Chapter 8

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

Inside the dorm, I notice that all of the members are there except Lu Han, Kai, and Se Hun who walk in a few minutes late. Se Hun and Kai come in with huge grins on their faces. Weird, I wonder what went on outside that made them so happy. Lu Han, on the other hand looks, a bit annoyed.

 

 

After lunch, all of the members relax and hang out around the dorm. Lay is reading a book. He seems to enjoy peace and quiet more than the other members.  Kris and Su Ho are sitting at the desk in their rooms chatting. They’re really taking this combined debut thing pretty seriously.  Tao, Baekhyun, Chen, D.O., and Chanyeol are playing video games in the living room. Xiu Min is doing something on his computer, and Min Young and Se Hun are flirting by the window. I head up to my room and notice that Lu Han is sitting on his bed writing in a journal of some sort. Darn. If I had known he was up here, I wouldn’t have come. I try to sneak out, but just as I am about to turn around, Lu Han looks up.

 

“Ugh, hhhey there…” I manage to stutter and give a small wave.

 

There was an awkward silence. And I mean really awkward. It seemed to take forever for Lu Han to finally respond.

 

He clears his throat. “Ahem, hi” he finally says. Then another uncomfortable silence when neither of us knew what to do next.

 

“So, ugh, whatcha writing?” I ask, before I realize that it might too personal for him to want to tell me.

 

“Oh, this? It’s just a journal I write in everyday. For a really special friend.” Lu Han answers.

 

“Special friend?” I ask, my curiosity getting the better of me.

 

“Yeah, well to me she’s more than a friend.” Lu Han replies.

 

Is he talking about me (Mei)? I wonder. I try to get a glimpse of the writing without Lu Han noticing and see that it’s all written in Chinese. Aww, it can’t be for me(Mei) because Lu Han knows I can’t read Chinese.  My hopeful happiness disappears.

 

“What’s wrong?” Lu Han asks noticing I’m not smiling anymore.

 

“Oh, nothing, I was..uh” Before I can finish answering Lu Han’s question, Se Hun and Kai barge in.

 

“Hey, Myung Soo, we didn’t know you were in here” Se Hun says surprised to see me.

 

“Could you give us a few minutes with Lu Han?” Kai asks.

 

“Sure, no problem” I quickly answer, relieved that I can finally leave the room.

 

 

Lu Han’s POV

 

When Myung Soo leaves the room, Se Hun and Kai both rush over to me like excited children.

 

“We found you a GIRL!” Se Hun says happily.

 

“Yeah, she’s a girl from our old high school.” Kai explains. “She was my friend before I joined SM”

 

“She’s really nice and pretty” Se Hun says.

 

“Her name is Eun Jung” Kai adds. “She’s an Exo fan now, and you’re her ultimate bias.”

 

“Doesn’t that mean I’ll just be going on a random date with a fangirl?” I question. I’m really not looking forward to this kind of date. Seeing her once and expecting her to never come bother me again.

 

“Well, we explained everything to her and she agreed to the one date deal.” Se Hun said.

 

“You explained EVERYTHING to her?!?!” I shout.  “Including my personal issues dealing with Myung Soo?!?!”

 

“Of course not” Kai said. “We’re not stupid enough to go into that much detail. You want us to creep her out?” Kai laughs.

 

I manage to calm down.

 

“You’ll be meeting her at the park tomorrow” Se Hun says with a mischievous grin.

 

“Whatever” I say. “Don’t be too surprised if this doesn’t work” I warn them.

 

 

When Se Hun and Kai finally leave, I go back to writing. I’ve written in this journal every day since Mei left to America. At first it was just to help me deal with her absence, but then I decided I would read it to her one day. And then, instead of remembering the year we were apart, she’ll feel like she was with me the whole time. I want her to know there wasn’t a single day I didn’t think about her.

 

I try to decide whether or not I want to mention Myung Soo. These days it seems like I think about him more than I think about Mei. Ugh, it’s almost disturbing, but I can’t seem to stop. When I’m around him, it doesn’t feel like I’m around a guy. Should I tell him? No, that would definitely creep him out enough to disband from Exo. Maybe I should talk to Min Young. She seems more understanding and rational than either Kai or Se Hun. Then I can also ask her about Mei, and perhaps that would help me get my mind off of Myung Soo.

 

I run downstairs and find Min Young doing homework on the desk in the living room.

 

“Min Young” I call. “Can I talk to you for a second?”

 

“Sure, Lu Han” Min Young replies. “What’s up?”

 

I begin to explain the “Myung Soo situation”. Min Young listens very closely and it’s hard to read her expression.

 

“So, do you think Myung Soo is kind of…let’s just call it…different?” I ask.

 

Min Young thinks for a second. “Well, I haven’t been around him as much as you have. But if you ask me, he’s seems completely normal. But hey, if you miss Mei, I can tell you she’s perfectly fine and misses you a lot.” Min Young gives me a wide smile.

 

“Ugh, ok, that’s good to know” I say a little disappointed that talking to Min Young wasn’t much help.

 

Should I just talk to Myung Soo? Maybe that way, it won’t be as uncomfortable. But what should I say? Hey, you remind me of the girl I love? Aish, that’ll definitely scare him off. He’ll probably leave Korean the minute those words leave my mouth. Haha, that's not an option.

 

Well, I guess I have no choice but to go through with the date tomorrow and see if my feelings towards Myung Soo changes.