Chapter 23

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

Finally the filming of the first teaser has finished. I had no idea it would be this tiring and take so long. We basically had to do the same dance 100 times, and filming took an entire day. It was embarrassing because I kept messing up the one dance move which involved grabbing my crotch, but Se Hun, Lu Han, and Kai we’re all very understanding and tried to help me get it right. I had to stand there and watch Kai do it over and over, and then Se Hun had to jump in and show me because he thought his version was ier than Kai’s. I still couldn’t get it quite right, so in the end, Lu Han basically had to show me how to do it by standing behind me and leading me through the move. Kai and Se Hun watched trying not to laugh. They were obviously thinking some inappropriate thoughts.

 

“You guys must really be experts at moving together now” Kai says when the producers and our manager wasn’t watching.

 

Se Hun covers his mouth and laughs.

 

“We’re not in that stage of a relationship yet” I say to Kai, while secretly wondering if Lu Han feels the same way…maybe he’s ready to take the next step? Aish, now Kai’s ertedness has rubbed off on me…

 

“Yeah,yeah, I know.  You’re just going to say the both of you are too busy with your schedules…and so on” Kai says. Then he turns to Lu Han.  “But seriously, hyung, how can you…how should I put this…uhh…ignore your desires…or needs”

 

This time, Se Hun loses it. He drops to the ground, laughing while hugging his stomach.

 

“Kai, when you’re in a relationship with a girl you love, you’ll understand that seeing her by your side everyday is more than enough” Lu Han says. Then he turns to me and smiles. I can’t help but blush and realize how guardian-like Lu Han is. He’s so perfect, protecting, kind, and gentle.

 

Se Hun has finally stopped laughing. “Hyung’s right. I feel the same way with Min Young” He says standing up.

 

Kai looks a little annoyed. “Now you’re both just rubbing in the fact that I don’t have a girlfriend.” He says.

 

“One day, Kai. You’ll find her, and when you do, I be saying ‘I told you so’” Lu Han laughs. Se Hun and I join in. Kai just scowls.

 

For the rest of the practice, I kept thinking and couldn’t ignore the fact that Kai might be right about the needs…is there a side of Lu Han that I have only caught a glimpse of? Like the night of our kiss in Jeju…

 

 

When the teaser filming finally ended, it was already mid-night. Kai, Se Hun, Lu Han, and I went back to the dorm. A few of the members were already sleeping. Kai and Se Hun both went into their own rooms. Then it was just me, Lu Han, and Kai’s stupid voice in my head. Needs…ugh, now I’m being the paranoid one.

 

“Mei, would you like to shower first?” Lu Han asks me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

 

“Uh, sure” I say, walking over to grab my stuff.

 

During my shower, I was finally able to relax a little. The stress from the long day of filming and the tense atmosphere Kai created were all being washed away by the warm soapy water. Just when I was about to turn off the water, Lu Han knocks on the door and walks in. I, of course, scream involuntarily.  I really didn’t mean to, and I shouldn’t even really care if Lu Han sees me . I mean, Tao’s even seen me for crying out loud. And Lu Han obviously had an important reason for coming in.

 

Lu Han had his face turned the other way and a hand to block his view.

 

“Mei, don’t worry, I can’t see you.” Lu Han says calmly. “Baekhyun just needed some medicine because his throat was a little sore from singing all day, and there wasn’t any in the cabinet downstairs. We have a stash in the shelf behind the mirror. I’m just going to quickly grab it, and I’ll be out in no time”

 

I feel bad for overreacting. Kai’s made me so paranoid that I’m seeing my angel Lu Han as the bloody devil. Curse you, Kai.

 

“Mian, Lu Han. I waas juust startled. I doonn’t..uuugh…caare if youu look ” I try to say normally, but just end up sounding like a nervous mess.

 

I hear Lu Han chuckle. “You aren’t still thinking about the Tao thing, are you? I meant it when I said I’m not bothered by it”

 

When Lu Han says those words, I suddenly actually want him to see me.

 

“Lu Han, it’s not about Tao-” I began to say, but end up interrupted by Baekhyun.

 

“Did you find it?” Baekhyun shouts from the other side of the bathroom door.

 

“Yeah!” Lu Han shouts back. “Mei, you can tell me later”

 

When Lu Han’s gone, I quickly dry myself and put on clothes. I walk out of the bathroom to find Lu Han writing in his journal again. He looks up at me and smiles.

 

“My turn?” He asks. I just nod.

 

While Lu Han is showering, I pick up his journal and sit on his bed. The sweet smell of his bed is enough to transport me to a very happy place. A sunny park, a rainy porch, diamond snow… I open the journal to find Lu Han’s beautiful Chinese writing.I really wish I could read this. I continue to flip through the pages until one thing catches my eye. There is my name (one of the few Chinese characters I can vaguely recognize), inside a heart, and next to it written in English: I’m eternally in love

 

My heart skips a beat. I’m still starring at the page when Lu Han comes out of the bathroom.

 

“I see you’re eager to find out what I’ve written” Lu Hans says.

 

“Yes, can you please read it to me?” I ask, desperately hoping he would.

 

“Of course, I was hoping you would ask.” Lu Han says walking over to sit on his bed next to me. He puts his arm around my shoulder, and I lean against his comfortably.

 

“Let’s start from the beginning” Lu Han whispers and flips to the first page…