Thirty-Nine

Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon finally gave in and captured her lips. She couldn't handle the look in Jessica's eyes any longer and everything just felt right. 


Feeling Taeyeon's lips move again, Jessica knows Taeyeon is waiting for her to kiss back and she wanted to, she really does. Hell, she's been hoping for this moment for months but Tiffany occupied her mind. She couldn't close her eyes and return the kiss because of guilt so when Taeyeon pulled away, Jessica quickly gets her off on top of her and brushed her hair using her fingers as she sit back up. She breathed for a while, thinking how it lead to that but she knows she can't stay any longer. 


"I-I need to go." she nervously uttered before she gets off the bed and started to gather her belongings. Jessica could feel her chest getting heavy again. This happens when she's feeling too much emotions all at once. 


Taeyeon started to worry seeing Jessica in this state. Maybe she caused her too much shock. "Sica..." she softly called out her name as she watch her pack her belongings. When Jessica rushed to get to the door, she rose up from the bed and called her once more. "Sica, wait!" but Jessica didn't look back and closed the door on her. 


Jessica stood frozen outside, putting a hand on her chest. She could feel herself about to cry anytime soon. Taeyeon can finally see her, she's finally returning her feelings. 

 

But why now? Why now when everything is already so complicated? Jessica thought. 

 

Before she could even shed tears, Jessica walked away and headed to the bus stop. Meanwhile, Taeyeon sat herself on the bed thinking about what she has done. And no, she doesn't regret kissing Jessica, but rather think about how stupid she was whole time for not seeing Jessica that way before. Now she's ed up and she knows it. 


Her phone suddenly rang, stopping her from overthinking. Tiffany. She read the caller's name on her phone. Taeyeon let it ring for a few times before she finally answered. She didn't want to pick up the call but she knew she had to. 

 

"Tae? Class just ended and I'm planning to buy milk tea. Do you want one?" 

"No." she simply responded. 

"Anything you want specifically?" 

"Nothing, Fany-ah. I'm full, thank you." 

"Okay. Well, I'll see you later, okay?" 

 

And just like that, the call ended. Talk about Tiffany's perfect timing when all she can think about right now is Jessica. 

 

How would I tell Tiffany about this? That I'm mistaken all along?

 

Taeyeon hissed and took a handful of her hair, stressing about what she should do. She was in love with Tiffany for so many years but now that she has a chance to finally be with her, she had to feel this way. She had to suddenly figure out she was in love with the wrong person all along. Apparently, one kiss is all it takes.


"Should I tell her now?" she asked herself but then slap herself afterwards thinking about how horrible it would turn out if she does now. "No, you , it's her birthday tomorrow. You can't break her heart at a time like this." Taeyeon tightly shut her eyes and let out a sigh once more. "Stupid." she told herself. "You're so stupid!" 


She became mad at herself. How did things turn out this way? How did everything happen so quickly? 


As she think of these questions, she stood up and change her clothes to go into their apartment. After all, she has to meet with Tiffany. 

 

After her birthday, I'll tell her the truth.

 

Taeyeon arrived perfectly on time with Tiffany opening the door for her as always. "Hi, baby." the redhead pecked her lips and she could only force a small smile. "What did you do the whole day?" Tiffany asks as she take a sip of her milk tea. 


"Nothing much." Taeyeon plainly responded then the sight of Jessica's dreamy eyes all the way down her rosy pink lips right before she kissed her suddenly flashes in her mind. She gulped nervously thinking about it and this didn't go unnoticed by Tiffany whose eyes never left Taeyeon. 


"Are you okay? You seem a bit off." 


"I just...I didn't get much sleep last night." Taeyeon couldn't think of any other reason to say so she gently pulled Tiffany for a hug instead to refrain the redhead from observing her obviously bothered expression. Tiffany smiled thinking Taeyeon might be planning something very special for her to be this nervous. She didn't question her no more. 


"I'm excited for tomorrow." Tiffany bit her lip out of excitement while Taeyeon could only stay quiet. "Aren't you?" 


"I am, too. It's going to be a very special date." Taeyeon says but she actually didn't mean the words. She just didn't want to make Tiffany feel bad right now and suspect her. The tone in her voice says it all. She doesn't sound excited nor happy and she couldn't lie about it. But she has to pretend at the very least. 


Her eyes then landed on Jessica's door, hoping for it to open and see her again. Taeyeon knows she has to talk about what happened with Jessica. It's not something they could just ignore and forget especially Taeyeon feels she's not the only one feeling this way. 


At 9 A.M. the following day, Taeyeon claimed to have attended class when in fact, she's in her dorm with Yuri, picking up the groceries she bought yesterday with Jessica. As expected, Yuri was able to free her schedule today because she's really the only one who can help her since Jessica had classes to attend to. 


"Was that all?" Yuri asked, standing in front of her car trunk. 


"Yeah, let's go." they closed the lid and gets inside the car. 


"What time will she be back?" Yuri asked, re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter