Chapter 14

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

Practice the next day was pretty normal, borderline average, and could probably even be considered quite boring. It’s not like me to complain about practice, but compare to all that fun yesterday, today just seems a little dull. Even Chen and Baekhyun looked tired and lifeless compared to their usually uplifting spirit. Maybe they were just getting tired of doing the same thing everyday, with no signs of knowing when their first performance would be.

 

“When’s the long awaited combined debut?” Chen suddenly asks. Looking at no one in particular, kind of just staring at the ground.

 

“Knowing the way SM like to operate with us, it’ll probably be after a bunch of teasers.” Baekhyun answers.

 

“Ugh, not that again” Chen looks disappointed. “How many do you think there’ll be this time?”

 

“At least 20” Baekhyun answers casually. “Hey, Myung Soo, ready for some hard core video recording? I bet you’ll have more teasers than Kai this time since you’re new. SM loves new things.”

  

“But I’m not even that good at dancing” I say.

 

"Remember what they say, 90% looks" Baekhyun jokes. I can't help but blush. Everyone seems to think I look really attractive...as a guy. I knew Baekhyun was just kidding because everyone knows SM has some really talented artists. I mean, even Baekhyun himself has the voice of an angel. Not to mention Chen, Su Ho,and D.O. who all have incredible vocal skills. Kai, Lay, and Se Hun's dance skills are unmatched. Who can even questions Kris, Chanyeol, and Tao's rapping? Then their's the well rounded Lu Han, who's good at almost everything. Xiu Min is up there as well. Huh, 90% looks, more like 100% talents + looks.  

 

Before anymore can be said, the door to the vocal training room that we were in, opens.  It was Se Hun, breathless, looking like he had just sprinted up 10 flights of stairs.

 

“Hyungs!!! Uh…errr…yeah” Se Hun screams excitedly. He almost corrected himself upon seeing me because calling me “hyung” was kind of weird for him, but good thing he caught himself in time. “Guess what!!?!?!”

 

"What?!" Baekhyun and Chen ask at the same time.

 

"There's...Kris..." Se Hun can barely say it trying to catch his breath.

 

“Ya, Se Hun, just spit it out” Chen says impatiently but playfully.

 

“Kris called a meeting for the members. It’s to discuss something very important.” Se Hun giggles like a little kid when he finally calms down.

 

“Why are you so excited about that? It looks like there’s more that you’re not telling us.” Baekhyun says, narrowing his eyes.  

 

“It’s a surprise” Se Hun says. “Come on!” He signals us to follow him.

 

The four of us walk down the hall to Exo’s “special meeting room”. It’s actually just a lounge for them to relax with beautiful glass windows. The view of Seoul is amazing; it was a nice and sunny morning.

 

I look around the room. The other members are already waiting for us. Baekhyun immediately runs over to Chanyeol and Tao. They start whispering something I can’t here, but it’s quite obvious none of them know what’s going on. Kris and Su Ho are standing up looking to make sure everyone’s here. Kris looks serious and intimidating, but Su Ho’s smiling warmly. They both look like great leaders. The perfect combination.

 

“Now that everyone is here, we can begin” Kris announces.

 

“As you all know, our debut as a combined group is quite a long time from now” Su Ho begins.

 

“Then why have we started to train so early?” Tao interrupts.

 

“Yeah, we’re tired even before our first performance” D.O. adds

 

The other members start to complain and whisper amongst themselves.

 

“Please calm down, we have good news” Su Ho says soothingly. Everyone stops and the room is silent. All eyes are on the 2 leaders. Wow, the members truly have unyielding respect for Kris and Su Ho. Impressive.

 

Kris continues as if uninterrupted. “SM has realized that they don’t want us to be overworked before we even start our promotions, so they have kindly prepared something special for us.”

 

“They have arranged for a 2 week vacation for all of us” Su Ho says.

 

Then all the members jump up and shout with joy. All except Se Hun, who’s grinning with his arms crossed. He looks like he’s already known about this for a while. I wonder why he was the only one besides the 2 leaders.

 

“So where are we going?” Xiu Min suddenly asks. The room is silent again. They are all waiting for a response from either Kris or Su Ho.

 

“Ask our maknae” Su Ho says with a smile.

 

“WHAT!?!?!” All of the members shout in unison, except me. I’m just standing and watching amused. Of course, how could I have not seen this coming? Then I think back to the game we had played a while back:  Se Hun’s reward for winning hide-and-seek in the dark was to choose the next vacation destination.

 

“We agreed to that?!!?” Baekhyun, Tao, Chen, and Chanyeol shout at the same time with stunned expressions.  

 

“Su Ho, would you mind?” Kris says turning to Su Ho.

 

“Ah, ne” Su Ho says and pulls out his phone from his pocket. He presses a button and the recording starts to play.

 

Kris’s voice: “Do you guys remember Soo Man mentioning he would give us a vacation one of these days if we work hard? Well, he usually gives us a few different places to choose from. How about we let Se Hun decide where we would go the next time we have a vacation?”

 

There’s a lot of background noise, before the members voices all reluctantly agree, “Ne”

 

After the recording stops, the members all look down embarrassed.

 

It’s silent except Se Hun’s muffled laugh.

 

“So where are we going?” D.O. asks Kris and Su Ho.

 

“I think the maknae can answer this one” Kris replies pointing at Se Hun.

 

“Se Hun?” All of the members turn to Se Hun and asks.

 

“Jeju” Se Hun replies with a huge grin.