Thirty-Six

Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I think this is by far the longest chapter. Enjoy, loves! :)

 

 

"Tae, are you done yet? We're on our way there." Tiffany says on the other line. 


"Yes, almost." I responded while rushing myself to get my stuff packed. 


"Alright. See you, baby!" I heard her say. I really like it when she calls me that but also funny 'cause we're not even official yet. Well, it'd  be like that sometimes. 


When she hung up the call, I double-checked my things and quickly arranged my stuff in the dorm before heading out. Always keep in mind to leave your room or house clean so you won't get annoyed at yhe sight when you come back. I locked the door and immediately went downstairs and it didn't take long before I finally see Yuri's car approaching followed by Krystal's car behind. 


Tiffany mentioned we're going to ride on Krystal's car since Hyoyeon and Yoona already occupied the back seats of Yuri's car. I picked up my stuff and taps on Yuri's windshield as I pass by them to greet on my way to Krystal's car. I caught a glimpse of Sica on the passenger seat scrolling through her phone. 


I motioned for Krystal to open the trunk to put my stuff and gets in right after doing so. "Hi." I tapped both Krystal and Amber's shoulders and gave Fany a kiss on the cheek as a greet.


"Unnie! It's been a while, gosh. I missed you!" Krystal excitedly taps my hand before putting it back on the gearshift to drive. 


"I can tell." I chuckled at her cuteness. How odd it is that I can talk comfortably with her now than her sister.  


I turned to Tiffany to see how she looks. She's wearing a see-through short sleeve crop top that perfectly displays her round mounds partnered with white shorts. "You look so good." She clings onto my arm and leaned her head on my shoulder upon receiving a compliment from me. She likes it when I shower her with sweet words. 


"How long 'til we get there?" I asked while interlocking fingers with Fany. 


"Uh...about 4 hours, I think?" Krystal answered so I nodded my head as a response. 


There wasn't much of a talk inside the car so I let myself fall asleep since it's still early. It's just 5 AM in the morning. Sometimes, I would be awake in a middle of a commotion but I'd continue sleeping afterwards while interlocking fingers with Tiffany. 


By the time I woke up for like the 3rd time, Krystal is already parking the car with Amber assisting outside. I looked to my side and sees Tiffany still asleep so I gently caressed her face to wake her. "Hey, we're here." 


"We are?" she asked sleepily. 


"Yes." I brought out her makeup kit 'cause I know she'll be checking her face before she steps outside. She smiled at the action because she didn't have to tell me what to do anymore. 


"Thank you." she cupped my face. 


"I'll wait for you outside. I gotta help them carry things." I told her upon seeing Yuri and the others already carrying loads of stuff. 


"Alright." 


I immediately took what I can and carry them all at once so I don't have to keep on coming back. 


"Yah! What are you, a princess? Why don't you go and help?" I suddenly heard Krystal yelling at Jessica who's still sitting on the passenger seat of Yuri's car, looking totally unbothered by the presence of Krystal. I unconsciously let out a chuckle while carrying something. 

 

She is a princess.

 

Once we've arranged most of our stuff, Yuri and I told the rest of the girls to take a rest first since there aren't any cooked dishes to be eaten yet. 


Worried about Yuri who drove for hours and yet still need to cook upon arrival, I tapped her shoulder. "What about you? You should take a rest too, you know? I can do this by myself. Besides, I've had enough sleep." 


She immediately shook her head. "I'm alright. We are a kitchen duo, aren't we?" 


I chuckled at her remark. As time goes by, Yuri and I became friends as well after spending time together almost every week in Tiffany and Jessica's apartment. I believe we hated each other the first time but we've grown to set our immaturity aside and befriend each other. 

 

I can now see how much of a good person she is. I wouldn't be surprised if one day Sica decides to date-

 

I swallowed hard just by thinking about it while stirring the pan. I couldn't even finish what I had in mind. I don't know what it is but as much as I want to be happy for Yuri for finally getting a shot to be with Sica, I can't help but feel bitter about it. The more they become close with each other, the more I'm tempted to pull Jessica away from her and bring back the friendship we once had. 


But I can't. That's not how it works. It's not as easy as it seems. 


"How are things between you and Tiffany?" Yuri washed away my thoughts by initiating a conversation with me while cutting onions on the table. "I mean, we do hang out with each other for quite some time now but how are things between you two?" 


"It's all going well. We want to enjoy each other's company for a while." I simply responded, still stirring the pan. 


"You know, I expected you two to be official the moment she mentioned something's going on between the two of you. I can't believe she still haven't said yes." 


"I respect her decision. Just because we've known each other for years doesn't mean we can't take things slow." I said calmly but I heard her scoff. 


"Take things slow? You two already had , what do you mean by taking things slow?" she asked in a low volume, careful not to be heard by anyone. Of course it surprised me. How the does she know that? 


I turned around and yell at her in a low volume as well, if that makes sense. "Yah! How the - how do you know that?" 


"See? It's true after all." she smirked. "We heard the two of you, you know? Next time, I advice you shut her up." my eyes grew even bigger at her statement.


"What!?" this time, I yelled for real. I turned around to set my gaze on the pan again and facepalmed myself out of embarrassment. 


I heard her let out a chuckle. "Be careful next time, midget." 


I can only shake my head for a moment. For all I thought, I was doing a great job keeping her quiet. I cursed myself in the head. 


After calming myself down, I suddenly had the courage to ask about her and Jessica while sitting across her. "How about you and Sica? What's going on with you two?" 


"I'm just happy she's slowly breaking her walls down. I think she's starting to trust me." she gave me smile and finished everything that need to be cut. 


At that moment, my memories with Sica flashed in my mind for some reason. "You know, once you earn her trust, you're going to see different sides of her. She's very fun to be with." I unconsciously smiled thinking about her. 


Seeing the way Yuri was looking at me when I said that, I knew I had to stop smiling. "I'm just saying 'cause she used to...we used to be close to each other. I've set boundaries the moment Tiffany liked me back." 


I actually have no idea why I'm telling her these things but maybe just to let her know that Jessica is indeed a great woman. 


"I know that." a smile slowly formed on her lips. "You know, I used to help her bring you to their house. You looked like a real mess that time. You're lucky, she was there to save your , Taeng." Yuri starts to tease me again. God, how many times does she have to remind me my embarrassing moments?


After about two hours, Yuri finally finished the last dish. We called the others to join us for lunch once everything is set. 


"Perfect timing, I'm already starving!" Krystal clapped her hands as she take a look on the dishes at the table. 


"Get comfortable to dig in but remember to wash the dishes afterwards." I , making the others laugh.


"Why me? Unnie hasn't done anything yet!" she pointed a finger at Jessica who immediately cursed her in return. Never a dull moment with these two. 


"Don't worry about it, Hyo and I will be in charge of washing the dishes." Yoona commented. 


"You finally had something good to say." Yuri teased as well. 


Lunch shortly started with all of us gathered around the table. Just when I was about to peel shrimps for Fany, I've seen Yuri already doing it for Sica across us. 


"Do you know that when you peel shrimps for someone, it means that that person is special?" I suddenly remembered what Tiffany said back then.


Seems like both Jessica and I did because I am now seeing her blushing which also didn't go unnoticed by their friends.


"Ah, Kwon Yuri. You and your ways to charm a girl." Yoona teased. I didn't pay it no mind anymore and just focused on my own thing. 


Once we've had enough rest after eating, all of us decided to change into our swimwear. I'm not the type to wear bikinis when swimming so I put on a rash guard and a cycling instead. Wanting to flex her athletic toned body, Yuri decided to wear a sports bra and an underwear. 


Since Tiffany, Jessica, Krystal and Hyoyeon are taking too long to get changed, Yuri suggests we play volleyball for the mean time which Amber and Yoona agreed to. 


Didn't I mention before that I at this game? Yuri keeps on making me run after the ball because of her spikes, I can feel myself slowly getting tired. 


"Come on, Taeng, keep up with us!" she demanded. 


"I'm trying! Stop making me fetch all the time, idiot!" I argued before we keep playing. 


When Tiffany and Hyoyeon arrived, I excused myself to go to her. "Damn, you look so good." I compliment as I respectfully take a look at her body wearing red bikinis. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter