Chapter 28

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I left this story unfinished for such a loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg time. I really shouldn't have left you guys hanging, and I'm truely terribly sorry. I almost gave up on the story, but I felt like it really needed closure. EXO's comeback and success with "Growl" has brought me back again. SO here it finally is! I hope it's not too bad. And again I apologize. *bowing 180 degrees

 

 

 

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

Finally the day to film Dream Team with EXO and SHINee arrived. I was so nervous that I could barely sleep the night before. The 5 of us took the van over to the filming site at around 6 am because hair and make-up would take at least 2 hours.

In the van, we were all really tired because it was so early in the morning. Lu Han had his eyes closed listening to music through his headphones. Se Hun was fast asleep with his mouth wide open.

“Are you nervous?” Kai asks me.

Before I can answer Kai’s self explanatory question, Baekhyun butts in and answers for me. “She has to be nervous, all of Korea will be watching.”

“Thanks for reminding me Baekhyun, I really appreciate it” I say sarcastically.

When we arrive at the indoor track arena, I notice that it’s the same place SNSD filmed their episode of Dream Team. We walk over to the dressing room area, only to see Tao already sitting in front of the mirror getting his hair done.

“What are you doing here, Tao?” Kai asks surprised.

“Hey guys, manager personally drove me here. He said not any one of you guys could beat SHINee’s Minho at any of the events today, so I had to come in place of Baekhyun. And He’s right, you guys need me.” Tao answers with a cocky smirk.

“Wait, does that mean I don’t have to be here?” Baekhyun asks excitedly.

“I guess, unless you wanted to watch” Tao says with a shrug.

“No thanks. That means Chanyeolie and I can-“Baekhyun stops before he says anymore. He turns around and starts to run towards the door. “See ya later!”

When we finish getting ready, we see that SHINee and the MC are already waiting for us.

Kai runs over and high fives Taemin. Jonghyun and Onew wave to us.

When the filming begins the MC introduces both teams and the first event. It turns out to be that one game where there is one bar that two people have to hang on and use their legs to make the other person let go of the bar.

“First up, Taemin!” The MC announces. “Who do you want to go against?”

Taemin laughs. “Kai” He says with a mischievous smile.  

“I knew it, you’re going down” Kai says playfully.

They wrestle for quite a while, but Taemin eventually gets a hold of Kai by wrapping his legs around Kai’s waist. It’s not long before Kai can’t take it anymore and lets go of the bar.

“OOoooo, and Kai goes down!” The MC narrates.

The next rounds go pretty fast. Lu Han takes down Key and Minho beats Se Hun. There are only 4 of us who still haven’t gone. Jonghyun, Tao, Onew, and me. I can tell Tao is a little frustrated that Minho chose to go against Se Hun.

“Alright! Up next let’s have Jonghyun-ssi” The MC says.

Jonghyun walks to the center and looks at Tao and I.

“I choose Tao” Jonghyun says, pointing at Tao.

“Yes” Tao whispers while fist pumping.

I notice that with Tao being quite a bit taller than Jonghyun seems to have an advantage because it’s not long before Jonghyun gives up under Tao’s tight hold.

“Oh, and Tao is the winner” The MC announces. “That was impressive, who could’ve predicted this result. Nice job, Tao-ssi”

I notice Tao roll his eyes and give the MC his signature -please look.  Luckily the MC was too busy announcing that Onew and I were next.

 

Onew’s POV

 

Pheww, thank goodness Jonghyun chose Tao, he looks a lot scarier than the scrawny short one. Hehe

“Now SHINee and EXO are tied at 2-2” The MC says. “This is the deciding round. Onew vs. Myung Soo!”

“Good luck!” I say to Myung Soo.

“Thanks, you too” He replies back a little nervously.

We both jump to grab the bar at the same time, but with me being taller, I reach the bar first. I quickly attempt to wrap my legs around Myung Soo’s waist and succeed in doing so. While he’s struggling, I notice that he has a particularly nice S-line. Guys don’t usually have near 20 inch waists do they?

“Don’t give up Myung Soo!” I hear Kai cheer in the back.

“You can do it!” Se Hun adds. I notice that neither Tao nor Lu Han are cheering. Lu Han looks a bit…worried?

I shrug and proceed to wrap my legs higher up near Myung Soo’s chest.  It’s not long before I reach something…squishy?????? I hear Myung Soo gasp and he quickly lets go of the bar.