Chapter 4

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Min Young’s POV

 

I jumped right out of bed when the alarm clock rang in the morning. I quickly run into the bathroom to clean up. Se Hun was slowly sitting up and stretching.

 

“Ya, balli sleepy head!!” I shout to him jokingly. I was very anxious to get to the airport on time. I didn’t want Mei (Myung Soo) to freak out at the airport if Se Hun and I were late.

 

“Alright, alright, but you take longer in the bathroom anyways!” Se Hun shouts back.

 

I quickly brush my teeth, hair, and change out of my pajamas. When I walk out of the bathroom, I see a shirtless Se Hun and immediately blush and cover my eyes.

 

“Ya, shouldn’t you be doing that in the bathroom?” I ask with my eyes still covered.

 

“Haha, you were the one who told me to hurry, and a shirtless guy isn’t that big of a deal.” Se Hun says while laughing. “It’s ok, I’m done now.”

 

I uncover my eyes to see Se Hun with a huge grin on his face.

 

 

When we finish, we tip toe quietly into the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast. The other Exo members are all still asleep. They are planning on setting up a welcome party for the new member, so Se Hun and I are the only ones going to the airport.  

 

At Incheon International Airport, Se Hun and I wait at the gate Mei (Myung Soo) was scheduled to get off. It’s not long before we see people start walking through the door. We both watch and wait to see a person who looks like he might be the new member.

 

“Do you think that's him?” Se Hun asks pointing to a tall guy with a dark green hat.

 

“No, I don’t think he’s that tall” I answer before I realized that was a bad idea.

 

“How do you know he’s not tall?” Se Hun asks suspiciously.

 

“Uh…just a guess..” I hesitate trying to cover up. I quickly look around, and thank goodness I finally spotted an attractive guy with an SM tag on his suitcase. My first thought when I saw her/him was: Whoa, is that Myung Soo/Mei? I can barely recognize her anymore. And Omo, what a hottie!!!

 

“Se Hun, I think that might be him!” I shout and point towards Myung Soo.

 

“Where?” Se Hun asks excited. Then he turns to where I was pointing. “That’s does look like it could be him. Looks like he’s looking for us, and he has a SM logo on his suitcase.”

 

We quickly run over to “Myung Soo”.

 

 

Mei/ Myung Soo’s POV

 

 

When I got off the plane my heart was pounding really hard. In my head, I was praying that no one would recognize me. I cautiously look around searching for Min Young and Se Hun, but there were too many people at the airport. Then I hear a girl and a guy’s voice shout my name.

 

“Myung Soo!!”

 

I turn to look and there they were. Min Young and Se Hun running towards me. I take a deep breath trying to calm down. I clear my voice.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Myung Soo-imnida” I say and bow 90 degrees.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Se Hun-imnida” Se Hun says and bows back.

 

I look at Min Young who’s staring at me as if she’s in a trace. Then she quickly snaps out of it to greet me and bow.

 

“How was your trip? I hope it was comfortable.” Se Hun says politely.

 

“Ne, it was nice.” I say hoping my Korean accent isn’t too bad.

 

“Welcome to South Korea!” Min Young says a little awkwardly but not enough for Se Hun to notice.

 

“Kamsahamnida!” I say trying to be a little more natural.

 

“Shall we drive back to the dorm?” Se Hun asks. “All of the members are very excited to meet you!”

 

“Ne, I’m very excited to meet them too!” I say cheerfully.

 

 

While we are driving back, I hear Min Young ask Se Hun if it would be alright if she spoke to me in English because “she was curious to see how good my English was”. I knew what she was doing, taking advantage of Se Hun not understanding English before we got to the dorm where it would be impossible to even hide with English because of Kris.

 

“Myung Soo, you look so different. I seriously can’t believe you are here. I’ve missed you so much.” Min Young says expressionlessly so Se Hun can’t read into our expressions. It was kind of awkward because the words she was saying and the way she said them didn’t match up at all.

 

“I’ve missed you too. Do you think Exo will recognize me.” I ask with the same expressionless tone.

 

“No, even I could barely tell it's you.” Min Young answers. She proceeds to tell me Exo decided to make me room with Lu Han.

 

I silently scream in my head and try my best not to show my surprise.

 

“It’s ok, he won’t know it’s you. Just don’t let him get too close and try to act different from you usual personality. You will be fine.” Min Young assures. “By the way, you’re hot.” She quickly adds before Se Hun pulls up to Exo’s dorm.

 

The 3 of us walk casually up to the front door. I had expected we would stay at the beautiful house up in the mountains, but apparently SM finally bought Exo a nice dorm so all 12 of them could live comfortably.

 

I keep my head down as Se Hun opens the door.

 

“WELCOME!!” I hear a bunch of voices shout. I look up to see 11 familiar faces staring at me with huge excited smiles. “Annyeonghaseyo!!! Nice to meet you and welcome to Exo!!” They all bow 90 degrees.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Myung Soo-imnida!” I say and bow in return.

 

Before I know it, Baekhyun runs towards me and pats my shoulder. “We are so glad you will be joining us in our upcoming promotions!” He exclaims happily.

 

Then Kai rushes over. “You must be hungry! We’ve prepared a lot of delicious Korean food!”

 

Chen, Tao, D.O., and Chanyeol also walk over and start asking me questions like do I like video games, how good is my English, and would I like to look around some fun places in Seoul.

 

I try to answer all of them, but can’t help but notice that Lu Han is standing a few feet away looking at me very closely. I feel myself start to sweat and panic. Does he know? Please…no…