Forty-Three (FINAL CHAPTER)

Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEYEON's POV


          I went back to my dorm feeling like . I'm supposed to attend class today but due to what happened, I don't think I can manage going. Jessica's being driven by fear and I don't know how else I would convince her to talk things out. I know she wants to be with me but something's stopping her to do so. 


"! This is all your fault." I took a handful of my hair and pulled it out of frustration while sitting on the floor, leaning my back against the bed. "This wasn't supposed to happen. I didn't mean to complicate things." I said to no one, feeling myself about to cry. 


Suddenly, the memory of what happened earlier flashed in my head. When she kissed me back, I really felt that it was full of love. It's as if she's been longing for it. I unconsciously touched my lips, thinking about how it felt like eternity having to share that kind of moment with her. 

 

Of all the smiles she had given me, the laughter she had shared with me, and the sad and boring times we spent with each other. How did I not notice? 

 

It only made me feel worse thinking we could've been together if I had known what she felt for me. "Why didn't she tell me?" I asked myself and looked downwards as I hug my knees. I stayed still and let myself drown with the thoughts of her. "If I give her more time, will she finally stop pushing me away?" 


For days, I waited again. I've tried my best to fight the urge to reach out to her. Maybe having a talk with her that day was a bad timing considering we had classes to attend to and I decided to show up in no time but it was the only schedule I know that I can talk to her for Tiffany has to leave early during Wednesdays. I've seen it as the perfect opportunity to talk things out but it didn't end well. 


Sunday. I was arranging my stuff and cleaning as well when I happen to catch a glimpse of our photobooth films by my desk. I stopped what I was doing and went to get it before sitting on my bed. I can't help but put up a bittersweet smile as I stare at it. We have so many photos together yet this one looked different. We looked more happy. 


"I don't want you to become just a memory, Sica. Please, make up your mind." I said to her face in the photos as if she'll hear me. My chest started feeling heavy, a sign that I'm close to crying when suddenly my phone rang.

 

"Hey." I softly spoke as soon as I answered the phone.

"Come over when you have time. You still have some clothes left in my closet." she told me, sounding so cold. 

"Uh...sure." 

 

And she hung up the call just like that. I sighed and started thinking about Tiffany all of a sudden after hearing her voice. We wouldn't become like this if I only made the right choices then. Because of my realizations, I lost not only a lover, but a best friend for years as well. Before I decided to break up with her, I made sure I won't regret it afterwards. Just like I've mentioned, I've thought about it all throughout the days that we've been together and within those three days, I forced myself to act like how a real girlfriend will supposed to but then I realized that I want to do the things with Jessica that Tiffany wants me to do with her. It was sickening, but that's when I knew I had to break things off with her. 


Since I also want to see how Jessica is doing, I quickly finished up what I was doing to take a quick shower and went straight to the apartment. 


I knocked on the door thrice, waiting for either of them to open the door. I hoped for Jessica to open it though, just to see her again up close but I was welcomed by the sight of Tiffany instead. 


"Hey." I said softly and I can't help but observe her expression. It's obvious that she's going through a hard time, making me gulp as our eyes meet. She didn't greet back and opened the door widely for me instead to come in. 


"I already put them in a tote bag, you can look for your other things around if there's any." Tiffany straight up told me. I nodded my head and followed her from behind, not forgetting to set my eyes on Jessica's closed door as we pass by it. 


When I walked in, I noticed there were some changes in Tiffany's room. She moved her bed to the other side as well as her nightstand. Our framed photos together are not to be seen on her study desk anymore. I watched her quietly fold some of her clothes by the bed as I stand awkwardly behind the door. 


I guess, she doesn't have anything to do nor say to me anymore after what happened but of course I'm still worried about how she's doing.


"Fany-ah, how are you?" 


Silence occurred, not that it was new. I can feel she's hesitating to answer but I can't blame her at all. She must be thinking just where did I get the ing nerve to ask her that after dumping her?


"How do you think I feel?" she flatly asked in return, making me feel like a total for asking her that question. 


"I just want to know how you're doing these days. I know I've caused you a lot of damage but you have to take care of yourself." 


And there was silence yet again. I'm still stood frozen, afraid to take further steps because of the tension. Maybe if I had just kept my mouth shut, I wouldn't be as awkward as I am right now. 


"Jessica told me everything." she suddenly said, widening my eyes at the mention of her name. "Do you think I'd feel any better after that?" 


"No, I'm sorry." I looked down on my feet after getting confronted. As much as I want to run away, I have to face this. I have to clear things if I want to be with Jessica. I let out a sigh and lifted my head back up. "But like I said, she didn't do-" 


"Was I a ing joke to you, Taeyeon?" Tiffany finally turned to face me, and the pain in her eyes showed up again. Anytime now she's going to cry because of me again. "You kissed her the day before my birthday and then act perfectly like that the next?" it didn't take too long for her tears to fall down. Seeing her like this makes my chest feel heavy.


"I actually wanted to tell you about it that exact day but I didn't have a heart to do so." I said with my trembling voice as I stare into her watery eyes. "And I didn't know you were going to say yes the next day. It became harder for me to-"


"That's exactly what I am mad about! That neither of you told me right away!" she raised her voice this time, letting out her anger. "If either of you really cared about my feelings, at least one of you would tell it straight to my face during that day!" I didn't say anything anymore and just made my way to engulf her in my arms. "You never should've cared about celebrating my birthday when you two did something like that behind my back." 


"It was all me." I told her as tears well up in my eyes. "There is no one else to blame but me, Tiffany."


We stayed emotional for a while until she frees herself from my arms. "Thanks to that, I lost two of my so-called best friends." she laughed bitterly as she wipe the tears off her face. "You know, Jessica's decision to move out is only right because I can't live with someone like her anymore. It's like the trash took itself out." 


When she said those words, I stepped back a little. "What do you mean?" 


"Why don't you see for yourself?" 


With that being said, I made my way out to knock on Jessica's door out of confusion. "Sica?" I take a look around the u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter