Short L time

What should I do?

Jaehyun's POV:

My eyes flickered open and I saw L's face right beside mine making me jump from my position. 

"Lets go dear, you wouldn't want to spend so long in the car when theres even more amazing things that are waiting for you." He said as he slightly cough and went away from his previous position. 

I swear I could see him blushing but maybe it was just my sleepy eyes. I mean, why in the world would he blush? Thats just.. Weird. I quickly checked my appearance, my hair was in such a mess I almost got scared by my own face. I quickly touched up before joining him who was patiently waiting at the front porch of the restaurant. FOOD! My eyes immediately enlarged and my mouth automatically opened, almost drooling. 

"I know you're a glutton but those reactions are unnecessary." L said as he slung his arms around my shoulders, dragging me into the restaurant.

"L, im amazingly hungry. Dont blame me, you were the one who dragged me out without feeding me." I slapped his shoulders. 

"Says the one who ate all my supply of chocolates in my car.. Anyways, just order whatever you feel like eating. Its my treat today." He smiled and pinched my cheeks.

"Really?? I can treat you instead, considering that I didnt remember our anniversarr!" I put my thumbs up which was replied with a shake of his head.

"Nope, thats not going to work. Im still treating you for this, I will figure out what you can do to cover up that mistake of yours." He poked out his tongue and continued looking through the menu.

After minutes of deciding what to eat, we finally finished sending in our orders. We were just staring into each others eyes when I decided to break the silence. 

"So what are your other reasons to bring me out? You seem to have something that you have been itching to tell me, come on, youre not gonna make me wait are you?" I placed my head on my palms, staring right into his eyes.

"I guess we know each other too well. I wanted to spend time with you cause.. I will be going for tour next month and schedules will be hectic for quite a while and I wont be in the country for long." He said with such disappointment in his eyes.

"Isnt that great? At least youre travelling around the world, enjoy it while you can. Its something you really enjoy, dont be disappointed just because of me alrights. Im fine, and I would be busy with my last year in school this year, at least it decreases my guilt towards you." I smiled, while pinching his cheeks. 

"Wont you miss me?" He pouted while holding to my hand.

"I lived three years without you, you did too. Of course i will miss you but trust me, it will pass by very fast." I gave him an assuring smile while tightening my grip on his hand. 

"Yes it will. I will miss you alot. I will call you alot so dont miss it alrights. Do well in school, dont play around too much." He pats my cheeks while I nod my head. 

Our food came and I devoured it like a person who have not eaten for years. I usually start off my day with breakfast but since I didnt earlier on, hunger has taken over my sane self. But I guess I was sane enough to not get any food all over my face or my clothes. Although L is my bestfriend, theres no way i can ruin my image in the public especially with him. Im so glad that no one recognises him here, maybe one or two but way better than having tons of them. 

"Is your food more attractive than me that youre not going to look at the extremely handsome guy infront of you?" L asked as I took another spoonful of my food. 

"Well, my stomach is pressurising me to swallow all these up but Im amazing enough to eat at a slower speed. But my stomach wants to stare at the food rather than staring at your face and making it even more hungrier." I nonsensically said since I was too occupied looking at his eyes which looked pretty different than usual. 

"Hm, then should I get rid of your food so that you can look at me?" He looked at me slyly and threatened to take our my plate of food but of course, I beat him to it. 

"Lets make a deal, let me eat this peacefully first till my stomach is satisfied then I will stare at you for as long as you want. Is that okay?" I suggested, giving a thumbs up which was returned with a grab on my left hand by him. 

I gave him a questioning look, giving a glance to both of our hands that are wrapped around each other. "Why arent you eating?" He asked, looking not so puzzled like I am. 

I didnt want to make it awkward by asking him to let go, ((maybe i like his hands in mine)) I continued eating but weirdly with only one of my hand and same goes to him. Once we were done paying the bill, we went out with our hands still together but this time round, it was intertwined. There was a part of me that didnt want to let go because his warmth was making my hand really comfortable and our hands seem to fit in perfectly. I just shook the thought off my mind and continued talking to him. We took the car and we apparently arrived at Han River. There were so many people around the area, exercising, relaxing or simply making out. I was wondering why we were there until he opened the door and pulled my hand into his once again. 

"Hey, dont u think this place is a little too crowded? People might recognise you just like earlier." I pulled back his hands, making him halt. 

"It is but i want to view the sunset. Once the sun sets, we will go back home so that you can rest for school tomorrow. " He smiled and pulled me along with him. 

We just sat at a bench, his arms  around my shoulders, our proximity were at the maximum yet it was not awkward. 

"Isnt your work tiring? I want to work but sometimes being a student might be alot better." I lean my head on his shoulders. 

"It is very tiring thats why I really love it when we dont have schedules which is very rare these days. Having to balance between studying and schooling is not easy ya know." He said, poking my cheeks making me sit upright. 

"I know that but its a pathway you have picked. Its a work that youre passionate in so I bet its nice to have both at the same time unlike me who has to just study so that I can get a good job after i graduate. " I crossed my arms, pouting my face. 

"So you should treasure this last few months before you will miss it. it up and continue studying till your graduation. I will then have to it up and balance both at the same time. " He pinched my cheeks making me smile. 

"I will, and you have to enjoy your career. Who knows how long you are going to last in this industry? But never abandon your education because it will help you alot in the future." I linked my arms with him and lean on his shoulders, witnessing the sunset with him. 

Once it was already dark, we walked back to the car with linked arms. Although we didnt do much, i was feeling tired and Im sure he was too.

"Schedules tomorrow?" I asked as he was concentrated on the road. 

"Yeap, practice for tour. While then, dont tire yourself too much with school okay. If you need anyone to talk to, you can always call me because at least i can get breaks in between." He teased poking my cheeks with his free hand. 

"Yeah right, using me for your advantage. Youre the one who needs to be warned. Dont tire yourself too much, i will be very worried. Make sure you get your full meals and dont skip any meals at all. I can send you food if you need me too. Water is very important too, make sure-" I was nagging halfway when his hand found its way to my mouth. 

"I get it Hyunnie ah. Dont nag too much, you will be an old woman way too fast, i wont be able to enjoy your youth." He joked which I returned with a bite on his hand. 

"I was just trying to make sure that this best friend of mine doesnt forget to do the normal things people do because hes very forgetful and clumsy. We should go now, im already feeling sleepy." I yawned slightly and pulled him up from the bench.

We drove off and the journey was  very short, filled with silence. When we reached my home, many of the rooms were bright and i guess most of them are homed already. 

"Thank you for today buddy. Im really sorry for forgetting about it, i will make it up to you soon. I hope to meet you soon, I will miss you." I said as I enveloped him in a tight hug. 

"Its okay, you dont have to. Just make sure you do well in school and not stress yourself loved one. Goodnight Hyunnie." He replied, with a peck on my forehead. 

I smiled and waved before entering the house. I sighed in exhaustion as i turned around to see no one in the living room. Guess everyone is being an anti social in their room. I turned off the lights, grabbed a cup of milk and went up to my room. I didnt really bother about the other oppas because Im sure they are perfectly fine in their own rooms. While going into my room, i could clearly hear Kyuhyun's voice with the vigorous sounds from his keyboard. Him and his games again. I went to take a long shower before dressing in my pajamas, getting ready for bed. I settled down in my bed, ready to indulge into my social media for a while when knocks on the door could be heard. I waited a while and the door opened. 

"Just reached home?" He smiled, stepping into my room. 


A/N; It has been an extremely long time since i updated this story. I really want to continue and end this, but time is really not on my side. I take so long to update a part of a chapter because I sneaked in some time to update it. Its a really short update but hope its worth the read. HAVE A GREAT DAY READERS!