Chapter 17

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Kai’s POV

 

Finally back at the hotel after a freakin long day doing practically nothing. Ok, I’ll admit. It was fun, but the fans ruined everything. I was expecting to explore one of Jeju’s caves or go to the beach, but whatever. We still have tomorrow.

 

I had just got back from the car ride with Su Ho, Kris, Lu Han, and Mei/”Myung Soo”, and I was about to just collapse in the bed I shared with Tao. But when I opened the door to our room, Lay, Tao, and D.O. all had swim shorts and t-shirts on.

 

“Wa-?” I was about to ask when I was rudely interrupted.

 

“Kai! Welcome back man!” D.O. shouts. “We were waiting for you”

 

“Yeah, what took you so long? We even thought you might’ve gotten lost, being the “3rdwheel” and all. Well, actually more like the “5thwheel” Tao says.

 

“What are you talking about?” I ask, forgetting my original question, which was why they looked like they were going to go swimming.

 

“Isn’t it obvious enough that we don’t have to explain?” Lay says.

 

“Kris and Su Ho, Myung Soo and Lu Han, you and…” D.O. trails off.

 

“Hey look, I wasn’t the loner in the group. I was with Su Ho the whole time!” I defend.

 

“Jinja?” D.O. says with his eyes looking like they were going to pop out.

 

“Then who was by himself?” Lay asks.

 

“Kris was. He was sitting on the rock the last time I saw him, but then when Su Ho and I decided to take a walk to the other side I lost track of what happened to Kris.” I reply. “The next time I see him, he was waiting by the car telling me to get Myung Soo and Lu Han to go.”

 

“Weird. But I guess Kris does like privacy” Tao says to himself quietly.

 

“Anyways, forget about that for now. Why are you guys in swimsuits?” I ask, suddenly remembering the more important question.

 

“Ya, what do you think? All of the members decided to go for a night swim at the hotel pool. It’s empty at night, perfect time for us to go.” D.O. says.

 

“That’s why we were waiting for you.” Tao adds. “Hurry and change!”

 

I run to my suitcase obediently. Swimming sounds like a great relaxing way to end the day.

 

Min Young’s POV

 

I was sitting on one of the lounge chairs by the pool in a t-shirt and mini skirt. Se Hun didn’t want me to “reveal” myself in front of his 11 hyungs, and I didn’t feel like swimming anyways. I was watching Chen, Xiu Min, Se Hun, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol mess around in the water, when Kris and Su Ho walk through the pool gate. Kris looks kind of angry, and even though he kind of always looks that way, there’s something a little different tonight. Su Ho is next to him, looking a little odd himself. I can’t quit pin it down, but if I had to find a word to describe Su Ho’s facial expression, it would be worried.

 

They walk past us, over to the other side of the pool to the other chairs. Kris just nods when he passes me, but Su Ho smiles and waves.

 

Not long after, Lay, Tao, D.O., and Kai arrive. The four of them immediately jump into the pool, splashing a huge amount of water everywhere and getting me soaking wet.

 

“Ya!” I shout at them playfully.

 

“Mian!” They all shout at the same time.

 

The members swim for a while, except Su Ho and Kris who are just chatting away. I wonder what they talk about all the time. It’s like all they ever do.

 

“Where’s Lu Han and Myung Soo?!?!” Baekhyun suddenly shouts from the pool.

 

“Yeah, Myung Soo has to do aegyo for us tonight!” Chanyeol shouts.

 

“Maybe they’re tired.” Chen says.

 

Then they all run over to sit in the hot tub for a while. I notice Kris unexpectedly stand up and walk towards me. Su Ho follows closely behind.

 

“Min Young, I want you to be honest with us” Kris says calmly. “Do you know anything about Myung Soo and Lu Han that I, or everyone else doesn’t know?”

 

I am in total shock, like ready to pee my pants. Otteoke?? Kris found out? When? Or is he just suspicious, but doesn’t know anything yet? I feel sweat start rolling down my forehead.

 

“Min Young, it’s ok, we won’t be angry as long as you’re honest” Su Ho says soothingly.

 

“We just want to know the truth so nothing bad happens. Please tell us.” Kris says.

 

“I…I…I dunno what you’re talking about.” I blurt out a little too fast. Kris and Su Ho are both looking at me, like they know I’ll give in soon enough. “Ok, ok, Myung Soo is my friend Mei” I finally confess. Then I start the long explanation of Mei’s visa issues, the disguise, and reasons for keeping her identity a secret from the Exo members.

 

“Thank you, Min Young. We really appreciate your honesty. Now we can help Mei.” Su Ho says relieved.

 

“But how did you find out?” I ask still a little dumbfounded.

 

“I had always thought Myung Soo looked oddly familiar, but I couldn’t match the face to any guy I knew. Then, I saw the way Lu Han looked at him, or in this case, her. I’ve known Lu Han way too long to not be able to read his thoughts through his eyes. Yet, I was still unsure. Then today, I overheard them talking in Chinese, and when Lu Han told Myung Soo, he/she was ‘the one’, I knew it was Mei.” Kris explains.

 

“Then Kris explained everything to me because as leaders of Exo we have to be one so that Exo can be one.” Su Ho adds.

 

“Then why did you ask me?” I question, still confused.

 

“We wanted you to confirm it on your own and not just us forcing you to admit it.” Kris replies.

 

“We are very grateful that you are so honest with us. Se Hun is lucky to have you” Su Ho says, which makes me blush.

 

Just then, Myung Soo (or should I say, Mei) and Lu Han quietly walk into the pool area. I wonder what made them finally come down.

 

“Hey look! It’s Myung Soo and Lu Han!!” Chanyeol shouts from the hot tub.

 

“It’s aegyo time!!” Baekhyun announces.

 

Mei looks nervous. Lu Han turns and pats her shoulder probably in an attempt to calm her down.

 

“Ya, does it look like I know how to do aegyo?” Mei/Myung Soo shouts back teasingly.

 

“With that cute face of yours, it would be a pity if you didn’t at least try” Baekhyun pouts.

 

“Either that, or you come take a dip with us” Chanyeol says.

 

I can see the fear in Mei’s eyes. Lu Han looks like he trying to decide what to do. Then suddenly…

 

“Myung Soo, Lu Han, we need to talk” Kris shouts waving an arm for them to come over.

 

Whewwww, this is so much easier with Kris’s help. I watch as the other members turn around with a disappointed look. No one can challenge Kris.

 

When Lu Han and Mei finally come over, we start a long quiet discussion where everything is revealed. Mei looks so relaxed now that Kris and Su Ho are going to help her.

 

“Hey, what are you guys whispering about over here?” Kai says from behind me, which makes me almost fall out of my chair. Se Hun is next to Kai.

 

“Ya, Kai, can you NOT be so creepy?” I glare at Kai.

 

“Mian, I wasn’t trying to scare you.” Kai apologizes. “So is there another secret that I shouldn’t know about, but will find out eventually?” Kai asks looking at all of us with a grin.

 

“See why we can’t tell the other members?” I say. “If any of them do what Kai just did, Myung Soo is screwed.”

 

“Ohh” Kai says covering his mouth. “What I just said kind of gives it away, doesn’t it?”

 

“You should be grateful Kris and Su Ho already know, or else I would’ve thrown you into the pool” I say.

 

“They know?” Se Hun asks surprised.

 

“You didn’t think we would be left out of this, did you?” Su Ho laughs. “It’s ok, we’re fine with it. Girl or boy, we kindly welcome Exo’s 13thmember.”

 

“Who else knows? Is anyone else going to find out? Are we going to tell everyone now?” Se Hun asks excitedly.

 

“Ya, why do you want everyone to know? You did see what Kai just did, didn’t you?” I say turning to Se Hun.

 

“Awww, but it would be so much easier if we didn’t have this stupid secret.” Se Hun says putting his head down in disappointment.

 

“Yes, Se Hun is right. We shouldn’t keep this a secret from the other member. It’s safer if they knew.” Kris says looking over at the other members relaxing in the hot tub.

 

“Jinja? So you’re just going to reveal everything now?” I ask, trying not to sound like I don’t agree with Kris’s idea.

 

“What’s so bad about that?” Lu Han asks. “It’s not like any of them are going to tell. The secret will just be kept within Exo.”

 

I think about what Lu Han just said. It does seem logical. None of the members are going to be offended, in fact, they’ll be happy to help.  

 

“Fine” I say. “We’ll tell them.”

 

“Hold on. We should have a little fun.” Mei says out of the blue.

 

“What kind of fun?” I ask her.

 

“Let’s have a contest to see who’s the last one to discover me.” Mei says grinning mischievously.

 

“I like the way she thinks” Kai smirks. “I taught you well.”

 

“Sounds fun!” Se Hun says jumping up and down.

 

I notice that Lu Han and Su Ho look a little unsure.

 

“I don’t care what you guys do here on Jeju, but by the time we are on the plane flying back to Seoul, everyone should know.” Kris says.

 

“Ne” Se Hun, Kai, and Mei shout.   

 

A contest, eh? This should be pretty interesting…