’ll all be even closer when we go on you-know-what together” Kai says winking at Taemin. Taemin smiles.

 

“Ya, Kai just say it. I’m sure Myung Soo would like to hear.” Taemin says. Kai just laughs.

 

I look around confused. Then Key finally walks up to me to explain.

 

“Shinee and a few Exo members are going on a variety show together after you’re debut.” Key says smiling and tilting his head to the side.

 

“It’ll be so much fun!” Se Hun says.

 

“Ya, you’re the one who’s always nervous on camera” Lu Han jokes looking at Se Hun with a wide smile.

 

“I’ve gotten better, and I meant that the games we play are fun” Se Hun defends and makes pouty lips.

 

Everyone starts laughing.