Chapter 27

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Hey guys! So sorry I haven't updated for a while. I was busy studying for tests and getting ready for the end of school. I'll be less busy now, so expect regular updates! Please continue to enjoy my story. Thanks again for reading, subscribing, and commenting!

 

 

 

Mei's POV

 

After our performance, all of the SM artists came to congratulate us.

 

"Waaa!! That was really good!” Sunny, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon of SNSD congratulate us as we stepped off the stage.

 

"Ne!” The rest of the SNSD members nodded in agreement.

 

“Kamsahamnida!” The 13 of us bow and thank our sunbaes for their support.

 

Some of the Suju members started clapping and smiling. Leeteuk gave some of the Exo members a pat on the back.

 

The f(x) members smiled and waved at us as they walked on stage to give their performance.

 

The Shinee members were the most bright and happy to see us perform so well. It felt really good to be done with my first stage performance and to receive so much support from the SM Town family. Maybe joining a new girl group won’t be as bad as I thought? Aish, I’ve got to forget about that for now. Exo promotions just started…

 

“Jinja Daebak!!”  Onew said giving us 2 thumbs up as he and the other members walked over.  

 

“Nice job Myung Soo! It was hard to tell you were even a rookie!” Key says to me, patting my shoulder.

 

Kai and Taemin started joking and wrestling around. Taemin ruffled Kai’s hair playfully.  

 

“SM should’ve combined Exo from the beginning” Minho comments.

 

“Yeah, but Soo Man’s idea of breaking into the Chinese market was pretty ingenious. Exo-M was HUGE in China, you gotta give him credit for that” Jonghyun says to Minho.

 

“Yeah, I guess you have a point there. At least all 13 of you are together now.” Minho says, smiling to me and the other Exo members.

 

“You guys performed really well too” Su Ho says politely.

 

“Ne! We still have a lot to learn from you, Suju, SNSD, and f(x) sunbaes.” Se Hun adds. Lu Han and I nod.

 

D.O., Baekhyun, and Chanyeol laugh shyly.

 

“Aww well, we’ve been at it a lot longer than you guys have. We are actually very proud to have such talented dongsaengs.” Jonghyun says smiling ^_^

 

 

The next couple of weeks were filled with dance practice, vocal training, and performances on music shows like Music Bank, M! Countdown, and Inkigayo.

 

All was normal and pretty exciting when Exo started to win many of the music shows. Lu Han, Kai, Se Hun, Baekhyun, and I were invited to do a lot of CF filming and fashion magazine photo shoots.

 

There was CF that Baekhyun was the most excited for: the towel CF.

 

“Yes!!! Finally!! I’ve been waiting for this one since Exo’s first debut. I don’t see why it took so long” Baekhyun say clapping his hands in joy.

 

“Umm, maybe because towel CFs just aren’t that popular?” Kai says half jokingly.

 

“Ya, we can make anything popular” Baekhyun boasts.

 

“He’s probably right. As long as we endorse it, fans will love it” Lu Han adds.

 

When we walk into the filming room, the 5 of us stop with our mouths wide open. I feel myself start to sweat and my muscles start to tense. I hear Se Hun beside me gulp loudly.

 

Of course, how could we not see this coming? Oh right, Soo Man knows I’m a girl, so why would he do this to me? There’s got to be a reasonable explanation. We stand there frozen, staring at the fake bath tub and rack with a bunch of soft, fluffy white towels.

 

 Towel CF = Taking a shower in the bathroom CF.

 

“Luuu hhhaaannn…?” I start to say with a shaky voice.

 

“Don’t worry, Soo Man knows, so you can always refuse to do anything that could jeopardize your identity” Lu Han says, calming me down. He’s right, they can’t force me to strip my shirt off.

 

The director walks over and we great eat other with bows.

 

“All righty! You guys ready for a long day?” He asks.

 

“Ne!” We answer.

 

“Good.” He says and begins to walk away.

 

“Wait, so how exactly is this going to work?” Baekhyun asks, stopping the director.

 

“Well, there’s no need to worry. You, Lu Han, and Myung Soo are just going to be the background people. The real stars are going to be Se Hun and Kai. They’ll be shirtless in the steamy shower while you guys hand them the towels.” The director explains.

 

“Waa, wae? I thought I was going to get to show off my towel selecting charms” Baekhyun says a little disappointed.

 

The director chuckles. “Well, your manager decided that Se Hun and Kai were the iest shirtless members. You should ask him, not me. But in my opinion, you look pretty y yourself” The director laughs giving Baekhyun a wink and walks away.

 

“Ahh…ha…ha” Baekhyun says taking a few steps back. I could tell he was pretty creeped out.

 

Kai and Se Hun cover their mouths trying not to laugh too loudly.

 

“Ya, what are you two laughing about? You’re the ones who have to show your shirtless selves to that director” Baekhyun says. Kai and Se Hun immediately stop laughing and look at each other a little nervous.  This time it’s Lu Han and I who start laughing.

 

During the filming, the shower area did get pretty steamy. The background was a nice milky white, and Kai and Se Hun’s perfectly sculpted bodies did light up the directors eyes. He just stood there nodding with a sly smile as he watched first Kai’s hot, wet body step out of the shower and grab a towel. Then, Se Hun slowly drying himself with a towel with his eyes closed and tongue slightly sticking out. Lu Han, Baekhyun, and I just stood there a little disturbed at how the director was acting.

 

When the filming finally ended, the 5 of us quickly thanked all of the workers and ran out of the building as soon as possible. Outside, we all took a deep breath.

 

“Wheww! Glad that’s over” Kai said.

 

“I’ll be scarred for the rest of my life” Se Hun says T_T

 

“Should we report this to Soo Man?” Baekhyun asks.

 

“We can if we had proof, but since we don’t Soo Man will just think we’re the crazy ones.” Lu Han says.

 

“Yeah, and he technically didn’t doing anything. He could have just been joking for all we know” I add.

 

“Oh no, that director was definitely not joking. Did you see the way he his lips when Kai got out of that shower?” Baekhyun says.

 

“Ok, it was weird, I’ll admit that, but we still can’t accuse him of anything.” I say.

 

 

Back at the dorm, Baekhyun, Se Hun, and Kai enthusiastically share our “director story” with the rest of the Exo members and Min Young who puts on a disgusted face.

 

“I would’ve just walked out of that filming site” Min Young says defiantly.

 

“Yeah, that’s just going a little overboard” Chanyeol adds. I look over at D.O. who, as I expected, has his eyes popping out again. Tao just starts laughing.

 

Then, Kris and Su Ho walk in to announce some news.    

 

“Lu Han, Se Hun, Myung Soo, Kai, and Baekhyun. You five will begin filming a variety show with Shinee starting tomorrow” Kris says.

 

“Jinja??!?!?” We all shout at the same time.

 

“Ooooo, that sounds soooo fun!!” Se Hun says. “Shinee sunbaes are the best!”

 

“What variety show is it?” Lu Han asks curiously.

 

“Dream Team” Su Ho answers.