Forty-One

Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[FLASHBACK]


          The two were casually hanging out at Taeyeon's dorm. Whilst the latter is busy playing ukulele, Tiffany can't help but feel bored. She thought if they were finally officially together, things would spice up between them but rather than feeling like on cloud nine, Tiffany felt like Taeyeon wasn't cherishing their relationship enough. And it's only the beginning yet she's already acting like this, Tiffany thought.


The redhead released a heavy sigh and a hair behind her ear. "Tae, can you please pay more attention to me? I feel bored. We've been here for two hours and all you do is play that thing." 


Taeyeon was a bit surprised by Tiffany's sudden complaint. Although it's true that it's kind of boring being in here, she thought Tiffany wouldn't mind. At least Jessica loved watching her play music. Taeyeon shook away her thoughts and finally stopped playing. "Sorry." 


"You know, why don't we have some fun? It's been a while since we've last had..." Tiffany bit her lower lip as she travel her hand across Taeyeon's stomach. "I just figured we haven't done it in a while." Taeyeon could only look away, not liking the idea of getting intimate with her partner but suddenly, she can already feel Tiffany's moving lips on hers. Taeyeon kissed back, still have her eyes opened. She found her lips moving on their own but she felt disgusted just by feeling Tiffany's touches. Before Tiffany could even lift up her shirt, Taeyeon put a stop to it. 


"Fany-ah..." she said softly. 


"What?" Tiffany asked with a hint of annoyance. "What is it again this time?" knowing this isn't the first time Taeyeon has pulled away from their kiss, she's surely starting to get on her nerves. 


"I'm not in the mood." Taeyeon simply responded, earning a scoff from Tiffany. 


"Not in the mood? Really?" out of embarrassment, Tiffany lets out a bitter laugh. She's not going to buy Taeyeon's excuse. Not today. "You realize this isn't the first time, right?" she asked but Taeyeon remained silent and can't even maintain an eye contact with her. Remembering the first time Taeyeon had done this, Tiffany brought it up since they never really got to talk about it. "You were going to tell me something on my birthday. What was it?" 


Taeyeon blinked for a few times as she play with her fingers. Her mind is going crazy, torned whether she should tell her today until she figured she can't keep doing this anymore. "I think we should break up." she told Tiffany without any filter. 


"What did you say?" the tone in her voice changed. She definitely did not see this coming. 


Taeyeon took a deep breath before looking up again to meet Tiffany's eyes in front of her. She could see the shock and at the same time confusion in her eyes. "Our relationship...it was a mistake, Fany-ah. I was going to tell you then but-" and just like that, she felt a hard slap on her cheek. Taeyeon wasn't really surprised, in fact, she's expecting a reaction like this from her. 


"You're lying." Tiffany repeatedly shakes her head as she was about to cry. "This is not funny, Taeyeon."


"I'm not kidding." Taeyeon turned her gaze back on Tiffany once more. "I've been thinking about it for days. I've thought about how much I wanted this back then but Tiffany I..." Tiffany stood up and walks back and forth, trying to calm herself as Taeyeon tries to explain herself. "I just- I don't know what happened but I know that I don't want this anymore." her voice is trembling, trying to explain her side. 


Tiffany's breathing gets heavier each time and Taeyeon isn't helping at all. She can feel her tears slowly falling down her cheeks, trying to understand what Taeyeon has to say. She's not making sense at all until a specific someone comes into her mind. Tiffany stopped in front of the older girl and ask her directly, "This isn't about Jessica, is it?" 


Upon the mention of Jessica's name, Taeyeon wasn't able to say anything for a moment. Instead, she averted her eyes anywhere else before speaking again. "She didn't do anything." 


"That's not what I'm asking." Tiffany says. 


Taeyeon could feel the anger coming from the redhead's voice. She already expected this but it's still scary to be put in a situation like this. 


"Make it make sense, Taeyeon!" Tiffany raised her voice, not getting any respond from her girlfriend. Her tears continuously fall down, desperately asking Taeyeon for a clear answer. "Make me understand. Why do you want to break up with me?" 


With that question, Taeyeon swallowed hard before giving her answer. "Because I don't love you anymore." She may be the worst person in the world right now for hurting Tiffany but at least, she's finally being honest to herself.


It caused Tiffany to fall on the floor and cry aloud. Hearing those words from Taeyeon after being with her for only three days made her question her whole worth. Taeyeon tried to help her get up but Tiffany keeps on slapping her hands. "Get away from me!" 


"Fany-ah, I'm sorry." Taeyeon says, completely unaware that she's also crying. 


"After all the years we've spent together, you're just going to hurt me like this?" Tiffany wipes her tears away. "Aren't you being a little too selfish?" 


"I'm sorry." are the only words she can say out of guilt. 


[FLASHBACK ENDS]

 

Tiffany's words left agape. "What are you talking about?" 


"She broke up with me. Are you happy?" Tiffany says, finally making it clear for Jessica to understand. The latter was shocked to hear it, she didn't expect Taeyeon would end their relationship. "I'm sure you've been waiting for this. Well, congratulations." Tiffany sarcastically added as if Jessica is the one to blame.


"What?" Jessica asked in disbelief. "Is that what you think of me?" her eyebrows knitted once more, hurt that Tiffany is trying to accuse her of ruining their relationship. 


"Am I wrong? I know you've liked her ever since before we become something." Tiffany says again. 


Jessica cannot believe what she's hearing. She understand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter