Chapter 5

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Lu Han’s POV

 

I wanted to personally greet the new member, Myung Soo, but there’s something weirdly familiar about him that I can’t quite figure out. Does he resemble someone I know from China? Another SM trainee? JYP trainee? Maybe it’s just my excitement that’s got me over thinking trivial things. I notice that he’s looking at me too. Aish, he probably thinks I’m a creep for staring at him for so long. I quickly walk over to fix the awkward situation.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Lu Han-imnida” I say bowing a little. “You will be staying in my room. I hope we can become good friends.”

 

He takes a step back a little surprised probably. “Ah, annyeonghaseyo” He says a little quietly while avoiding direct eye contact. Probably just a bit nervous.

 

“Time to eat!” I hear Min Young shout from the kitchen, interrupting our conversation.

 

“Ye” I answer while signaling Myung Soo to follow me to the kitchen.

 

At the table, I sit next to Se Hun and Kai. Myung Soo sits two spots down from me on the opposite side, right across from Min Young. While we eat, each member takes turns telling a little about themselves. Starting off with Xiu Min, the eldest and ending with Se Hun, the maknae. When we all finish, it’s Myung Soo’s turn to tell us about him. He mentions being born in China and growing up in America. The whole time he was talking, I couldn’t help but notice his attractiveness. There’s something very oddly beautiful, yet handsome about his looks, no wonder they say SM is 90% looks. His voice is also a little odd, but that’s probably part of his rumored “unique singing voice” according to the manager. When we finish eating, everyone runs over to the couch to start watching T.V. and playing video games. It’s our last relaxing day, before we begin preparing for our first ever combined comeback. I take Myung Soo to our room so he can unpack.

 

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

Whewww. Thank goodness Lu Han doesn’t recognize me. I’m a little nervous about being alone with him in the bedroom, but I’m probably just over reacting. He shows me where everything is, the bathroom, the closet…then he leaves me to unpack in privacy.

 

I quickly hide all of my female processions at the bottom of the dresser. Then I pile layers of my male clothing on top so there’s no way anyone would find the stuff underneath. I hang my jackets and pants up in the closet next to Lu Han clothes. I notice that Lu Han is very tidy, everything is lined up perfectly. In the bathroom, all of the soaps, shampoos, and personal items are places perfectly like in a store. Then I realize I forgot to bring any “guy” toiletries. Shoot! What do I do now?!?! He’ll definitely get suspicious if he notices I never shave or anything. Gah!!!

 

“Are you ok?” Someone asks from behind me. I almost jump out of my pants.

 

“Ye..” I stutter while turning around to see Lu Han looking at me curiously.

 

“The members are all waiting for you so we can start a game.” Lu Han says. “Come on, it’ll be fun!”

 

“Uh, ok” I say a little confused. I follow him downstairs.

 

Everyone is sitting on the living room carpet looking at Chanyeol, who’s explaining the game.

 

“Oh, Myung Soo you’re here! Good! As I was saying, this is a game Baekhyun and I thought of yesterday Chanyeol says. “We’ll turn off all the lights so it’s completely dark, then we all hide, and one person has to find everyone in the dark. If the seeker finds everyone under 15 minutes, then he gets to choose a punishment for the rest of us.”

 

“Sounds fun, huh?” Baekhyun shouts excitedly.

 

“Isn’t that just like hide and seek?” Tao asks in a bored tone.

 

“Yeah, but it’s in the dark” Baekhyun says.

 

“So?” Kai butts in. “It’s still a childish game.”

 

“Well, it’s scarier in the dark, and we wanted to try doing something new. We always either play sports or video games, Baekhyun and I thought it would be fun to give this game a shot.” Chanyeol replies.  

 

“Let’s just play for a while, and if we don’t like it, we can stop.” Chen says.

 

The other members seem to be willing to at least try the game. It takes a while to decide who gets to be the seeker with Kai, Bai, Bo. Finally, Se Hun wins and the game begins. Baekhyun runs over to turn all the lights off.

 

It’s really dark, and I can barely see anything. I hear a lot of footsteps in all the panic. I try to decide where to go, but I’m not familiar enough with the dorm; I don’t know where anything is. I run out of time when I hear Se Hun start to count down. I quickly crawl in the direction away from Se Hun’s voice. When I get close enough, I can see the outline of a doorway in the dark, so I crawl into the room. I continue to crawl until I hit someone’s bed. Ow! I almost scream but an arm reaches out from the bed and covers my mouth. I don’t know who it is, but he pulls me to join him in the space under the mattress because Se Hun’s footsteps are getting closer. In all the rush, I somehow ended up laying facing up and not flat on my belly. It’s too dark to see who under the mattress with me, but his distinct sweet smell tells me it’s probably Lu Han. We both quietly lie in our positions, and then a few minutes later, we hear Se Hun walk into the room. He immediately walks towards the bed and starts feeling around underneath. I have no choice but to move closer to Lu Han. He tries to make more space for me, but the wall doesn’t allow him to move any further. Then suddenly, Se Hun’s hand finds my chest on accident and he screams “gotcha” without realizing what he just touched. I panic and roll around accidentally rolling on top of Lu Han. My head bumps the bottom of the bed and my lips accidentally meet Lu Han’s. It is definitely the most awkward moment of my life. Half of me is enjoying the warmth of his soft lips, but the other half snaps back to reality and I’m reminded that I’m supposed to be a guy. The lights suddenly turn on.

 

“Ya, I already found you guys! You can come out now” Se Hun shouts.  

 

I quickly roll off of Lu Han and crawl out from under the bed. Lu Han immediately follows me. I slowly turn to face him not sure of what to expect. He blinks a couple of times a little dumbfounded and stands there awkwardly not wanting to discuss what just happened.

 

“Ya, are you guys alright? Afraid of the punishment I have installed for you?” Se Hun laughs and walks back out to the living room where everyone else is waiting.

 

“Sorry about that” I quietly apologize.

 

Lu Han gulps. “Th..that’s ok. It was an accident.” He stutters while trying to avoid making eye contact. Then he quickly walks to the living room.

 

I was left to stand there a little confused. I’ve never seen Lu Han act that way. Was that incident that traumatizing? Was it my breath? I quickly check…seems fine to me…I shrug and slowly walk to the living room.