Chapter 7

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Lu Han’s POV


 

The next morning, I wake up to the bright sun shining through the window. The first day of training for our combined comeback has finally arrived. I hear noises coming from the other rooms. The members are all busy getting out of bed. I look to see if Myung Soo is awake, but he seems to be fast asleep. The way he sleeps is oddly familiar… mouth wide open, body slanted sideways, hair messy…and then I finally realize! He sleeps exactly like Mei! How can this be? Maybe Mei’s sleeping habits aren’t as unusual as I thought? I walk closer to get a closer look. I’m bending down closer to him when he suddenly opens his eyes.

 

“Ah!” Myung Soo shouts and covers his face with his blanket.

 

“Miane” I apologize. “It’s just that your sleeping habits remind me of someone I know.” I explain.

 

“Ummm, that’s ok, but can you nnnot ggget so ccclose? I..umm. sorta have a…umm.. a condition where I need a lot of personal space.” Myung Soo stutters.

 

“Oh, sorry, I won’t get so close next time” I say. Hmmm. That’s weird, I’ve never heard of that kind of condition except maybe claustrophobia, but then wouldn’t he also have problems with tight spaces? He was fine last night during hide-and-seek…

 

“Lu Han! Myung Soo! Hurry up! We’re going to be late!” I hear Su Ho shout from downstairs.

 

“Araso! We’ll be right there!” I shout back.

 

I quickly run into the bathroom forgetting to offer Myung Soo to go first. Oh well.

 

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

OMG! That was close! Way too risky, now I can’t even sleep peacefully. From now on, I’ll always have to be on guard. Maybe I should sleep with an eye mask on… I cautiously peak out of the blanket, but Lu Han’s gone. Hmm, I wonder where he went. Did he go downstairs? I shrug and head towards the bathroom. Did I leave the bathroom door closed last night? I turn the doorknob and walk in to see a half Lu Han.

 

“OMO!!!” I scream, cover my eyes, and quickly close the door.

 

It wasn’t long before Lu Han opens the door and walks out shirtless with a raised eyebrow. When I see him, I quickly turn around.

 

“Are you alright? Did I do something wrong?” Lu Han asks.

 

 “Ummm, no. I was just surprised, that’s all.” I answer trying not to sound like it’s a big deal.

 

“Ok, you can use the bathroom now.” Lu Han says while walking over to his dresser.

 

I turn around and start walking towards the bathroom. I try not to, but I can’t help but take a peek at him. He’s facing the dresser, so I can only see his back. Omo! His back is so hot! The skin is smooth, and the shape and curves are too perfect. Drool*

 

Lu Han turns around and catches me staring dreamily at his back. I quickly rush into the bathroom. When I close the door, I close my eyes and sigh. I’m being so dumb, now he’s probably going to find out. But I don’t even really want to hide it from him anymore…I came to Korea to be with him…and now I’m so close yet so far away from him…

 

Min Young’s POV

 

Se Hun and I are eating breakfast at the table with the other Exo members when Lu Han and Myung Soo/Mei appear. We all look up at them. They both seem kind of uncomfortable and nervous around each other. Please tell me Myung Soo/ Mei didn’t mess this up.

 

“Hey, you guys are up!” Baekhyun shouts cheerfully.

 

“Took you long enough” Kai says.

 

Lu Han sits across from me, and Myung Soo/Mei sits next to me. Kris and Su Ho are in the living room chatting about something, so I figure it’s ok if I speak to Myung Soo/Mei in English.  

 

“How was last night? He still doesn’t know, does he?” I ask Myung Soo/Mei.

 

“I don’t know anymore. He might be on to me.” Myung Soo/Mei answers. She proceeds to tell me everything that happened last night as quickly as she can.

 

“Omo! You can’t let him find out!” I say raising my voice a little. Se Hun turns to me with a questioningly look.

 

“Myung Soo is just telling me about American news” I quickly lie in Korean to Se Hun.

 

“Ahh” Se Hun nods and goes back to eating.

 

“Make sure you are more careful from now on.” I say to Myung Soo’Mei in English.

 

“Ok, I’ll try…” she answers.

 

Lu Han’s POV

 

It’s either just me, or Myung Soo is a really odd person. We’re driving over to the SM building and he keeps his head down the whole time, so no one can see his face. Maybe he’s nervous. When we arrive, the manager separates us into different rooms so we get to work with separate choreographers. I’m in a room with Se Hun and Kai. While we are waiting for the choreographer to arrive, I start a conversation.

 

“Do either of you think there’s something odd about Myung Soo?” I ask.

 

Both of them turn to look at me curiously.

 

“What do you mean?” Se Hun asks.

 

I tell them about what happened this morning, and Kai bursts out laughing.

 

“I think you are seeing things that aren’t there. You probably just miss Mei so much it’s like you’re seeing her everywhere.” Kai explains.

 

“Yeah, and besides, he was probably just surprised when he saw you in the bathroom because in America guys aren’t as open with each other. Plus, he barely knows you.” Se Hun adds.

 

“What do you mean guys aren’t as open with each other in America? They share locker rooms and stuff. Myung Soo practically acted like a girl. I was only shirtless, and I had my boxers on.” I counter. 

 

“Just try to calm down, it’s not even possible that he’s Mei because Mei doesn’t speak Korean remember. You should ask Min Young how Mei’s doing, so you can get your mind off of Myung Soo. You’re probably just love sick.” Kai says with a smirk. Before I can answer, the choreographer walks into the room.

 

After a 3 hour dance practice, we head over to do vocal training. Myung Soo, Baekhyun, and Chen are just finishing up. Why did they pair Myung Soo with Exo’s best vocalists? Is his voicethat good? Kai, Se Hun, and I listen while they finish the last bit of their song. Wow, Myung Soo’s voice can go really high, almost higher than Chen’s.

 

“Myung Soo’s voice is pretty impressive. Don’t you think?” I overhear Se Hun say to Kai.

 

“Yeah” Kai answers. “But, Lu Han here is probably going to say this further confirms his theory that Myung Soo’s a girl.” Kai jokes and starts laughing and turns to look at me.

 

“What? That thought never even crossed my mind!” I shout. But now that Kai mentions it, Myung Soo’s voice does seem a little feminine.

 

When it’s finally our turn to sing, I prepare myself by warming up my voice. I’m trying to get myself in the “singing mood”, but I notice that Myung Soo is staring at me through the glass. He doesn’t seem to realize I know he’s watching me. The look in his eyes is hard to read, but it seems like… sadness or… longing… Aish, what I’m I doing?!

 

“LU HAN!!” I hear my vocal trainer shout. “Pay attention”

 

“Choesonghamnida” I apologize. Then Kai and Se Hun both look at me with a concerned look. Ugh, they probably saw me looking at Myung Soo.

 

When Myung Soo, Baekhyun, and Chen finally leave, I can finally fully focus on my singing. Two hours later, training ends and all the members head back to the dorm.

 

 Kai, Se Hun, and I are the last to get off of the van. When the rest of the members are already inside, Kai stops me.

 

“Lu Han, I think you need some help.” Kai says looking me straight in the eye.

 

“What are you talking about?” I ask confused.

 

“You’re falling for Myung Soo because you think he’s a girl” Se Hun replies.

 

“What?!?! No I’m not” I defend getting a little worked up.

 

“Calm down, we know you’re going to deny this, and hide all of your problems, but we’re all guys here and we know you are in need of…” Kai stops.

 

“A GIRL” Se Hun finishes for him.

 

“That doesn’t even make any sense” I close my eyes and shake my head. “Kai, you don’t have a girlfriend and you’re fine” I point out.

 

“Yeah, but I’ve never fallen in love before. See, you had Mei and now that she not here there’s an empty void that you are desperately trying to fill” Kai explains.

 

“Yeah, I would probably be the exact same way if I was apart from Min Young” Se Hun adds.  

 

“But I was apart from Mei for a year, and I’ve never had any problems until now” I say.

 

Kai seems to be thinking now. “Well, maybe there’s a certain amount of time it takes for symptoms of lovesickness to show” He suggests.

 

“There’s no such thing as lovesickness, it’s not even a real disease” I say. “And why are you guys bringing this up anyways?” I ask.

 

“Well, we had an idea of how to fix your problems” Se Hun replies.

 

“We were thinking you should go on a date with a girl and familiarize yourself with what a girl actually is.” Kai says wincing a little because he knew I would explode when I heard that idea.

 

“WHAT?!?! YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!!! SUGGESTING I CHEAT ON MEI?!!? THERE IS NO WAY! NEVER!” I shout loud enough for the birds to fly out from the tree.

 

“Lu Han, calm down” Se Hun says lightly. “We were just trying to help”

 

“Help ruin my relationship with Mei? Is that it?” I say angrily. I’ve never felt so disgusted in my life.

 

“We were just considering what was best for you and Exo as a whole.” Kai says looking at the sky then back to me. “We aren’t suggesting you get a new girlfriend, but just to go on one date. That’s it. You think Myung Soo is a girl because you’ve probably forgotten what a real girl is. If this keeps going on, you’ll be making things uncomfortable for not only yourself but for Myung Soo as well. You don’t want Myung Soo to leave Exo if he’s uncomfortable living with you, do you?”

 

I think about what Kai said. Would I be ruining Exo’s chance of a successful combined debut? No, that can’t happen, but how can I date another girl even if it’s just once?

 

“Don’t worry hyung. We’ll find you a girl and you just have to spend one day with her.” Se Hun says.

 

“I’m going to agree to your plan just this once for Exo, but don’t expect me to do go on more than one stupid date” I say looking at both Se Hun and Kai seriously.

 

They both nod, and the three of us head up to the dorm.