Chapter 12

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Lu Han’s POV

 

I was still singing “Into Your World” while holding Mei’s hand, so I didn’t hear Se Hun walk up behind me.

 

“Hyung! Why are you singing? Practicing outside of training?” Se Hun shouts, laughing at his own joke. Then I see him look down at my hand that’s holding Mei’s. He stops laughing.

 

“Se Hun, it’s not what you think” Mei quickly says. She tries to let go of my hand, but without even thinking, I tighten my grip so our hands stay linked. Mei looks up at me surprised.

 

“I think we should let him know” I say to her. I turn to look at Min Young who’s standing next to Se Hun. I see her lips mouth the words: “don’t do it”, but I know I have to. Se Hun can handle it; after all, he is my best buddy. I shouldn’t keep secrets like this from him. I trust him.

 

“Se Hun-ah” I begin.

 

“Wait, hyung, please don’t tell me you’re…you’re…” Se Hun closes his eyes. “…gay.”

 

“Se Hun, I’m not gay” I say firmly.

 

Se Hun opens his eyes. “You’re not?!?” He sounded surprised. “Then why are you and Myung Soo…”

 

“Myung Soo is Mei” I finally reveal.  

 

“Mwuh?!?!” Se Hun’s eyes widen. “Is that supposed to be an excuse? Or a joke?”

 

“Se Hun, I’m not lying” I try to explain.

 

“Prove it then” Se Hun challenges. I definitely saw that one coming.

 

Then I have to think. How am I suppose to prove Myung Soo is Mei if Se Hun can’t recognize her?

 

“Se Hun-ah, Lu Han is telling the truth” Min Young finally says.

 

Se Hun starts walking closer to Mei. He leans down until his face is literally only an inch away from hers.

 

“Mei, your jacket” Min Young says.

 

Mei nods and does what Min Young says. I suddenly feel a little uncomfortable: one, because Se Hun is so close to Mei, and two, she has to show him she’s a girl.

 

When Mei’s jacket is off, it’s quite obvious she’s a girl. Se Hun steps back.

 

“Mei?” Se Hun whispers. “It was you the whole time? I guess Lu Han’s instincts were right. Whao…”

 

“Se Hun, you can’t tell anyone. You understand?” Min Young says seriously.

 

“I know, I won’t” Se Hun says. He looks at me with a smirk on his face. “Wow, hyung, and this whole time, I thought you were going crazy. Haha.”

 

“Well, now that everything’s cleared up, we should probably head back to the dorm. It’s late.” Min Young announces.

 

While we were walking to the Subway, the four of us unexpectedly run into Eun Jung. Ugh, the last person I would want to see at a time like this. I try to duck so she wouldn’t see me, but I wasn’t quick enough.

 

“Lu Han!!” Eun Jung shouts and waves. “Long time no see” She says to me with a smile. “Can I ask you something in private?”

 

“Eun Jung, it’s late and I have practice early in the morning tomorrow. I thought we agreed there wouldn’t be anything between us after the date.” I say as nicely as I can trying not to show I didn’t really want to see her at a time like this.

 

“Aww, oppa” Eun Jung pouts. “Please?”  

 

I look over at Se Hun who mouths the words: “sorry”. I know he’s probably trying to apologize for sending me on a date with Eun Jung.

 

“Fine, but make it quick” I say. Eun Jung immediately smiles again and walks over with me away from the others. I turn to look at Mei, who looks a bit sad. It’s painful to see her like that.  

 

“What is it you wanted to ask?” I say trying not to show I’m annoyed.

 

“Oppa, I know there was an agreement that we wouldn’t see each other again after the one date, but seeing that you don’t have a girlfriend, could you at least give me a chance?” She looks up at me hopefully.

 

“How do you know I don’t have a girlfriend” I blurt out without thinking. Oops that was not a good idea. Why did I do that?

 

“So you’re saying you do have a girlfriend?” Eun Jung says in disbelief.

 

“Ah, aniyo” I say trying not to stutter. “Eun Jung, SM doesn’t allow us to have relationships.” I lie as best as I can. Truth is, we can have relationships as long as they don’t go public.

 

“Then who’s that girl with Se Hun?” She asks catching me off guard. Aish, I totally forgot about Min Young.

 

“She’s Myung Soo’s sister.” I lie again.

 

“Myung Soo?” Eun Jung questions.

 

“Yeah, Myung Soo’s going to debut as Exo’s 13thmember” I say this time not lying.

 

“Really?” She raises an eyebrow. “He looks kind of odd. I wonder why someone like him was chosen.” She says sticking out her tongue. “He looks like a girl mixed with a guy.” Her expression changes to a disgusted look.

 

When she says that, I feel anger start to build up. Is Eun Jung really this kind of girl? I was not only angry at how she could judge a person just by their looks, but also because it was technically Mei she was talking about.

 

“I have to go now” I say and walk away.

 

“Oppa, wait” I hear her yell, but I don’t even bother to turn to look at her again.  

 

…..........................................

 

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

The next day at practice, I was singing with Baekhyun and Chen, when Kai walked in to announce plans for the rest of the day.

 

“Hey, we’re going to go play basketball after practice.” Kai says.

 

Chen and Baekhyun look at each other surprised.

 

“But it looks like it might rain though” Baekhyun says pointing out the window.  

 

I hadn’t looked out the window all day, but now that Baekhyun mentions it, the sky is extremely cloudy and dark.

 

“That’s why we’re playing today. If we played on a nice and sunny day, fans will see us. There aren’t as many people outside today.” Kai explains. “Come on, it’ll be fun” Kai pleads.

 

“Ok then” Chen answers.

 

When practice ends, we all ride over in the van to the basketball courts. The members all seem really excited except for me. I don’t even know how to play basketball, maybe I can just watch.

 

The member split up into two teams:  Exo-M vs. Exo-K.

 

“Ya, which team is Myung Soo going to be on?” Chanyeol asks.

 

“It’s ok, I can just watch” I say.

 

“Myung Soo should be on Exo-K’s team, since we (Exo-M) always wins when it comes to basketball” Tao says.

 

“No, really, I don’t even know how to play.” I say.

 

“Come on, this is your chance to learn. Exo-K needs as much help as they can get anyways.” Chen jokes.

 

 “Then it’s settled. Myung Soo will be on our team” Su Ho announces.

 

I turn to look at Lu Han whose eyes widen. Then I look as Se Hun who looks just as scared as Lu Han. I wonder what’s gotten into them.

 

It wasn’t long before I realized why Se Hun and Lu Han were so horrified because just when the game was about to begin, all of the Exo-K members started taking off their shirts. OH NO…it’s shirts vs. skins, and Exo-K members are the skins. I stand there frozen.

 

“What’s the matter Myung Soo, a little shy?” Kai jokes. “Don’t be, all of the members are really open with each other.”

 

I turn to see that Se Hun is the only Exo-K member who still has his shirt on.  

 

“Hhhow aaaabout Exo-M be the skins this time?” Se Hun manages to stutter.

 

“What’s gotten into you?” Kai asks. “You’re the one who said Exo-K should be skins every time.” Kai smirks.

 

Se Hun blushes. I can tell that there’s nothing he can do, so he desperately looks towards Lu Han. Lu Han looks like he’s having a hard time deciding what to do.

 

“I think it would be fun to be the shirtless ones for once” Lu Han finally says.

 

All of the members look surprised.

 

“But you hate showing skin” Chen says.

 

“Yeah, but I want to try it just this once” Lu Han says. Then he takes his shirt off.

 

 “Finally!” Tao says excitedly. He was clearly happy.  

 

The Exo-K members started putting their shirts back on. Wheww, that was a close one.I thought to myself. Not long after the game started, it began to sprinkle, but Exo-M ended up winning the game anyways.

 

After losing Kai got really angry and threw the ball into the bushes. As a punishment for losing, Exo-M made Exo-K walk home. Kai had to retrieve the ball from the bushes.

 

“Hey, Myung Soo we’re going to start walking home now. Can you wait for Kai and walk home with him?” Su Ho says to me.

 

“Oh, ne” I answer obediently.  

 

It took longer for Kai to return than I had expected. When he finally came back, his shirt was soaked and muddy.

 

“What happened?” I ask him.

 

“The ball rolled into a muddy puddle and I accidentally slipped in” Kai says a little embarrassed.

 

The rain had stopped, so walking home wasn’t too bad. Everything was fine until I noticed that Kai’s teeth started to chatter. I look at him and noticed that he was shivering because his clothes were all wet. What should I do? I’m wearing a sweater…should I give it to him? But then I’ll be obvious that I’m a girl…but he looks so cold. Poor Kai…

 

“Kai…” I finally give in.

 

He turns and looks at me with the most adorable face.

 

“Are you able to keep a secret?” I ask. After he nods, I start to explain. He almost falls over when I reveal who I really am, but he’s able to pull it together.

 

“So none of the other members know except Lu Han and Se Hun?” Kai pauses and thinks for a moment. “But why are you telling me now?” He asks.

 

“Because, I don’t want you to get sick” I answer and take my sweater off to give him.

 

Kai blushes and thanks me when he takes my sweater.