Chapter 30

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

A week after the Dream Team filming, we finally see it being broadcasted on television. Min Young just laughs every time something funny happens.

“I’m surprised you made it through without SHINee finding out” Min Young says to me.

“Yeah, Mr. Lee Soo Man had my back” I reply. Thanks goodness he found out, otherwise it would’ve been terrible trying to get through everything.

“How are promotions going?” She asks me along with the rest of EXO who were sprawled out on the couch and floor.

“Good, good” Chanyeol answers. “Almost over”

“Doesn’t that mean Myung Soo won’t be with us much longer?” D.O. asks.

“Yeah, Soo Man wants her in the new girl group” Lu Han answers.

“Awww, I’m going to miss having you around” Kai says, a little disappointed.

“Hey, at least you’ll still be in Korea. We can meet up anytime, right?” Baekhyun says.

“Well during training, but I’m sure we can’t be caught out in public” I reply.

“Well, it was nice having you be a part of the team” Kris says.

“Yeah, a pleasure to work with you” Suho smiles at me kindly.

“Thanks you guys” I say looking around at everyone. I was really going to miss them more than they knew. Seeing them around just won’t be the same as training and performing alongside them. But I’m really thankful for the past few months getting the chance to know each member and developing a close friendship with all of them.

….

A few days after our good-bye stage, I was called into CEO Lee Soo Man’s office. It was a good thing Lu Han was allowed to go with me because I really wasn’t ready to face him on my own quite yet.

“Mei,” Lee Soo Man says with a pause. “I have changed my mind, you will not be debuting as a member of a new girl group. I have decided against debuting a new group this early in the game. With EXO, SNSD, SHINee, and f(x) still at the top of their careers there is no need for one yet. And By the time I do decide to debut one, you will be too old.”

As surprised as I was at what he just told me, I feel slightly happy that I wouldn’t have to go through the stress of joining a girl group. I turn to Lu Han and see that he looks disappointed.

“But, Mr. Lee Soo Man sir, Mei is perfectly capable of-“ Lu Han begins to say, but I nudge him with my elbow before he can finish.

“Lu Han, this is good” I whisper.

“It is?” He asks, looking at me. I nod. I can tell he’s confused, but he’s probably just desperate for me to stay in Korea.

Lee Soo Man lets out a cough and proceeds to talk. “I know all about you Mei. You’re a business student at Harvard University, who learned the Korean language, singing, and dancing in 6 months in order to audition and pass the SM Global Auditions disguised as a male to become EXO’s 13th member.”

My mouth drops. Wow, no wonder he’s the CEO of Korea’s largest entertainment company. He’s like the all seeing eye, nothing gets past him, does it?

“I could never let talent and raw determination such as yours go to waste.” Mr. Lee continues.  “So I am here to offer you a position within the company.”

What? Are my ears deceiving me, or did Lee Soo Man just personally offer me a job at SM Entertainment? I must be dreaming.

Lu Han nudges me encouragingly. “Say something” He whispers with a smile wider than I’ve ever seen.

“Oh, ugh…thank you. Thank you so much, sir. It’s really an honor. I am truly grateful” I say, while bowing 180 degrees in between each sentence.

“Then it is settled. I will have you sign the contract once it is prepared. You may be dismissed” Lee Soo Man finishes.

Every one is in shock when I announce the news back at the dorm. They all listen in silence, like little children during story time. When I finish, no one really knows quite how to react.

“WHOOOOO!!!!!” D.O. shouts while raising an arm up in the air. The rest of the member awkwardly follow his lead and start to cheer. Soon it isn’t so awkward anymore as the cheering gets louder.

“Let’s throw a party!” Chen suggests.

“Yeah!!” Xiumin adds.  

The members all spread out and prepare for the celebration.  Kris and Suho go out to buy Soju, while Xiumin and Chen buy snacks. D.O. and Lay rush into the kitchen to start cooking. Se Hun and Min Young hang up decorations, while Baekhyun and Chanyeol set up video games and the Norebang/Karaoke system. Tao and Kai put on music that blasts throughout the entire dorm. Lu Han and I try to help out wherever we can.

A few hours later, the party officially starts. I look around and see that everyone is having a good time. I can’t help but think about how nicely everything worked out. I’m really thankful for what the past few years have brought. Although it was hard at times, I’m glad I had my best friend Min Young always supporting me along with my 11 newly found brotherly figures/best friends. And of course, the most important person throughout all of this, Lu Han. I still can’t believe how far I’ve come, and I would not have been able to do any of it without all of these special people. My life is verging on perfect. I mean, how many other girls in the world can say she was formerly EXO’s 13th member?

 

 

 

Thanks for reading guys!!!