Chapter 19

Exo's 13th Member: Sequel to Our South Korean Adventure

Min Young’s POV

 

The next morning at breakfast, I was sitting next to Se Hun, Kris, Su Ho, and Kai. Chen, Xiu Min, Tao, D.O., and Lay were also there. We were chatting, having casual conversations, when the rest of the members and Mei arrived. When everyone was settled, we decided to discuss the plans for the day.

 

“Cave! Cave!Cave!” Kai shouts.

 

“Ya, what’s so great about a stupid cave?” I shout at Kai.

 

“You don’t have to go if you don’t want to” Kai says with a smirk.

 

“Awww, come on Min Young, caves are fun and one of Jeju’s natural wonders” Se Hun pleads. Looks like he really wants to go.

 

“Fine” I say crossing my arms. “But Myung Soo and Lu Han have to come.” I was hoping to have some alone time with Mei. It’s been so long since we talked, in private.

 

“We’d love to join you guys.” Lu Han says smiling.

 

“Who else wants to come to the cave?” Kai asks, looking around.

 

“We would” Chen, Lay, D.O.and Xiu Min raise their hands.

 

“I think we’ll skip the caves for now” Chanyeol says, speaking for Baekhyun and himself.

 

“Leader Su Ho, Kris?” Kai asks turning to them.

 

“We have some business to take care of. You guys go ahead.” Kris says.

 

“Ya, what’s with the seriousness? We’re on vacation; you guys should try and loosen up.” Xiu Min says.

 

“Sorry if this is disappointing news, but manager called last night. He says our vacation will have to be cut short because Soo Man wants us to start releasing teasers early.” Su Ho announces.

 

Some of the members groan. Others look like they understand and were totally expecting this to happen. I look over at Se Hun who looks a bit sad. I pat his shoulder, and he looks at me.

 

“Se Hun-ah, you’re famous, this is what you have to do. As much as I enjoy going on vacations with you, I love seeing you on stage, dancing like a boss.” I smile at him, and his face brightens immediately.

 

“Jinja? Well, this will be the best combined debut in history!” Se Hun says, already getting excited and forgetting about how sad he was a second ago.

 

“Tao?” Kai asks turning to Tao.

 

“I need a break. If we’re going to go back to our busy schedule soon, I need to try and get as much sleep as possible.” Tao stretches his arms.

 

Lu Han’s POV

 

 

When we arrived at the cave, Kai was the only one who looked really excited. Everyone else was staring at the cave entrance a little hesitantly. There were a bunch of tourists, but the area was large enough to not feel crowded. I wonder what Kai’s got planned today. Now that our vacation is cut short, he’s sure to think of a plan to reveal the secret in some mischievous fashion. Will it be a mass revelation? The only people here who don’t know are Chen, Xiu Min, and D.O.

 

“Let’s split up” I hear Kai say to everyone.

 

“Ya, who put you in charge?” D.O. says.

 

“You want to stay in a large group and move slowly so we can’t explore as much of the cave?” Kai counters.

 

“Fine, but I want to be in a group with Chen and Xiu Min” D.O. says.

 

“Perfect” Kai says rubbing his two hands together with an evil grin. Oh, now I see where this is going.

 

“I’ll go with Se Hun, Min Young, and Kai” Lay says, playing along. What?!?! Lay’s in on this too? That was unexpected.

 

“That leaves Myung Soo and Lu Han to go with Chen, Xiu Min, and D.O.” Kai smirks looking at me.

 

Mei and I walk over to Chen, Xiu Min, and D.O. who greet us with smiles. Time to sit back and see what happens…

 

Mei/Myung Soo’s POV

 

Kai never told me what his plan was. He said to just act normal, and that he would take care of everything. Lu Han, Chen, Xiu Min, D.O. and I walk cautiously into the cave with Kai’s group following behind us.  We could’ve chosen to get a tour guide, but Kai says it would be more fun to explore freely. The cave is dark except for a few lamps. We’re just walking, looking around, pointing at cool rock shapes and dark area.

manjuggal caves jeju

“Hey, where did the other group go? They were just behind us.” Chen suddenly asks.

 

I turn and look around. Kai, Se Hun, Min Young, and Lay were nowhere to be seen.

 

“That was the point of splitting up; we would, quote: ‘split up’.” D.O. says sarcastically.

 

“Yeah, but they seemed to have disappeared a little too quickly. Don’t you think?” Chen says.

 

“Now, that you mention it, there really wasn’t another direction they could’ve gone.” Xiu Min adds.

 

“They either left the cave, or they’re hiding behind some of the rocks.” Lu Han says. “Knowing Kai, they’re probably hiding.”

 

“Yeah, probably going to pop out and scare us” D.O. says. “YA, YOU GUYS CAN STOP WITH THE GAMES. WE KNOW WHAT YOU’RE UP TO!!” D.O. shouts into the cave.

 

“Let’s look for them” Chen suggests.

 

We head towards an area that’s darker and harder to see because if Kai and the others are hiding they would definitely choose a dark spot. We are all trying to navigate through the rocky area, when Chen’s knee accidentally hits my crotch.

 

“Oh, Myung Soo, miane!” Chen shouts as if it was the biggest deal ever. The other members are looking at me, waiting for a response. I look over at Lu Han who’s signaling for me to cringe in pain. Why? It didn’t even hurt that much. Then I remember...I supposedly just got hit in a sensitive area. Whoops!

 

I proceed to curl up in a ball, pretending to be in pain, but it was too late.

 

“Myung Soo?” Xiu Min says walking over to me.

 

“He has a slow reaction” Lu Han quickly explains.

 

“Ah” Xiu Min nods understandingly. D.O. looks scared.

 

“Should we take him to the hospital?” D.O. says looking like he’s about to panic. “I heard you could…die” His hands start to tremble.

 

“No!” Lu Han and I both shout.

 

I suddenly stand up. “See? I’m fine.” I say.

 

Chen and Xiu Min give me a weird look.

 

“Are you sure you’r-“  Chen starts to ask, but is interrupted by Kai who pops out from behind a rock.

 

We all jump up in surprise. Min Young, Se Hun, and Lay emerge from different places.

 

“So, who’s figured it out?” Kai says looking from Xiu Min to Chen to D.O.

 

“Figured what out? That you were planning on scaring us?” Chen asks.

 

“It’s not about us. It’s about Myung Soo. Why don’t you three start throwing out your best guesses?” Kai says.

 

“Myung Soo has a weird condition?” Xiu Min says, unsure of what Kai’s referring to.

 

“Wait, I got it!” D.O. shouts. Everyone turns to him, waiting for him to say it. “Myung Soo is…an ALIEN!!” He starts screaming and running around like a girl.

 

“D.O.!” Xiu Min shouts. “Myung Soo is not an alien”

 

I look over at Chen who is deep in thought.

 

“Chen?” Kai asks turning to Chen. We all wait for Chen to say something.

 

Then he looks at me. “You’re…you’re…Mei” Chen finally says.

 

“Ding, ding, ding! Correct!” Kai says.

 

“I knew it! Lay you lied to me!” Chen says pointing at Lay.

 

“Hey, I didn’t know at the time!” Lay says raising both of his arms.

 

“Chen knew before?” Se Hun asks surprised.

 

“I was suspicious, and spending every day singing with her really doesn’t help in getting rid of that suspicion.” Chen answers.

 

“Her?” D.O. asks confused. “Myung Soo’s a girl?” D.O. eyes are starting to look like they’re going to pop out again.

 

“Yeah, what did you think we meant by Myung Soo is Mei?” Xiu Min asks looking at D.O.

 

“I thought Mei was like some secret code word or something” D.O.’s says still confused.   

 

“D.O. you don’t know who Mei is?” Kai asks.

 

“Mei…” D.O. whispers to himself and starts to think. “The Mei? Lu Han’s Mei? The girl in the picture he talks to every-“

 

“D.O.!!” Lu Han shouts preventing D.O. from saying anymore.

 

“Arasso. I get it now.” D.O. says.

 

Then the long explanation begins. It took longer to explain because I wasn’t as close to Xiu Min, Chen, and D.O. and they didn’t know about my situation or even much about my relationship with Lu Han. Chen was the first to understand because he had sort of recognized me before, but didn’t mention it because Lay told him to forget about it.

 

Xiu Min barely knew me as a person. He basically knew me as Lu Han’s sort of girlfriend from America who left him, but now I’m just his teammate who happens to be a girl disguised as a guy.

 

D.O. didn’t really care because it really had nothing to do with him. He seemed bored when I was explaining with the help of Min Young.

 

“Whatever” D.O. says when we finish. “It’d be so much cooler if you were an alien, then the whole EXO planet thing would make more sense.” He jokes.

 

.......................................................................................................................

Hey guys! I just want to thank you all for the wonderful comments. I bet you've all seen EXO's debut?!?! RIGHT?!?! Wasn't it amazing? I'll have to admit, it was kind of sad seeing how tired Exo-K looked after all of those retakes. And the whole Exo-M controversy was also pretty heartbreaking. I really hope they make it in China. Let's just keep supporting Exo through these tough times!! EXOtics FOREVER!! EXO-K HWAITING!!! EXO-M JIA YOU!!!